PDA

View Full Version : Tidelands 9/28

ship 4 brains
09-28-2009, 01:19 PM
I played hookie for a few hours this morning and took the inflatable out in the bay. 8:00 AM and it was glassy smooth, and not a single person on the water. I finally ran in to a few yakers at about 10:30. Not very much tide or water moving, but I hooked 6 fairly chunky spotties and 2 smaller spotties in about 2 hours. I was dropshotting with a chartreuse gulp mullet. Not a bad way to spend a few hours on the water.

Jim Sammons LJKF
09-29-2009, 02:18 PM
We got fish too but certainly not the best day out there. The wind really screwed up the minimal drift we had going

ship 4 brains
09-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Jim - I saw your hat from across the bay and knew it was you. I went out with you two summers ago and you taught me how to dropshot @ Tidelands. I have a boat in the Marriott Marina, just across the bay from Tidelands Park. I am very lucky to be able to zip across the bay in the dinghy to fish for even an hour. Although, nothing beats fishing from the kayak, I'll take the dinghy over the office any day.

B Slate
09-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Hey Jeff, great weather, uncrowded and eight bass in two hours. Sounds like a pretty good bay session to me. Glad to see you getting out fishing.