PDA

View Full Version : Great day in Newport

WahooUSMA
02-13-2010, 07:14 PM
I fished today with Kent and Premo for the 'old faithful' Threshers. It was slow up until 2 pm when Kent caught a nice Sand Bass. Right after that I hooked into a really nice Thresher. Both of us did the old catch, picture and release. All said, it was a great day on the water.

Got to meet Robbie, aka SoCalRobt. Hope we can all fish together soon.

On a pisser of a note. If any one out there knows the Captain of the Amigo - Newport Landing, make sure to tell him that if he ever circles us in his barge again, creating tsunami type wakes, and/or comes within 100ft of me or any of my buds while we are paddling, I am going to kick him in the nuts! What a dick...He damn near sunk us!

Here's a pic of Premo helping me release the Thresher. Thanks guys!

Vikingj
02-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Premo looks like he is having way too much fun! Thanks for sharing.

premo
02-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Be cause I get the tail and Roger has to unhook it. And if any of you know Roger, than you know how big hands he has and they are both left :D

Scuba
02-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Great day indeed!

hey if you don't mind me asking, how exactly did you get that Thresher?

Yesterday, I trolled around a huge DD Yozuri about a mile and half off the coast . . needless to say I didn't catch much. . :confused:

Gino
02-14-2010, 10:40 AM
live mackeral!

Socalrobt
02-14-2010, 12:33 PM
It was nice meeting you Roger. That is a great pic! Way to go. Hope to fish with you soon.

WahooUSMA
02-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Great day indeed!

hey if you don't mind me asking, how exactly did you get that Thresher?

Yesterday, I trolled around a huge DD Yozuri about a mile and half off the coast . . needless to say I didn't catch much. . :confused:

Live Mack's and drift/troll.

RoeBoat
02-15-2010, 09:05 AM
Roger, you failed to mention that you caught that thing with your little Avet. :reel: Bet you won't try that again.

Kent

WahooUSMA
02-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Roger, you failed to mention that you caught that thing with your little Avet. :reel: Bet you won't try that again.

Kent
Yup, that won't happen again!