PDA

View Full Version : LJ 9/5 Morning

LipYanker
09-05-2009, 06:46 PM
At the launch with my "4X4" at 5am, couple other guys riggin up. Moon was pretty bright til the clouds rolled in. OTW at 530, water temp about 75. Headed to the pier to make bait. Found a few bait balls, lots of surface action. I was catching Greenies on the sabiki that were big enough to peel some line off my bass rod. Finished up with about a dozen good sized baits and headed to the the kelp. Flyline a greenie and within 30 seconds i'm hooked up but not what I was looking for, nice Calico though. Second cast, same thing right off the bat the clicker starts singin, this one wasnt hooked up well though and got off. After that 7 hours and not a bite. You should have seen the beach though, jam packed with rentals. Talked to a guy who was out on his hobie with his fishin partner (wife?) Said he had about the same, lots of calico but nothing else.

Be back out on Tuesday to see if I can hang a big'un. Cuyamaca on Monday with the Girlfriend, got a new trout rod to try out!..

CurtyL
09-05-2009, 07:35 PM
same here - the moon was awesome. I thought it would be my day finally was on at 5AM. I boated a calico that was a monster outside the kelp on the corner. so big I thought about keeping and weighing him in. but let him go thinking the YT bite had to be on and soaked another spanish. it was not. not YT anyway. not much boat traffic - mostly yakkers. no reports on the radio but I guess guys are killing it outside. lots of encouraging chatter. great waves later in the afternoon though. If you like body surfing wind and sea is the place to be.