PDA

View Full Version : 8-03 am report

JrBasser
08-03-2009, 08:55 AM
Launched at around 6 yesterday morning. Paddled to the kelp and made a ton of spanish. Decided to dropper loop the kelp for lingcod and threw together quite an impressive bag of calico's on misc artificials instead. My brother got a few chunks on the iron as well. My biggest one went 8.3 on the digi, and came on the last cast of the day. Just shy of the 8.6 a couple days ago. I'm no calico pro, but I have been consistently landing toads in the kelp over the last few days. I must say a toad calico is unreal looking! There just.. so big. Second biggest of the day was a 6.2. Still no yellowtail or WSB action for us although we had a HUGE school come crashing around us a few evenings ago. Slow rolled the iron through them and didn't get touched. The wind has been up and there is a narly all day cloud cover, but the fish are there and active. go get em.

Flatinfifth
08-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Dang!!!!!!!!!.................the calicos you guys are on are HUGE.............. . Sounds like tournament winning material to me. Good job!!!

Flat