PDA

View Full Version : hope we get some fish stories tonigt

THE CALI HOOKUP!
02-24-2010, 08:09 AM
If any body went fishing to day post a thread

Nic D
02-24-2010, 08:38 AM
i know one guy from this forum that went today ;)

Dan
02-24-2010, 09:51 AM
at ease...

I fished this morning from 4-8:30. No bendos as far as I could see. Decent amount of bait moving around, good current, saw a T slapping some macs. No signs of squid. maybe something is happening in the afternoon/evening?

:wsb:

lamb
02-24-2010, 10:37 AM
that's a noble request! :playingball:

And a great idea! :D

I heard some guy had his squid prediction receptors all fired up, and the whole armada showed up at LJ. :D

What Dan said - friggen cold. No squid, no nothing other than baby Ts.

CALI HOOKUP you owe us a report now.

Nic D
02-24-2010, 11:07 AM
that's a noble request! :playingball:

And a great idea! :D

I heard some guy had his squid prediction receptors all fired up, and the whole armada showed up at LJ. :D

What Dan said - friggen cold. No squid, no nothing other than baby Ts.

CALI HOOKUP you owe us a report now.

I guess it still beats working, but you probably have to work now :D

swinginFish
02-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Absolutely beautiful out there today - but aside from the expected T-shark action, know of nothing else hitting. Lots of candybar greenbacks in smallish schools all over the place. Water cold, with slight offshore that calmed to nothing at around 8:30. Wind shifted to onshore around 10ish, but remained slight until noon. No significant surf on entry or exit. Note: Impossible to drive onto the beach, so be prepared to haul your stuff.

BTW: Found a phone in bathroom area in early AM. If yours, shoot me a PM w/ description.

Avery

yakrider
02-24-2010, 03:07 PM
sand bass ar WFO in Malibu!!! :reeling: :doh:

Siebler
02-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Spotties were biting in MB too.

DESTROYER
02-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Lunch was busy at the Club today.

Billy V
02-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Lost a big fish to a trap rig malfunction. :(
Hey its part of the game, maybe next time.
----------------------------

Removed a ringed hook from a pelicans neck.:)
-We noticed this pelican had a #2 ringed flyliner hook stuck in the front of his neck. It didn't look good, and I'm sure the bird had problems dealing with it.

Rick dangled a huge live mackerel in his hand to lure him closer as I waited along side with a gloved hand and a pair of pliers.

We missed on the first and second shot, but I grabbed him by his beak on the 3rd attempt.
I carefully removed the hook from his neck without causing anymore trauma.

The bird looked a little surprised, but seem fine afterwards. We fed him the rest of the bait tank and headed back to the barn.

wade
02-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Launced at 2pm landed at 630pm. right outside the middle buoy i got a ton of candybar greenies..when i made it out in 100-150'+ there were thick streams just off the bottom of sardines. go to the spot, drop the jig first time..& 1 crank..& POW! only it's u know who's brother again of course wasting my time during the power-hour...I finally get him up, and the damn hooks are buried all over his huge tail..it took quite some time to remove..but finally got him cleaned up 100% & happy..(For wasting my time, I was hoping for one or two of those left over consolation prizes Scallywag, but he didnt have any extra jewlery to share!) still 2 guys out when i called it quits..Guess i really do need that recipe Yani..;)That Pelican probably got fed double!..I gave him & his buddy a ton of my leftover macs on my way in too..then as i finished loading up my gear the rain started to drizzle..

fishinkid2010
02-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Nice of you guys to chime in. Thanks
I wish the fishing were a bit better and the weather a bit warmer though. :D haha

DOGHOUSE26
02-24-2010, 07:47 PM
There was a squid/light boat off LJ last night from 7-9 or so PM; I don't think anything showed so they left. I couldn't see exactly where in LJ, I was up the line off Del Mar. Didn't see any squid up that way either.

dgax65
02-24-2010, 08:36 PM
The birds were about the only things that I could get to bite. I caught my personal best cormorant. A real trophy. That poor bird got the hook in the beak and the mac was hanging on the line, outside of its mouth. Two pelicans beat the ever-lovin' crap out of it as I tried to get it to the yak. I don't know if they were going for the mac or trying to kill the cormorant. By the time I got him to the yak he was super pissed and wanted to take out his frustration on me. After a few vicious stabs from his beak I got him under control and removed the hook. As soon as I released him the pelicans started after my other bait. Stupid birds.

greenscales
02-24-2010, 10:30 PM
I was out for under 5 hours. Black Sea Bass on my first mac in 90', around 100#. Got the hook back and an easy release-fish decompressed on his own. Had another nice pickup in shallower near the kelp, but the fish wedged my slider in a rock. Finished the day w/a T-Pup. Still tons of life, w/the Sea Lions preferring to feed along side the porpoise over ambushing our baits. I too fed the pelican.

But I forgot, there are no fish in La Jolla. If you don't show up next week to the hearing, then what we consider a tough day now will be the best we can hope for in the future.

Greenscales