PDA

View Full Version : could kayack fisherman

SESSAGAFF
09-14-2009, 10:49 AM
use a trailer to tow behind them to use as a bait tank or to hold your catch me and my uncle were talking about this on friday hit me up on here with your thoughts maybe a titanium box with a lid and a pontoon style bottom to keep it up above the water so please throw me your thoughts

Vikingj
09-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Why I would not like to tow a bait tank: *creates considerable drag= less speed and more effort. *there is a moderate risk of tangling with fish line and (esp in surf) a unseated kayaker. If you don't want an on board bait tank, use a bait tube- extremely simple, cheap, and minimum drag.

KennyHill
09-14-2009, 12:33 PM
somthing like this? It didnt get the best review. But to each there own.
http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/kayak-fishing/148619-kayak-bait-reciever.html

JrBasser
09-14-2009, 08:45 PM
kayack fisherman might be more open to your ideas if you could spell kayak.

emrliquidlife
09-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Thanks for bringing in your ideas. I like that this board allows a company to interact with the users.

Drag when paddling is an issue. It slows us down and creates more work to get on the spot. However, were I to have the abilit to easily get it out of the water, and back on yak while paddling, that would be nice.

I do use a bait tube, but when I get my bait at the barge, I first put it into a floating bait bucket. Then it goes into my bait tube.