PDA

View Full Version : Any action in LJ?

dsafety
01-28-2010, 04:54 PM
I am thinking about hitting LJ Friday or Saturday. It should be a full moon which could be good or bad.

Anyone been out lately? If so, please post a report.

Bob

-scallywag-
01-28-2010, 05:40 PM
You know when the board is this quiet that it's WFO in LJ!!!:biggrinjester:

Go out tomorrow mornin and let us know how you do.

I'll probably fish the PM shift and watch the moon rise. I'll post a report if I don't catch anything good. :p

See y'all this weekend, looks like it'll be nice out there except for the 8-10' wnw swell thats comin....:sifone:

dmrides
01-28-2010, 05:55 PM
I was out on Tuesday afternoon. I wish I could say it was WFO and I have just been waiting 'til the bite was over to tell you all about it. But that is just not the case, or maybe it was WFO and I was just in the wrong spot. There was some bait scattered around the edges of the kelp. I had a bait slashed by a barracuda, and no love on the iron. Other than that, I just saw lots of fat seals lounging on the surface.

Billy V
01-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Didn't you see the sign... There are no fish left in lj.
Its all about Imperial Beach now.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b9cf01b3127ccef8fc8d03832300000030O00AbMmzFizcN2 IPbz4M/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

gary sullivan
01-29-2010, 05:08 AM
Don't plan on driving onto the beach because a concrete barricade is in place. The recent heavy rain washed out the road leading to the beach and there is only a narrow channel opening to drag your kayak through.

FISHIONADO
01-29-2010, 08:48 AM
This looked like an interesting post until I opened and saw you were talking about fishing. :D

I haven't had much luck during full moon periods but I've caught several nice fish the week after heavy rains. I think it stirs up the nutrients and food chains (and pollution).

wade
01-29-2010, 01:31 PM
this may not be of any real interest for most, but it sure was for me!
I hooked another beautiful, but small Thresher yesterday..
(sorry my damn video went out on me finally, so im S.O.L..)
Two different people out there saw this though..)
Fought her for a short while and brought her yakside for the release.
Although, she is now fashionably pierced with a new Owner ringed Gorilla..

Heres what it would have looked exactly like, had I filmed it..
She came flying straight up and the end of her tail was easily 8'+ clear out of the water.
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6863/breachingthresher.jpg

She hit a Spanish in 90'

been seeing a lot of nice whales just 2-4 miles out...

Then decided to yo-yo in 120' and to my suprise when i dropped and "instantly" cranked back up, I thought I had a small sculpin or ?...
A Iron bug!!????? WTF???...
:jig::lobster:
i have ironed a lot of misc things, but never a bug on a bare iron?..
need to play the lottery I guess with those odds?...

dorado50
01-29-2010, 01:46 PM
I'll post my report from today next week sometime...:p hope this helps...

-scallywag-
02-03-2010, 09:57 AM
hahahaha, nice timing on this post Bob, you probably posted this within an hour of a nice fish being landed....:linesnap: "if I only would've....."

dsafety
02-03-2010, 12:13 PM
hahahaha, nice timing on this post Bob, you probably posted this within an hour of a nice fish being landed....:linesnap: "if I only would've....."

Actually this post originated a week ago. I did not get to go out last weekend but it looks I will have to soon since someone has uttered the "S" word. Will we be needing reserved parking spaces in LJ?

Bob

NextBite
02-03-2010, 03:50 PM
WTG! Wade i love hooking into those small thresher sharks too :sifone: