PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone fishing La Jolla?

troutboy
10-28-2009, 11:35 PM
I want to get out on the water, has anyone landed bonito in La Lolla this week?

kurtfish
10-29-2009, 03:43 PM
I caught a couple nice ones on Sunday and the wind is backing off again this evening so I hope to get out again on Friday afternoon. Not much bait at the peir. Did locate enough to fill my quota off La V.

Get out there and enjoy The Jewel beofre it is turned into a museum for the seals. Assemblymemeber Nathan Fletcher is hosting a "Coummunity Coffee" meeting at the LJ Rec Center this evening at 6pm. I am staying at my office late today to give him a piece of my mind on his support of the seal colony and keeping folks out of Children's Pool. We must continue to refer to what they are trying to now call Casa Pool as Children's Pool. We can't give up this beach as I believe LJ Cove may be next if give up on such a significant man made beach that already has a designated rock for the shark bait to pup and poop on.

Take Care Kurt H

dsafety
10-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Good for you, Kurt. I did not know about this meeting and am too far away to show my support of your opinions regarding the CP. Give him hell for me.

I doubt you need any talking points but here are a couple of my favorites.

The CP was set aside in the Scripps trust for use by the kids FOREVER. This does not mean until the politicians get heat from some vocal lobby. The City needs to show some backbone.

We all know that the main motivation for the decision to let the seals stay was financial. The cost of the mandated cleanup and defending against special interests lawsuits is something the City wants to avoid. They took the easy way out on this one. Obviously denying use by humans of one of the most beautiful beaches in California does not represent the best interests of the public.

I wish I could be there by your side.

Bob

kurtfish
11-02-2009, 09:50 AM
We certainly had a good showing of human use supporters with many swimmers, Spearfisher Larry Isakawa with a great map outlining the various access points south of Windensea related to the MLPA Map 3 closure issues, and Billy V presented some very good information to Assemblyman Fletcher on the MLPA process and provided a good update.

Nathan Fletcher is a surfer, triathelete, Gulf War Marine Vet, Family Man and I told him I hope to see his name on the ballot for Governor one day. Very impressive and passionate young man who was pursuaded by our City Attorney and Major to co-sponsor a bill to give the City Council the ability to decide the Children's Pool issue. Mr. Fletcher was convinced that letting the CC decide would curtail further legal challenges and save the City millions. As a fiscal conservative he took that one sded and self serving presentaion as factual and proceeded to get the bill passed.

We informed Mr. Fletcher that the lawsuits will not stop if the CC rules infavor of the seals against the rulings of the State Supreme Court to uphold Judge Hoffman's decision to have the City of SD restore the CP to its historic condition. Hopefully, Mr. Fletcher will take the time to reconsider his stance on this issue and work to let the court rulings give this beach back to human use. I sent a Mr. Fletcher an e-mail suggesting he take the time to meet with the Pres of the LJ COve Swim club and attorney Paul Kennerson.

I believe the issue is now in our City Council's hands we need to work with that body to get the information out and stress the importance of this human access point.

PS. Bonita are thick in LJ tough to make Macs. Yellows are still around but irons seem to be the ticket currently.