PDA

View Full Version : Nice Day on the Water

TCS
02-13-2010, 11:43 AM
I'm so frickin tired of saying 'At least its a nice day on the water' or 'At least I saw a few whales' or 'Its better than working'. These things were all true today, and my last eight or nine times I went out. The problem is, that's what I say when I don't catch anything, and I'm really ready to catch somethin. I know I'm lucky to be able to go, and that the average fishin dude from Nebraska, Indiana or any other snowed-in, landlocked backwater would kill to be able to go out on any one of those sessions. Still...

So the deal today was:
Getting the boat to the beach was a little bit of a pain, but no big deal
No surf at the launch
Nice little offshore tailwind for the paddle out
Bait was so thick even I could find it with my boat sans sonar.
Moonrise for the new moon was at the same time as sunrise, so the planets were aligned.
Stayed out from six to about 11.
All this but there was nary a bite, nibble or tailwhack.
Heard that one guy caught a halibut.
Total fishcount for the day for all the people I talked to: ONE

At least it was a nice day on the water.

dsafety
02-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Sounds like my day on Friday. Same net result at the end of the day but bait was sure easy to catch. The wind waves were steady and up to two feet coming from the northwest after about 11. The peddle in was spooky with lots of small waves breaking over the side of the yak. I stayed out until about 1:00. Now I know why nearly everyone else was on the beach by 10:30.

Live and learn.

Bob

Pescavore1
02-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Sorry to hear about the "nice day on the water". Thanks for the report, though, because the whole day I was painting my fence I was thinking today might be the day.