PDA

View Full Version : 1/30 LJ Report

Mr GreenJeans
01-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Met up with Yani at 6:00 to try our luck one more time. Wish I could say we caught some big ones. Unfortunately, I didn't see or hear of anything being caught. Oh well.

Saw about a dozen yaks on the water, plus a couple of PBers. There was scattered bait here and there, but it never piled up and looked attractive. The only excitement of the day was when some birds started crashing out over deep water. It looked like the real deal, so I hauled a$$ over there to get in on the action. But the birds broke up by the time I got there. Late for the sky again.

Easy launch and landing. The wind chop seemed to be coming from several directions, which made the ride a little bouncy and unsettling. Good thing I don't get sea sick, or I might have been chumming my breakfast.

Good luck if you go out there.

David

fishinkid2010
01-30-2010, 04:19 PM
You'll get them next time! Thanks for the report.
It looked pretty nice out there from above at Torrey Pines GC.

lamb
01-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Beautiful morning at the Jewel.
Fish was not there or...

Masta' said there can never be too much bait... :toetap05:

...but just like your chances to hook one are much bigger when there are 2 things floating on the water soaking line at LJ (Josh and you) versus 100,

the chance of your bait being hit among 2 million other fin baits have got to be going down too...

Vikingj
01-31-2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the report, David. Maybe next time? I'm starting to get the LJ itch again. Hope to see you down there soon.
Wayne