PDA

View Full Version : Please Kill the Furbag

Afran
05-18-2006, 10:48 PM
5/18 - PM First off, congrates to the boys who got their tails. Turned out to be a nice evening on the water. Threw the iron for jumbo macs. Baits got killed by the bain of the ocean, mr. knotthead. I got 4 baits ripped by knotthead, I finally pawned him off on a PBer. I felt bad, but I could not handle it anymore. They had their fun with him, trying to hook him. Anyway, a lot of bait. Let's fish.

http://www.abutin.org/images/fishing/images/5_18_macs.jpg
http://www.abutin.org/images/fishing/images/5_18_meter.jpg
http://www.abutin.org/images/fishing/images/5_18_LJ.jpg

MKNOTT
05-19-2006, 03:56 AM
Dont feel bad man, we all have days when all we can do is pawn him off.

Ryan The Sealion
05-19-2006, 08:59 AM
you were lucky to only lose 4 baits! I lost at least 8 and I don't have a bait tank!! :x They were hangin with the skiffs which were on the spot, so I didn't really wanna paddle out any farther..

Afran
05-19-2006, 09:21 AM
Rat Poison?

:!: LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this communication is not necessarily regarding the topic stated above, but a general statement which can be applied to any or all topics on this message board.

aguachico
05-19-2006, 09:31 AM
I heard that before the Clinton protect the furbag act, bait fisherman used to insert poisin capsules into an ass of a mac and feed it to seals that were a problem. Thank god that's illegal now.

Ryan The Sealion
05-19-2006, 09:38 AM
If my gun wasn't registered I'd have already taken out quite a few of those things..apparently that GWS that was hangin around was a vegatarian :x

MKNOTT
05-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Yer killin me Art :lol:

PEMEX
05-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Stick a trap rig on the tail of the macs. After 2 or 3 trebel hooks he will learn a important life lesson, and you don't have to kill them. One snatched my bait right next to my yak right before I went to pick him up. My hand was only 2 feet away from his mouth, it was close.

Ryan The Sealion
05-19-2006, 12:43 PM
After twighlight trips we used to pin a sand bass onto the gaff and dip it halfway into the water...pretty fun with 3 of us holding onto the gaff playing tug a war with a 300+ lb dog :lol:

aguachico
05-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Stick a trap rig on the tail of the macs. After 2 or 3 trebel hooks he will learn a important life lesson

The trap hook has to be well hidden. I has hali fishin witha 5/0 trap hook :roll: and the silver dog kept getting my mac even with a well placed trap hook. :roll:

If you are ever fly lining a deen from a boat, butt hook the deen and the dogs will leave it alone.

madscientist
05-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Dont feel bad man, we all have days when all we can do is pawn him off.

Since he doesn't have a radio, I pretty much know that if Andy is paddling to me it means he either needs a picture or is dropping off a dog. 8)

The big guy knows all about trap hooks and can avoid them like a pro.

Johnp
05-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Being hooked does not seem to discourage them either. I hooked a big knothead last summer cut the line after a sleigh ride and he turned around and ate my other bait. :roll:

cabojohn
05-20-2006, 01:07 AM
Where the heck are Dr Evil's ill tempered bass with laser beams?

I can not confirm nor deny furbags are into 3/0 lip jewelry? Either that or they think plastic LA Sliders with 3/0 hooks in white are furbag candy! :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

amsurferoceanbeach
05-20-2006, 05:44 AM
5/19
Did the am-pm shift. Made bait and went straight out
to deep water. Had a couple of macks taken for a
ride but no hook ups. Then my botton line goes off.
Then the line goes slack. Put on a new bait and the
same thing. Then I see him. (Black Devil) He did not
eat my fly line because I had a second belly hook he
could feel. He gets greedy and takes the bait. I swung
hard trying to get my bait back, but instead I hooked
him. it was so funny he came out of the water like
a big bass trying to throw the hook. He would not let
me get tight on the line. So I turned around and went
away from him. He then would come at my kayak so
I would stop and and he would come out of the water
trying to throw the hook. each time he did this I yanked
on the line trying to pull the hooks. After a few minutes
of this the hooks pulled. Put the last mac back on the
fly and he never touched it. A few minutes later and the
line goes off. Thought I had a wsb, not. It was a 23 inch
toad of a calico. Winds came up and called it a day.
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/521/medium/IMG_2064.JPG