PDA

View Full Version : La Jolla Thieves

PescadorPete
10-24-2010, 11:47 AM
My truck was broken into this morning while I was on the water. Looks like they knew what they were doing so not just a random grab. I know this has happened to others in the past so I don't leave anything of value in it when out fishing. I always take my keys, wallet and cell phone with me in a dry bag. Be aware, especially newcomers to the sport who might not know this has been a problem before.

Billy V
10-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Where was it parked ?

In the parking lot, or on the street.

yakrider
10-24-2010, 01:16 PM
and what time did you park?

Jzo
10-24-2010, 01:30 PM
I hate Thieves! :mad:

lterrero
10-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the heads up! :mad:

roadx
10-24-2010, 03:50 PM
thanks for the heads up.:mad: always worried about leaving the yak alone on the beach while i park, havent had a problem yet but you never know.

THIEVES SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:the_finger:

Fiskadoro
10-24-2010, 04:06 PM
thanks for the heads up.:mad: always worried about leaving the yak alone on the beach while i park, havent had a problem yet but you never know.

THIEVES SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:the_finger:

They are unlikely to take the yak as long as there is no paddle or cart with it.

They can take loose gear sitting on top of the yak.

I fish a lot of places... some less "civilized" then La Jolla.

When I drop the yak I keep my electronics (in a drybag) , rods and paddle with me then walk in with that gear after I've parked and locked up the truck. Maybe it makes no difference but it gives me peace of mind, since I know no-one can lift my rods while I'm parking.

Jim

PescadorPete
10-24-2010, 06:04 PM
It was parked on the street. I was doing a late night run so I parked around midnight. I've always parked on the street. Any sense the lot might be safer? The only hassle is getting the lock repaired - it looks like they used a dent puller on it so it is toast and they bent the door metal. And no fish, to boot...

deepdvr
10-24-2010, 06:18 PM
That blows. I don't think you can park in the lot if you are pulling an all-nighter. I believe its closed from something like midnight to 4AM. Not a cool reward for looking for some :wsb:

wade
10-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Damn.. sorry to hear that Pete...
if u can sit in a plastic sled for hours on end searching the Pacific darkness for ghosts,....
you sure can easily hide in the bushes next weekend across the street from your truck with one of those captive bolt pistols, like in no country for old men, and find the culprits..then you'll have lobster bait for your next two outings..:biggrinjester:

m1k3midg3
10-24-2010, 06:36 PM
well if you are pulling an all nighter and finish at around 6 am the lot will be open by then right? do they tow your car out if u leave it in there?

scoop
10-25-2010, 08:15 AM
Pete, that sucks, glad they didn't get too much, but still a real hassle. Dealing with that when you get off the water is a real buzz kill.

umtduckhead
10-26-2010, 06:21 AM
i hate to hear that.. i cant stand a dang theif..