PDA

View Full Version : La jolla 10-08-09

Three3Divine
10-08-2009, 06:52 PM
launched just after 7 this morning water calm and glassy little ankle slapper waves perfect launch, peddle over towards the peir to make bait chum then to the top made bait pretty easy took about 30 mins had 10 greenies or so in the tank so I start the troll out the the spot saw josh guilding a customer around so I figuared I would chat with him another day on my way out to the spot saw some birds working the surface lots of dolphins stuff like that then all of a sudden line starts singing me that lovely tune we all like to hear wait 4 seconds or so set the hook and the fight is on and short lived I lost tention with him and he got off probably a larger bonito or cuda by looking at the teeth marks on the fish so I pin another on and keep going I get raked 2 or 3 more times and then as im on my way peddling to the peir on my way back the song comes on again this time hes not getting on that easily I set the hook and bam hes on get him the the surface good size bonita in the 15 pound range pretty good fight but dont really like the taste of bonito so I let him go made my way back over by the peir to check things out bait got a little excited a few times but no love saw a few nice paddys too but no one was home all and all though a great day on the water very few boats maybe 2 or 3 that I saw pretty much had the place to my self it also felt good to get a fish on the new yak anyway good luck to anyone going out tommorrow should be a pretty good day

three3divine

deepdvr
10-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the report!!! I'm going to try my luck out there tomorrow.

dos ballenas
10-08-2009, 09:38 PM
thanks for the report! A 15 lb bonita would be pretty big! Nice work... how many have you tried to eat? They are actually pretty good fresh... I did a cook off with bonita and yellowtail... bonita won! HAnds down! Ice em and they are great!

Beautiful night tonight!:lobster:

sterling
10-08-2009, 09:53 PM
A 15 lb Bonita is simply a slug. I wieghed my largest boney (15 lbs) thought it was closer to 20 or higher, was only 15 looked like an Albie was so big.

dick fabulous
10-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Boners simply rock, I mean the big ones of coarse. Troll 'em up :jig::reel: , just you and your tug . And please don't :linesnap: :farmer: . Do burn dragwashers though. Strong, light tackle :cheers1: :sifone: :cheers1:.

Quilted Germ
10-09-2009, 07:01 AM
What was the water temp out there yesterday? Just curious.....

dos ballenas
10-09-2009, 07:27 AM

bigbarrels
10-09-2009, 08:47 AM
sound s like a good day on the water:)