PDA

View Full Version : Moyer Tourney Report

FISHIONADO
09-12-2009, 07:18 PM
No game fish were harmed in the making of this story. Unfortunately.

Thanks to all who put the tourney together, Moyer's people, Sammon's people, OEX people, etc.

Launched around 5:45am after the crowd dispersed. It was great seeing so many old friends on the beach and water. Got my three baits from the EB guys, thanks! I paddled out past the reserve and dropped one to the bottom. Kept an eye out for bait on my way to my spot, picked up two spanish macks on the way. My first bait got hit with a screaming clicker and then spit out. Came up with big bite marks. Worked that area with a couple more baits for the next hour, then moved further out. The tide was ripping south with a slight south wind. I let it take me south of Windansea and then paddled over the kelp and got near-shore to get out of the current. Worked the rest of my baits back to Anchor Rock and then paddled in.

Sorry I missed the BBQ and awards, I got sidetracked with kids and neighbors, all good stuff.

Who won?

Dennis
09-13-2009, 07:58 AM
SHERM! Big time congrats on the win.. It would have been nice to see you at the bbq, Dave. Tobey made it to the bbq for a little bit. I haven't seen that guy in a long time. It was another fun event.