PDA

View Full Version : Lj 12-25 Christmas presents

yaky yak
12-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Call me scroog, but i desided to spend the day fishing on christmas. I was a little suprised to see other yaker out there also along with several pb's. I went out to investagate what was going on out there. I made several drops with a blue and white 6x Jr then bam, I was on. The first run was unbeleavable. My kayak was leaving a wake as the sleigh ride commenced. I couldn't stop thinking that i should of retied that knot on my leader. After an hour or so the fish is stuck 20 ft under my kayak, and I still haven't seen him. I put as much pressure as i dare and horse him up. I got a little nervous when 4ft of tail came up and still no body(It was tail hooked). This is my first T shark and the biggest thing I've ever hooked and I have no idea what to do. So I hail a passing boat and it comes to give me a hand. The crew of the "gut barge" was vary helpfull, and with their help I put a est.110#+t(8ft) on deck of my prowler. They took photos but I haven't received them yet. Half way in the fish rolls off and I can't get him back on. Its like an anchor now. I'm regreting not releaseing it. I haul my kayak on a kia rio. I don't think it'll even fit in my car. Where am I going to clean it? Ok I know I f___ up. I again hail a PBer and offer the shark to him and he takes it. None of the boats at "the spot" are doing sqat, so I go hunting futher out looking for life. I see some birds working an area so i paddle out, but of course their gone when I get there but I see some bait down 190 ft and drop the 6x. ON! I can fill the head shakes. Its the right kind. My arms were still cramping from the shark, but I soon had a nice fat yellow on deck. Last New Years I got a yellow, now X-mas. Thank you Santa.

Whizz Bang
12-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Nice fish, sorry about the Thresher.

NextBite
12-25-2009, 11:38 PM
nice job!

WTG!

deepdvr
12-26-2009, 05:17 AM
Wow! much more exciting than my Xmas.

Iceman
12-26-2009, 07:33 AM
Crazy Horse tradin' upgrade :D Helluva Christmas day!

lamb
12-26-2009, 02:05 PM
That is very cool :cheers1:
You double scored... and I'm pretty sure you're about the only one who scored yesterday. :D

Big time congrats! :cheers1:

premo
12-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Thanks for christmas present Wade.

yaky yak
12-26-2009, 05:58 PM
shark photos(thanks gut barge)

Fiskadoro
12-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Now there's a trip you won't forget soon!!!

Nice T and a nice Yellow... Congrats on that one!

Jim

fishinkid2010
12-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Nice going, my buddy got a T shark this evening too. (we were on his boat though)
Released it, but I wanted to keep it haha

dorado50
12-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Gotta like the flying gaff...:eek:

yaky yak
12-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Yeah, maybe the flying gaff was over kill, but when I was out there all by my self that shark looked twice as big, and it did make things easyer. Just for the record, I'll never intenenally kill anather thresher. And again thank you crew of the gut barge. It an expereance I'll never forget.

THE DARKHORSE
12-27-2009, 12:50 PM
The good ol' crash your car and start catching more fish than ever before trick. The hunk of metal sacrafice seems to be paying off quite well.

Another nice fish, Wade.:cheers1:

fishing md
12-27-2009, 03:35 PM
good job i will try to do that next cristmas :cheers1: