PDA

View Full Version : 05/05 AM

madscientist
05-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Wretched morning. Got down there at 5:15 to find a steady onshore blowing. Must have been blowing for a while cause it was pretty chopped up as well. Pounded over to the pier for a six pac of mac, then pounded, cursed, flailed my way through the chop for over an hour to get out where I wanted to be. Didn't have a bait in the water till 7:00am. Birds circling further out but no way i could get out there in time. Nothing doing that I saw. Blah. Off the water around 9:00. Not doing that tomorrow if this wind doesn't lay down.

dmr
05-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Sounds like tough conditions. I was packed up a ready to go, but something came up that need my attention at work early this morning. As I was driving in around 7:00 it looked like it was really blowing. It looks like I didn't miss anything. Hopefully, the winds will be more favorable this weekend.

Holy Mackerel
05-05-2006, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the report, I was thinking last night during the windy conditions, that I may bow out for Saturday morning. If is windy at the launch, I am out!

Dan
05-05-2006, 08:58 AM
Bummer--was hoping for an evening run tonight. Wind came up early in North County, but then quickly glassed off for a quick surf.... 8)

Water quality looked much better than the last few sessions. Nice and clear.

Dennis
05-05-2006, 09:47 AM
I was ready to go this morning, but I woke up and checked the iwind. 10mph w/ 13 gusts @ 0400. Decided not to go... Wind sucks..

Mr_PeaCH
05-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Sure was a wierd morning for sure. Woke to clear blue skies and no wind in Oceanside. Drove my regular route to work and got on the coast highway and as I headed south it got worse and worse. Wind steady onshore, whitecaps, grey and gloom. After Carlsbad it was for shit for sure.

tylerdurden
05-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the report. I will make my Saturday decision early when I wake up

Razorback
05-05-2006, 12:26 PM
DITTO -

HEAVY WIND SUCKS :x

Seemed to take forever to make it just to the point. By then I was ready for orthopeadic shoulder surgery. Hey Brad - I'm suprised that I didn't see you hooked up - dang slump. :P

Good Albacore weather today - overcast , windly and lumpy...... :roll: Shoulda trolled the Zuckers.

Wind did cut in half by the time I landed - 11:00AM.

Hope you boys heading out at slack tide get a better ride.

hooked
05-05-2006, 12:38 PM
makes me feel better about not going out this evening. Although I would rather be there than here at work. Hope it does not go off tonight, or I will be kicking myself.

quietman
05-06-2006, 11:48 AM
MS nailed it...wretched...

I got up at 0400 and made the drive to LJ from DP with high expectations. I took my skiff instead of yakkin' it and knew the minute I got to the harbor mouth it was gonna suck.

Oh well, we hoisted the jolly roger and "ran"...if you can call slogging at 9-13 knotts running to the WSB area and then on to the NW corner, the edge of the canyon, inside, you name it.

I worked hard for several hours for not a bite. I DID get right into the thick of the birds (having a motor is a big help sometimes) Pod of pinnepeds pounding macks.

Did not see or hear of a single hook-up...

Oh well...

nmbrinkman
05-06-2006, 12:49 PM
definetely a bad day on the h2o. Forgot some hardware for the fish finder transducer so I went without the ff. Then had major problems with the bait tank and spent an hour unf*&king it. Once I got fishing, the wind and swell picked up. Still had to give it a try. Although I did catch a spanish mack about 15 inches long. It was friggin enormous.... No action except for a mack missing everything from the gills back (probably a seal) and thats about it. The worst part when I went to get the truck, I found out that I had left my sidemarker lights on when I parked. So of course my battery was dead. Maybe tomorrow Ill hit the Padres game and do a little tailgating.

Tman
05-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Yo Qman...this is a kayak forum.....
Skiffs don't count. Nor do tin cans. :lol: :lol: :lol:

WSB counts must be killin' ya for you to make the drive...

No more posts unless you are in a yak... :roll: