PDA

View Full Version : LJK 7-28

bumblebeetuna
07-28-2009, 09:25 PM
launched at 4pm today for a short trip, water was extremely warm 74 degrees surf ankle slappers easy entry and landing. Dark blue water unsure of the visibility varied a lot some was 20 some was 10. Wind was up a lot which made for a nice workout. A lot of bait in the water, I saw my first flying fish in our waters today. Only have seen them off the coast of mexico.

For the feeshing.

To make it short cuz im tired but still trying to keep to my word of reportin every trip :luxhello:
Between 2 guys 2 hours: 4 halibut, 1 mackerel, 1 tree fish, 1 log cuda (not landed, shook the hook on the bounce).

Didnt really feel like dealing with the wind today trolling or posting up on the kelp for calicos and went for the bottom mostly. Got em on squid, cuda on iron. Would love to fish tomorrow morning, can only imagine its goin off in the AM!

Good luck, tight lines,
josh

tylerdurden
07-28-2009, 09:32 PM
why weren't you at the MLPA meeting :doh: ? Give up a few fishing days now to insure you can fish LJ forever.

bumblebeetuna
07-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Guilty! Sorry nothing gets me more worked up than animal activists, and sea lions. I had a chance to get out on the water, it was deal with activists or go fishing! There will always be more of them than us, not the fact that we dont wanna show our force but because its easier to convince people its better to save the fish than to "kill" them. Save them for the thousands of people that will never get to enjoy the ocean the ways we do, to them they lose and gain nothing, a pride victory but for many of us we lose everything!

I fished I caught, now ill fill my duties. Ill see you August 3rd!

Billy V
07-29-2009, 10:21 AM
For the record...

-This was the only time we allowed ourselves to be out numbered by Enviro's.
Most of us have been diligent about attending these meetings and fighting for our brothers who could not attend because of serious work obligations.
ie.
Our resident trial attorney needed to do his thing in Court.
My friends wife was delivering a baby.....AND He Went ANYWAY!
-Thanks Elbie:)----The Kid is named Fisher
I flew my Mother and Father in from the New Jersey to Attend the Workshop Meetings, No BS.
They were so outraged about the closures they stayed a Month helped where they could by submitting plenty of Comments Sheets............... Some with Nj flair.:)

A lot of us have taken a personal days, or sick days and driven many miles to hold up our end.

-----------------BUT Now is The Time.......................
I am respectfully asking:

We need your participation and support now on Aug. 3rd in Carlsbad. and Once more in October when these hearings conclude.

-I promise you will be proud of yourselves that You Helped. Our RSG Members have been staring in the Face of Environmentalist Bullying throughout a polluted process and they have hung tough for US.

They need our help, lets give it to them.

Sherm
07-29-2009, 01:42 PM
I'll be there. I've been to a few in LA and here in SD. Carlsbad aint that far. See you there.

frady
07-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Did you catch the Hali's north of the pier or outside the kelp?

bumblebeetuna
07-29-2009, 09:10 PM
where the yerneva canyon meets the gunakno canyon! jk jk, outside the kelp, deep waters no idea how deep tho id estimate 100-120 feet of wata

Dean Machine
07-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Nice job on the hali's ;)