PDA

View Full Version : Hooping With My Little Brother....SPLASH!!

GBF
02-22-2006, 11:28 AM
I started a small company back in November and I have been buried getting New Home Loans, Home Equity Lines of Credit and Refinancing my friends and neighbors so I decided to take a brake and take my little brother Hooping.

Darnell is in love with my FND and is game for almost anything so I gave him a checklist of stuff to buy and he got all his gear and met me at my house to go over some a few things and to tweak his gear. We had been out fishing two times before but this was his first hooping trip. We met at the beach and after getting on the water it was obvious he was having a ball. After watching me set my nets, he set his and we waited. He really liked the peace and quite the ocean provides on a clear calm night. Beautiful conditions for a new hooper.

After about 20 minutes he followed me around to get a feel for the in’s and out’s of pulling traps. I got a few shorts and we took some pictures. My next pull produces a LARGE spider crab and I waited for him to come over to get a look. I look up and see him paddling towards me; I look down at the spider crab and SPLASH!!……………..I look up and for a brief second there water flying everywhere and I see him pop up in the other side of his kayak. For a second I though something grabbed him and snatched hip out of his seat.
(Side note………..Hey D…..I was about to jump in after you dog…………..I got your back…………….Yea Right!)

Anyway, I just wanted him to pull his first lobster and on his third set of the evening, he pulled a nice bug that was about 1/8 of and inch short. The look on his face was priceless. To celebrate he announced that he would stand up in his kayak. Feet were down but he was still holding on with his hands then SPLASH!!…………I just turned around and paddled away in embarrassment. SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME….HOW DO YOU FLIP A FND ON WATER WHEN THE CONDITIONS ARE LIKE A LAKE!!!…… Now I know how that little cat felt when that small kangaroo kicked Silvester’s (The Cartoon Cat) butt!!…. FOR SHAME!!…..

Final count
Several shorts (One short lobster for Darnell)
3 Sculpin
1 Very Large Spider Crab
A plethora of small rock crabs
One octopus

OK, Let’s see…………..
Gas to the OC….…..$20.00
New Dive Gloves $28.00

A camera for pictures
That got wet $11.00

Seeing your little brother flip his FND……yes a FND NOT ONCE BUT TWICE!! Only to watch him hold up his first hoop caught lobster……………PRICELESS!!

T-Rex
02-23-2006, 09:33 AM
Great story! :lol: I hope your brother was wearing a wetsuit....It's been pretty chilly the last few nights.

rippin lips
02-23-2006, 12:19 PM
WooHoo! i didnt know it was possible to flip an FND. first for everything huh?

Ryan The Sealion
02-23-2006, 02:28 PM
damn dude I've rode a F&D in sidewayz in 3+ ft. surf and it would not flip..thats crazy..is he a big dude..?

Blair
02-23-2006, 04:23 PM
Good one Lenard.

and I have seen someone flip their FnD before matter of fact same guy did it twice on the same day in the Long Beach area. Up until then i did not think it was possible. I can even still remember that it was a green FnD.

johntaps
10-31-2011, 06:11 AM
nice story and teaches something new :)

Iceman
10-31-2011, 08:14 AM
Lenard that story will be told over and over.........I am sure :D:D:D

wiredantz
10-31-2011, 09:05 AM
that too funny...

That is one reason i do not stand on my yak

T Bone
10-31-2011, 02:04 PM
I get edgy trying to get stuff out of the front hatch...

Good job on the almoster..

next time eat the spider crab,they are pretty good eats when they get bigger.

mbaha
10-31-2011, 03:13 PM
Lenard that story will be told over and over.........I am sure :D:D:D

Or has been over the past FIVE years