PDA

View Full Version : Bay bugs last night with a newbie

Sherm
10-09-2009, 01:50 PM
A client/friend of mine has been wanting to try the yak hoopin thing. Our plan was to go Saturday night and do the long paddle to some spots I know. Well.....we both couldn't wait and decided to hit the big bay after work. We launched at around 7pm and set our first hoops around 7:30. Dave is a quick learner (eventhough he forgot the beer) and he took to hoopin pretty quick.

Great night on the water with no wind and little traffic. The sea lions found us around 9pm and made it a little harder to get the bugs. Started running low on bait around 10:30 and called it a night. Lot's of bugs last night with a bunch being just short (clickers). I did manage four legals and Dave popped his cherry with two keepers. I used four nets and got four legals. Dave used two nets and got two legals. Dave is on his way to buy more hoops and tie a string around his finger not to forget the beer this time.

Beautiful night last night. Great cigarhttp://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/images/smilies/smoking33.gif lighting weather with the stillness.

I think Dave may be hooked on this yak hoopin thing. We'll see around January if he's still so hot to go.

fishinkid2010
10-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Nice job on the bugs!
Now I want to get out there even more.