PDA

View Full Version : Friday Am Update PP

kurtfish
05-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Surf is now up to 3-4' with some bigger sets and seems to be building. Interval is very tight so my Pro Angler would have quite a bit of trouble plowing thru the surf today. Wind is currently blowing off-shore at 5-10 knots and is projected to build to 15-20 in the pm. Unless you are very good in the surf and have a kayak that goes over the waves instead of thru them you may want to pull out your surfboard or swimfins as I plan to at Boomer this pm.

theluckypig
05-21-2010, 09:58 AM
its great that you post these up-to-the-minute reports. thanks!:you_rock:

The Kid
05-21-2010, 10:04 AM
thanks for the update hope to see yellow surfing :yt::p

bellcon
05-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Landed at midnight last night
Almost pearled the yak
waves were BIG :eek:

Oh and it was dark

deepdvr
05-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Landed at midnight last night
Almost pearled the yak
waves were BIG :eek:

Oh and it was dark

A 60lb :wsb: strapped to the stern offsets the pearling effect

Aaron
05-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Launched at about 7 this morning. Surf was up. Had to time it and still you weren't making it out without busting through at least one or two. Fished until 6 and didn't see much life...until I was loading my car and was watching birds nailing bait just outside the reserve. Story of my last week...a day late, an hour early. If this pattern keeps up, I start showing up at 3 and leaving with the sun. Radio chatter sounded like everyone had a slow day but curious to see if anyone did well post my departure.

Weather was nice. Had to time the return right. Met Leo and had a good chat. Waves are supposed to stay strong through tomorrow and wind is supposed to build. Thus, I'll be playing paintball tomorrow.

h2ofishfo
05-22-2010, 04:25 PM
launched @ 11:30 -4:30 blown out no intervals in the set almost ate shizz in the surf closet ive come in 2yrs no fun but soon as i land i see a bird & porpoise melee about 5:30 inside & outside the reserve