PDA

View Full Version : LJ MON, AM report 8/15

vellocity
08-15-2005, 11:56 AM
fished the usual spots..
dead early AM.. lots of med sized anchovies in the canyon and out at 160', acres of them..

watched the sporties start swingin on their anchor around 830am or so, signaling the start of the current..
fish started boiling around a little after 9am..

2 YT's
one on bait, looked about 10# so i released it.. as i'm releasing it i hear splashes and i turn around to see YT's boiling in a few spots.. cast the megabait and it's inhaled by a smaller model which came up smoking blood from his gills so i had to keep him.. he ate that iron down to the gills! i'll take it..

good luck out there..
N

madscientist
08-15-2005, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the report Nelz. You out there tomorrow? I'm thinking to go north but haven't decided.

vellocity
08-15-2005, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the report Nelz. You out there tomorrow? I'm thinking to go north but haven't decided.

yeah! i know!!! wished i had that info this morning!! i'm willing to venture.. i'll start way up there and work back to scripps and you can work north.. we'll find something?

http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26505

blackcloud9
08-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Hey Nelz,

That was me and Aaron waving at you by Big Rock at dawn. We were playing inside with the checkerboard bass before work. Got a few WSBs to release as well all on plastics. Yesterday they calicos were chewing the IRON every cast. Cool.

SSW swell starts Tues PM see ya at those secret reefs.
Larry

crazed4fishin
08-16-2005, 05:33 PM
nice were you on the shore?
im fishing there tomorrow
(to blackcloud9)

mars
08-16-2005, 06:13 PM

Crazed - I'm on holiday all next week and looking to both kayak fish and surf fish LJ to NC. Assuming you’ve gotten over the whole “fish naked” thing, let me know if you want to fish sometime next week. PM me your availability (do it on the surf fish board as well, as I never remember to check my PMs).

-kvn

vellocity
08-16-2005, 06:40 PM
nice were you on the shore?
(to blackcloud9)

ha! i knew that was your lunker spot!! those were some toads you got the other day..

crazed4fishin
08-16-2005, 07:52 PM
who said that?? :?

vellocity
08-16-2005, 08:42 PM
who said that?? :?

i never said WHERE...your secret is safe with me! your pictures are sweet!

crazed4fishin
08-16-2005, 08:44 PM
whoever said that was my spot

vellocity
08-16-2005, 09:10 PM
relax. your secret is safe with me..
i don't own anything lighter than 25#test and that's used to catch bait.. :D
and even that i'll bump up to 30#test so i don't get break offs when i stuck my sabiki in the kelp..