PDA

View Full Version : Barber Poles

jsmith78
08-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Barber Poles? Dana Point. anyone got info? Saw fish but only got one Calico. Drop Shotting.

Scoot
08-11-2009, 12:29 PM
I think there is 2 or 3 about a mile or so outside harbor entrance! They mark artificial reefs.

Hunter (The 80's Man)
08-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Hey jsmith,

Was that you I met at Bill and Michelle's the other day?

Sounds like the fishing was a little tough. Try south of the harbor, drift the river entrance and further south at the boiler rocks.

From one dusty yak in the i.e. to another,

Rob

Montesdad
08-12-2009, 05:59 AM
I went out there last weekend and drew a blank - I'm not certain they mark any kind of reef as the water there is 100' deep and the terrain on the bottom is flat but I'm pretty certain they the barber pole (not the flag) marks the exit of the pipe.

jsmith78
08-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Hey there, yeah that was me. Good to hear from you. Thanks for the tips man. I think it's about time to try LJ. When are you heading out again? I think I'll try this Sunday. I hear it get's crowded.

jsmith78
08-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Thanks Scoot. I may just try again.

Hunter (The 80's Man)
08-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Hey Buddy,

(sorry, I forgot your first name :dontknow: ... )

Wish I could go this Sun., they got me working overtime days for the next 2 wks... (but I feel some illness coming on :puke:). Might be able to get down there one day next week. I got a double rack on my truck, it'd be cool to have somebody carpool with, anywhere from Riverside is a pretty good trip.

PM me with your # and what days you typically have off & we'll hook up.

Good luck on Sunday if you go!

Rob Hunter