PDA

View Full Version : LJ friday

yaky yak
03-19-2010, 11:45 PM
Launched while it was still dark in the morning , and came back in the dark that night. A long day on the water. Nice conditions out there most the day. Lots of bait boiling on these little krills out there. I trolled a mac high and one low for most the day close to the kelp line in hopes of a WSB. I got two calicoes on the iron and had three baits get pick up but didn't stick. Lot of hungry thieving seals out there to keep you on your toes.
Before dark I really hugged the kelp and dropped my liveliest green back down deep with 2oz of weight in my last effort to go home with my first WSB.
When my reel started screaming and the line cut the water like lighten I know it was no WSB. Yep, those pesty T are still there . My kayak started planing thought the water. I had the shark up to my kayak in about 30 min. I wanted a picture before I released him(or her) Emulating what I've seen others do, I reached out and grabbed the tail for the photo shot. This really pissed it off and gave it a second wind. Another 30 min. and it was released
Saw one Nice WSB caught at twilight . Lot of life out there, but sort of slow.

premo
03-20-2010, 06:44 AM
good job Wade.

Nic D
03-20-2010, 07:19 AM
I was blanked, nada, zip, zero.

Im gonna go again monday

fknricter
03-21-2010, 12:20 PM
that second shot is amazing! good job on the water!

fishinkid2010
03-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Nice job on the T shark release!

Lord Matthew34
03-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Cool bendo pic!