PDA

View Full Version : New Monthly Contest

Useful Idiot
07-31-2005, 12:01 PM
Starting Aug 1 we're going to have a big fish weigh in contest at the Malibu Kayaks store in Point Loma. Big Hammer has been nice enough to offer a prize pack to the winner, with his or her choice of colors. All you gotta do is weigh your fish on the scale we have at the store and you've got a shot for the month. This is for overall biggest fish of the month, no sharks, skates or rays, caught on kayak only. Store hours: 10-6 weekdays, 9-5 weekends. Bring em in!
-Brian

madscientist
07-31-2005, 04:14 PM
Nice idea, but a little tough for us PM guys. My wife will kill me if I stash a big fish in the fridge :D .

aguachico
07-31-2005, 09:32 PM
How does this differ from the "fish of the week" contest already in place? Driving all th way to Point Loma is a bit of a hassle for us that have real jobs. Especially since I plan on catching HUGE fish off the yak during the months of August and September

AC

silverbullet
08-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Bri

If I get one and you guys are still open I'll cruise on by. But the store hours do make it harder for the sunset guys.

Josh and I went went out and got sloshed Sat. PM. I made bait as we were leaving... DAMN. Maybe next time.

- B

Useful Idiot
08-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Just to clarify, this is a different deal than the fish of the week contest put on by BWE. Anybody is welcome to weigh a fish for the contest, regardless of website affiliation, kayak brand loyalty, or barnyard animal preference :wink:

We know it's tough on the PM guys, but figure throwing out one more free contest can't hurt. If ya happen to get out in the morning and the fish gods smile upon you that day, you got a shot at some free swag. Hope to see some bigguns weighed this month, we'll have the leading weight posted in the store.
-Brian

crazed4fishin
08-02-2005, 08:35 PM
are the points like in the bwe tourney
like halis r 2
wsb are 1.5
yellows are 1
or is it pound for pound?

Useful Idiot
08-03-2005, 09:25 AM
Straight pound for pound.

bus kid
04-10-2012, 02:20 PM
What ever happened to this?

jorluivil
04-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Straight pound for pound.

Sounds like a great idea

P 4 P Halibut Division
P 4 P Yellowtail Division
P 4 P WSB Division

FIXED!!!

bus kid
04-10-2012, 02:34 PM
needs a bass division though.

jorluivil
04-10-2012, 02:45 PM
needs a bass division though.

I agree but they have to be at least 6lbs and only the males will count.