PDA

View Full Version : Dinkfest at the Cbad lagoon

deepdvr
12-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Had to test out my transducer re-install, so I took it for a spin this afternoon. Luckily the finder works again....for now.

First cast with the 3" swimbait, spottie. A couple of casts later, another and then a tiny calico. The action was very steady. I switched up to the 6" fluke on the dropshot and it slowed down but the quality increased. All told, I landed 8 spotties and 1 calico in a little over an hour of fishing. I farmed a ton. They were all pretty small but it was very satisfying after so many skunkfests at the Jewel lately. No flatties today but it was very nice to be on the water completely by myself.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo163/ericedb/cbadlagoon_spottie_12_09.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo163/ericedb/cbadlagoon_calico_12_09.jpg

dsafety
12-10-2009, 06:24 PM
I am curious. Where do you fish. From the photo it looks like you are in the part of the lagoon between the RR tracks and the freeway. Is that correct?

Where do you launch when you fish that lagoon?

Bob

deepdvr
12-10-2009, 06:42 PM
The best launch spot is from the sandy beach on the east end of the lagoon. You park at the end of bayshore dr off of park dr. The photo was actually east of the 5. The best fishing is from the railroad tracks to that area. The lagoon basically sucks when you compare it to SD bay but when the tide is moving you can usually scratch out some fish. I'm only a couple of miles away so its super convenient.

NextBite
12-10-2009, 08:07 PM
nice spotty! ;)

thanks for the report :)

taggermike
12-11-2009, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the report. That is a cool place to fish. I used to enjoy fishing there while thousands of commuters huried by on the 5. There are some bigger fish in that lagoon but mostly it is a nursery area and think with smaller bass. Mike

Bryantfish
12-11-2009, 03:39 PM
that looks like fun. where u launching the yak from? that could be a fun easy trip to fish some time next year.:(

Tman
12-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Used to be good on the incoming tide when you could fish E of the freeway overpass with plastics. We used to catch small WSB, escapees from the hatchery I guess.

Back of the lagoon holds some big bats, great place to start the young ones on a kayak.

Same lagoon Clay caught and released 2 halis and 1 WSB in one day.

And that's all the secrets I can share...:sifone:

steveooo
12-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Nice report:cheers1:
No shame in bass fishing every once in a while...:leaving: