PDA

View Full Version : THE BITE HAS BEEN ON LONGER THAN YOU THINK

mmiller36
12-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Thursday Dec 10th - 40+ lb white seabass. (greenback mac)

Sunday Dec 13th - 30+ lb Yeller. (scrambled egg butterfly iron)

farmed 3 more to lobster traps.

the weather was not great that week with three storm fronts rolling through but I am still amazed that I was one of the ONLY people out there all week. best fishing I have ever seen out there. had it all to myself.

I would've posted something earlier but I am a greedy bastard child.

the bite is done for now. sorry charlie!

Iceman
12-24-2009, 01:57 PM
Merry Christmas!:wsb::yt::you_rock:

BTW your father called, you are not a bastard!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN4886qdHz0

Matt
12-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Good'un Andy! And nice fish

mmiller36
12-24-2009, 03:55 PM
like father like son

Thursday Dec 10th - 40+ lb white seabass. (greenback mac)

Sunday Dec 13th - 30+ lb Yeller. (scrambled egg butterfly iron)

farmed 3 more to lobster traps.

the weather was not great that week with three storm fronts rolling through but I am still amazed that I was one of the ONLY people out there all week. best fishing I have ever seen out there. had it all to myself.

I would've posted something earlier but I am a greedy bastard child.

the bite is done for now. sorry charlie!

dorado50
12-24-2009, 03:56 PM
LMAO...........and nice fish too.

Dan
12-24-2009, 09:05 PM
those are fine fish.....i'd gladly trade the suicidal fish and crowds of now for the pick pick and no one out of earlier this month.

NextBite
12-24-2009, 09:23 PM
nice job WTG!

THE DARKHORSE
12-25-2009, 01:11 PM
That was just fishing La Jolla by yourself. Nice fish!

It might have been your skill, or luck, probably a combination of both:cheers1:.

From the photos, it looks like some good fishing was going on in the afternoon. More evidence of not being THE BITE. Just an opportunity to fish an amazing place, by yourself. THE BITE, is when you can't get your iron to the bottom...and you can set your watch by it.

This time of year any post of a large fish will scare the guys, guys who only get off their a$$ for, THE BITE, into going out. The fear of missing out, hearing 'oh you should have been here', is the only thing that motivates some people. A litte sad if you ask me.

I, for one, appreciate the late post, though. And thanks for leaving the light on for me.

dorado50
12-25-2009, 05:07 PM
The Darkhorse.... does tell it like it is...... just say'in.

mmiller36
12-25-2009, 06:32 PM
JP. I respect your opinion and have been educating myself reading your well written posts for years. thank you.

but you are mistaken. monday was not the only "BITE". 2nd week of december. swarms of candy ON THE SURFACE just outside the launch....seals barfing them up. marks on the FF that were NOT macs. schools of yellows of the FF that are obvious. I would have caught more if I was a better fisherman and if there were less lobster traps.

the only person to venture out that week during the fronts was a fireman bragging about how he only has to work ten days a month and can fish the rest of the month. A 15 minute rain squall soaked him and he went back to his warm couch to watch the pitifull Chargers. never saw him again. gaffed a yellow 15 minutes later. go Eagles!

just because you were sidelined with the "sniffles" for a week doesn't mean I didn't put myself on a solo "BITE" (OR 2).

:doh:

with respect.

matt

That was just fishing La Jolla by yourself. Nice fish!

It might have been your skill, or luck, probably a combination of both:cheers1:.

From the photos, it looks like some good fishing was going on in the afternoon. More evidence of not being THE BITE. Just an opportunity to fish an amazing place, by yourself. THE BITE, is when you can't get your iron to the bottom...and you can set your watch by it.

This time of year any post of a large fish will scare the guys, guys who only get off their a$$ for, THE BITE, into going out. The fear of missing out, hearing 'oh you should have been here', is the only thing that motivates some people. A litte sad if you ask me.

I, for one, appreciate the late post, though. And thanks for leaving the light on for me.

mmiller36
12-25-2009, 06:33 PM
:)

The Darkhorse.... does tell it like it is...... just say'in.

deepdvr
12-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Matt....you're the best, just ask yourself.

Whizz Bang
12-25-2009, 08:29 PM
I am impressed. Very impressed. I dont know what is more impressive, that you were the only one to witness the bite, that you only chose to harvest two, that you chose to fish with a greenback and iron when there was squid for the taking, that you have been a registered member of this site since feb 08 and are only just now choosing to post (how many awe inspiring days have you withheld from us)......so many things to be impressed by. So very impressed. Nice fish.

Dean Machine
12-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Nice job on the feesh!

-scallywag-
12-26-2009, 07:38 AM
WOW, This should get interesting!!!...popcorns in the micro, beers in the fridge, help your self guys!!!

Millar....i'm sure u were not the only guy out there on that sunday, i saw you launch ur burban off that 3ft dropoff infront of the storm drain, classic!.....although i don't recall seeing a YT on ur yak....I checked:rolleyes:

Afran
12-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Nice catches Matt.
Keep up the solid hook ups.

FISHIONADO
12-26-2009, 05:06 PM
What is "YMWAB"?

yaky yak
12-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Yeah, the bite is over. Christmas 12-25 am

Whizz Bang
12-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Killer pic of the Thresher, definitely frame worthy.

j mo
12-26-2009, 05:58 PM
waaaaaaaaa wah....

nice fish -yak

Zed
12-27-2009, 07:36 AM
Longer than I think?
I think it's been going on for years, decades, centuries, millennia, eons.
Way to be.