Date: Saturday Jan 16th, approx 5:30 pm
Weigh in times TBD
More information here:

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=6557

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwegallery/data/500/koi_pond.jpg

Sherm's casa...Pal will be the Judge...

Sherm
01-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to have to put up a screen across the pond this Saturday night. All these fisherman coming to my house and all.

Seriously.....the party for PAL will be a good time to be had by everyone. As most of you know, Paul Lebowits (PAL) our friendly Western Outdoor News reporter, was a stakeholder in the MLPA process. Paul was at every meeting fighting for our rights to fish our oceans. We all owe him a debt of grattitude for his time and effort. To that end.........we are having a party at my home this Saturday night (the 16th) to say thank you to Paul. We are going to be eating and drinking and donating a little coin to the cause to get something nice for Paul and the Mrs.

It would be nice to see everyone there. The BBQ, fire pit and Palapa bar will be open for business. (The koi pond will not) If you can't make it the OEX shops will take a donation to the cause.

Thanks again everyone.

Sherm

List of attendees and food below:

1. T-man and Clay (potato salad and sour candy
2. Sherm (maybe lobster for the grill)
3. Fishianado
4. Matt (cookies and beer)
5. Lamb (whatever he catches that moring)
6. dgax65 (mexican food of some variety)
7. Spyder
8. Brent
9. CJ
10. Brian (OEX is donating a hundred bucks towards the cause) you guys rock!!!!!!
11. Yani (i'm sure it will be something awesome)
12. Habanero (wings)
13. C. Cary (Beer, dip)
14. Billy V. (london broil)
15. Destroyer (Cheddar Cheese, Ballast Point YT, Marlin Porter marinated Bratwurst) :drool5::cheers1::cheers1:
16. Darkhorse
17. Oolie
18. Computerguy (margaritas)
19 Swininfish
20. ????????????????

T Bone
01-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Nice pond.The orange/white at the bottom looks like a butterfly.

Sherm
01-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Nice pond.The orange/white at the bottom looks like a butterfly.

It's a butterfly Koi. It's bigger now. That's an old picture.

Peter
01-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Sorry I won't be able to give Paul the kudos he deserves in person. As a less active member of the community I might feel a little out of my depth at the party, but I do want to send my appreciation, not only for the work he did in the MLPA process here in our local waters, but also for his continuing journalism documenting the Kayak fishing thing.

I've met Paul at a couple of tournaments, and he is a stand up guy and a great representative for our community. Thanks for all of that.

PS - GO CHARGERS!

DESTROYER
01-15-2010, 06:14 PM
I get to kick Oolie in the Balls first:the_finger:

kurt
01-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Have fun guys, and thank Paul for me!