PDA

View Full Version : 2 C&BO Big Hammerhead Sept 12

wade
09-13-2009, 02:05 AM
so worked up cant sleep after being chased around today..
went out with a buddy Dave 2 same spot as mako hook up. D got a hold of nice Bonito on his lighter spin set up, and almost landed it, when a thieving Hammerhead came screaming around us and demolishes it..He gets hooked for a brief second and breaks off..he keeps circling us ..right next to us..I quickly lob a live fat one out back & within 30 seconds, he screams again behind me & takes a 50 yard dash with my mac..broke off after a couple minute tow..(*Bringing heavy duty leader next time...*)

:reeling::linesnap:

:reeling::linesnap:.........

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9645/50717078.jpg

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8367/hh3l.jpg (http://img6.imageshack.us/i/hh3l.jpg/)

kurt
09-13-2009, 05:48 AM
I saw one yesterday as well. Wonder if it was the same one. Were you south of the NW corner? The one I saw was about 6 ft. Pretty cool.

Sherm
09-13-2009, 08:22 AM
Saw a big one in that area Wednesday.

Grego
09-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Yesterday at the tourney a 5 foot Blue bumped my yak pretty hard right behind my seat....woke me up! I then saw it circle about a 5 feet below the surface and then circle again below my kayak...it then came about 1 foot below surface and within 3 feet of me just staring at me...it pissed me off that he was taunting me like that, so I jabbed it hard into the head/eye area with my paddle and it took off. I won a Accurate Boss Magnum 870 E-series reel from the raffle.

EDIT: I have to correct myself....it was definitely a Mako, I just googled some images of a blue because I thought they had longer noses..sure as heck they do and this one looked like the one in the video posted earlier. I'm no shark expert.

peguinpower
09-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Yesterday at the tourney a 5 foot Blue bumped my yak pretty hard right behind my seat....woke me up! I then saw it circle about a 5 feet below the surface and then circle again below my kayak...it then came about 1 foot below surface and within 3 feet of me just staring at me...it pissed me off that he was taunting me like that, so I jabbed it hard into the head/eye area with my paddle and it took off. I won a Accurate Boss Magnum 870 E-series reel from the raffle.

EDIT: I have to correct myself....it was definitely a Mako, I just googled some images of a blue because I thought they had longer noses..sure as heck they do and this one looked like the one in the video posted earlier. I'm no shark expert.

check for scratches. he may have taken a taste :)

emrliquidlife
09-13-2009, 09:13 PM

LMAO. Sleeping again?

Sheet, I don't know that I would have had that reaction.

Ed