PDA

View Full Version : Lobster opener

JoeBeck
10-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Went out for the opener lobster hooping last night. Dropped the 1st traps at 12:30 and was out on the water until sunrise. Nice currents out there last night at times maybe to fast in the spots we were and a full moon. Only a few shorts for us. We did get checked by fish and game once on the water and once coming off so make sure your gear is in order. Also they checked to ensure the logs were filled out with location, kind of hoop and all our general info while on the water and that we finished them with the final count 0 off the water. Read the regulations if you are going out tonight I have a feeling they will be out in force once again. No problems for us.

- Joe

fishinkid2010
10-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up... Where did hoop at?
I bought my harvest card today and I'm headed out tomorrow. I'm going to try free diving for them and use my kayak to get me further out on the MB jetty.

Whizz Bang
10-04-2009, 09:58 AM
I went out Sat night, hit up LJ early afternoon caught a bunch of extra macs for lobster bait, fished for yellowtail (no love, only a bonito....also lobster bait) till dark, came back in and nearly yardsaled, re-rigged for lobster and went back out in around the kelp. Worked my new promar ambush pots till about 1130, caught 2 legals and about 30 shorts. I Paddled back in and DID yardsale. I chased down my gear and was pleased to see that the bugs were still with me. Not bad for my first attempt off the yak.

Matt
10-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Bugs=GOOD yardsale=BAD....Thanks for the report heading out tonight in the skiff and gonna try to use the :lobster:icon for some good!

JoeBeck
10-04-2009, 11:31 AM
I was hooping at SD bay, thought I put it in the title. Whizz Bang good to hear you got your gear and 2 legals back :cheers1:.