PDA

View Full Version : power supply

nmbrinkman
05-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Once again, I have a question. On Sunday I took out the yak and my fishfnder shutdown on me. When I went to turned it back on it beeped once and then turned off. I am using a fullsize marine battery to power the bait tank and ff (I know it's overkill but I am slowly accumulating upgrades). I reused the battery after using it for six hours on sat morning. I assume that the problem was that I was low on juice, except that the bait tank was still going strong. Any ideas guys?

I did charge the battery and reconnected the fish finder and it works. But we all know that working at home and working on the water are two different things.

ski
05-02-2006, 11:18 AM
What kind of ff? Check your manual in the troubleshooting section. You might find your answer there. My unit gives a couple of beeps and also spells out "low voltage" or something to that effect when the battery reaches a volt that I specify.

Holy Mackerel
05-02-2006, 11:25 AM
I am not sure if it is your battery or FF, but you ought to invest in one of these, much lighter to paddle around than a full size marine battery :shock: ...

http://www.kayakfishinggear.com/catalog/12_volt_rechargeable_battery_3354052.htm

or the charger combo...

http://www.kayakfishinggear.com/catalog/12_volt_battery_and_charger_package_4657019.htm

What kind of FF? I have an a Fish Easy II Eagle Electronics, they have great customer service, you may want to call the manufacturer, they may be able to help you over the phone, or give you a return Auth # to send it back.

Chris

PlasticSkipper
05-02-2006, 11:29 AM
I was charging my 12V 7Ah battery with a car charger and only getting about 50% capacity or about 3 hours on the FF on a full charge. Switched to one of the small chargers designed for the small batteries and now I get 6 hours plus on the FF (color GPS). Fishfinders are designed with a low battery shut off usually between 10 and 11V, so they will shut down before the pump will. The pump will continue to run below 10V but you will notice it start running slower or has less power the lower it gets. Good luck with it.

aguachico
05-02-2006, 03:10 PM
If you are using the same battery for the BT abd the FF... did the BT work? Is so then it's the connection and not the battery. Sometime you need to reseat the head unit, could be a corroded connector. I trying delectric grease on some connectors. MO, from AYS, turned me on to it. I use it in my yak and boat.

nmbrinkman
05-02-2006, 03:45 PM
good advice gents, thanks