PDA

View Full Version : 11/11/10 LJ Report

krmaxima
11-12-2010, 01:11 PM
In the water by730 a lot of bait in the water but no luck for me. Whoever was there in the morning congrats on the big big fish. Didnt catch your name but if you here post that pic.

Jzo
11-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Thx for the report.

-scallywag-
11-12-2010, 02:54 PM
:confused:

Thanks for the report but, reporting other people catch? Have some class...

I'm sure they are capable of posting their own report if they so desired.

Do you really want to loose your first trophy to an anchor line?

Now go catch your OWN!!!!!

Aaron&Julie
11-12-2010, 03:12 PM
It kind of would be nice to see an actual photo of a fish caught recently from La Jolla. They've been kind of non-existent lately.

krmaxima
11-12-2010, 03:57 PM
people have been pming me and I dont really understand why people would be sooo fucken pissed. just reporting what I saw but my bads I guess its forbidden!!! wont happen again. Also I was being very general with the report. WOW.

krmaxima
11-12-2010, 04:04 PM
on a side note to whoever it was thanks for sharing some info!!!

blackcloud9
11-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Yeah there are squid boats out here tonight at LJ, and outside PB pier.

Looked like there were still some spearos in the kelp yesterday, and they
don't shoot calicos. So I more than assume there are still plenty of WSB
around if you are into that.

Personally, yesterday I battled N winds, whitecaps, and 6' seas for quite a
few hours and I couldn't even get the rockfish to bite. Loaded up on
macks for some bug bait. You guys with all the secrets :) can have it to
yourselves. Please. This has been a sucky year, huh?

Landed at Big Rock during an 8+' rinse-cycle set for some adrenaline
dessert on a very very slow windy rough day.

Thanks for the report krmaxima, I appreciate it.

ericko
11-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Scallywag,GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE !!!!!!

We all no that there are no fish in LA JOLLA ,thats what many of u post
i will never no cause im happy with the little fish i catch north of u....I dont get it, what did he do to upset u so much?

I dont no why but your comment upset me!

dsafety
11-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Larry & Krmaxima,

Thank you for the reports. Most of us really appreciate hearing what is going on... or not.

To those who choose not to chime in, that is up to you and I respect your right to stay silent. Slamming someone who has not taken the blood oath of secrecy however, is just wrong.

Bob

eekamouse463
11-12-2010, 09:47 PM
IM goin to tell you something " I GOT SKUNKED FOR THE LAST 3-4 WEEKS!!!! even when the candy man was here still no :wsb: no:yt:

krmaxima
11-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Also the big big fish was a Bonito hahaha cant we all just share some info!!! Anyways I hope to see more decent fishing reports here on this site. And Thanks too all who understood.

jorluivil
11-12-2010, 11:09 PM

OUCH!!!!

StinkyMatt
11-13-2010, 05:16 AM
Scallywag, I can't believe how rude it was of you to make the post about his report. The dude did nothing wrong except share his excitement about fishing. He saw another person with a nice catch and was paying him props!

Dude, that is sooo junior high.

driftwood
11-13-2010, 05:53 AM

I think some of you are taking scallywags comment way out of context.
All he saying... Its not cool to post someone else's booty. That always been one of those unwritten rules. I really don't see what the big deal is with Scallywag's Honest comment.

I say post your own fish Dope. thats always been more honorable and fun.

Nic D
11-13-2010, 06:14 AM
I think some of you are taking scallywags comment way out of content.
All he saying... Its not cool to post someone else's booty. That always been one of those unwritten rules. I really don't see what the big deal is with Scallywag's Honest comment.

I say post your own fish Dope. thats always been more honorable and fun.

x2

and in the case that you do bust a nice fish.... suggested protocol is to wait about a week or two or when the bites dies off, then post it. If you had any idea of how many OTKF (other than kayak fisherman) are reading this board, you'd be shocked. Nothing will shut down a bite faster than a "look what I caught today and I saw 5 others guys get one too". Next thing ya know, every private boater and their friend are in LJ.

this is not new info.... its been posted on this site in the past

My suggestion would be to build rapport with a hand full of other guys from this site and share info back and forth.

blackcloud9
11-13-2010, 07:35 AM
If a bite's "on" and nobody is fishing it .... did it happen?

The kayaks at the point outnumbered the boats by only 3 today, for those keeping score. :rolleyes:

Its just hilarious, kayakers keeping it "quiet" from private boaters, private boaters keeping it
quiet from kayakers, commercial guys keeping it quiet from private boaters and kayakers. I still
do not know if anything is even happening as far as a bite. The only thing tipping me off is that you
guys are getting all crazy. Jesus, what is all the fuss about?

Nic D
11-13-2010, 07:42 AM
The kayaks at the point outnumbered the boats by only 3 today, for those keeping score. :rolleyes:

like I said.... go tell a friend :rolleyes:

blackcloud9
11-13-2010, 10:27 AM
kr, just so you know, "following the protocol" means quietly emailing a list
of your kayak buddies and really f'ing up the Point. So, snap out of it.

And how dare you attempt to encroach on THEIR party by making a wildly
general observation "congrats on the big big fish", which I would've
otherwise thought was a BSB or a halibut until scallywag and others spilled
the beans with emotional rants. Plus, there is no way that we want OUR
fish swimming under OTHER PEOPLES kayaks. No way.

Ever seen grown adults act like jr. high kids? Just add :wsb:.
Or :lobster:

krmaxima
11-13-2010, 10:56 AM
LOL!!!

Nic D
11-13-2010, 11:22 AM
kr, just so you know, "following the protocol" means quietly emailing a list
of your kayak buddies and really f'ing up the Point. So, snap out of it.

And how dare you attempt to encroach on THEIR party by making a wildly
general observation "congrats on the big big fish", which I would've
otherwise thought was a BSB or a halibut until scallywag and others spilled
the beans with emotional rants. Plus, there is no way that we want OUR
fish swimming under OTHER PEOPLES kayaks. No way.

Ever seen grown adults act like jr. high kids? Just add :wsb:.
Or :lobster:

I don't know you from Adam but, I never would have thought you to be a douche.... and if you're not, then stop acting as one.

I didn't say anything that hasn't been already said several times on here before.

DESTROYER
11-13-2010, 11:49 AM
:bigear:...Who's got the Popcorn?

You could say I've been around the block a few time on the kayak boards.

This isn't the first and it sure won't be the last time this happens.

Smile and Fish.:)

Today there was 15 kayakers out and 10 PBers on the point and I will tell you that it was not WFO. LJ is the same way it is every year, big fish for those lucky enough to get out and actually catch them. I didn't catch shit today.

This is the year of the squid. There is squid from Mexico all the way up to Point Conception this year. Salty Dawgs who have been fishing for decades have never seen this much squid. I've been out to LJ 3x recently and all I've caught is squid and mackeral.

FYI- LJ is at the end of a Rainbow and there is always a bite and there is always fish if your in the right spot at the right time. Anytime you have a trench next to kelp=Fish.

There are some unwritten Rules. If you want to live by them, great! If you don't, that's up to you.:D

Rule 1: First thing about LJ, don't talk about LJ

Rule 2: Never post someone else's catch or picture unless they ask you to.

Rule 3: See Rule 1

Hope this helps! Tight Lines

Moyer:cheers1:

blackcloud9
11-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Like I said ...

This BWE board used to be useful, and Jim's board before that, and Allen's
Yakfishing board before that - all the way back to about 1998, when I got
my first Scupper Pro and started fishing the La Jolla kelp and sharing
information with other kayakers.

We have always "talked about LJ", so I am not sure where that rule #1
came from, the LJ Guide book?

I didn't realize I plagarized the Jr High thing from StinkyMatt's post, but
man, we are on the same page. High five to whoever you are. (and I know
all of these other guys, mostly)

Through no fault of the BWE team, I'm sure most will agree, this "reports"
board has become essentially worthless. No reponse necessary.

DESTROYER
11-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Larry- The Rules were a JOKE!:biggrinjester:

I've always shared and still get shit from my friends for doing so.

lamb
11-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Guys thanks for the report.

Larry, I wouldn't say these boards are no longer useful. There is still plenty of good info circling around, especially for the new folks. When it comes to fishing reports, I miss "good ol' times" where part of the thrill was to post your trip the same day, to inspire someone going out the next day. And, off course, brag... :cheers1:

Scally has a point - someone else story is just that, their story. It's always been like that.

What I think is silly is when people try to imply what's the "proper" way when it comes to sharing your fishing report. That's a highly personal thing IMHO - share if you wish, just don't do it if you feel like that... To be patrolling "Kayak Fishing Reports" public forums so you can tell other people when and how to share their fishing report... just doesn't make sense to me.

Here's more of the same discussion on this same side-tracked subject from a few years back
http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=2932

Iceman
11-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Pretty sure the timely reports stopped about when I moved:the_finger:..........we used to call in "fresh off the horn" reports back in the good old days. :sifone:
I still hate chasing yesterdays fish, much rather stumble on my own!

DESTROYER
11-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Amen Adi!

You guys have to give reports because Adi can't fish for a month or do the 5 finger knucke shuffle:D

Here is the evolution of a Kayak Fisherman:

Man buys kayak
Man fishes in Kayak
Man Catches fish
Man post Report
Man Catches more fish
Man post more reports
Man gets in internet arguement
Man gets in kayak click
Man shares info with friends only
Man gets tired of kayak click and other kayak fisherman
Man buys power boat
Man stops posting report
Man call kayakers speed bumps...
...then it starts with a new group of kayak fisherman all over again.

LOL

jorluivil
11-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Nothing will shut down a bite faster than a "look what I caught today and I saw 5 others guys get one too". Next thing ya know, every private boater and their friend are in LJ.

Speaking from experience I can't tell you how true this is. When I was a private boater it was amazing to see how quick the word got out that the 'bite' was on. I was never really one to follow the crowds, I usually did my own thing away from all the hoopla. I'd hit my secret spot, post my catch on Bloodydecks and move on. There was days when I would pull out the binoculars and see the hoards of boats a miles away, all the while there was no more than a hand full of boats within a three mile radius of my secret spots.

I think this thread got blown out proportion because of the approach that some of you took........imo. Anyway, it's probably time to move on to bigger and better things. After all, this is a fishing forum not the Jerry Springer show.

lamb
11-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Cmon Matt, you've been on these boars too long, like me! :D At least I got an excuse, I kind of work here. :D You forget that you read someone else's post years ago, and you slide it in years later as your own! :D
It was Todd's brilliant post you are improvizing on - I had to dig it out and repost it:

The evolution of kayak fisherman at La Jolla, a timeline-
</ST1:p<O:p</O:p
The first years-<O:p</O:p
Look at me!! Look at me!! I caught a fish, it's so big...I'm so cool!!!<O:p</O:p
<O:p
The helper-<O:p</O:p
Now that I know how to catch some fish, I'll do my best to help other catch some too...<O:p</O:p
<O:p
The arguer (#1)-<O:p</O:p
Thanks for the out dated report, bites over… if you don’t post, then don’t read post… your all wrong…you’re a tool… you have no right to ____!!!<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

The population explosion-<O:p</O:p
Where did all these other fisherman come from, it used to be so quiet here? Why is it that when I post my fish there is so many people out?<O:p</O:p

The realization-<O:p</O:p
I miss the quietness that there used to be... it's much harder to catch those fish now? I work hard and put in countless hours to find this bite. Ouch…my foot hurts from where I shot it…<O:p</O:p

The competitor-<O:p</O:p
I better be careful with what I say or my competition is going to get the jump on me.<O:p</O:p

The arguer (#2)-<O:p</O:p
Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag… way to ruin the bite…you’re a tool... you have no right to ___... how dare you...... STFU!!!
The final straw-<O:p</O:p
WTF is all this politics and bickering on The Board, it's getting old... this is fishing! it's supposed to be fun... I’m done with this shit! I fish for me, my piece of mind and to have a good time with my friends. Who care what the general public thinks, I don't know them anyway... Hey buddy what's you phone # so we can share info with each other and not the rest of the world. <O:p</O:p

The outside viewer-<O:p</O:p
Nothing has changed, politics, BS and more and more new people on the timeline... it will never end. Will it?

It's fishing, have fun, quit bickering...<O:p</O:p

Just an opinion / observation from a nobody… bring on the arguers

The preceding information has not been evaluated by BWE, use as described, results may vary.

from a fisherman formly known as C-level

BigBalsa
11-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Paddled out at LJ today into 9'+ sets. Had to dig really hard but eventually made it out past the breakers, only to get caught in that nasty southerly rip. Once the wind picked up it was nearly impossible to stay anywhere near 'the spot'. Bait was also super scarce - caught just one anemic spanish after nearly two hours of jigging.

Manged to tie up to some big bull kelp before the tide came up, and lined out my lone mack. Thought I hooked something big but turns out I just snagged bottom with my lone bait. Broke it off at the swivel and tried to ty on a jig, but with the swell picking up and the wind chop, I started to get really seasick. On the way in, a huge rouge roller dumped me before I could lash everything down, and I lost two rods and my new bait setup.

I am glad I made it in ok without getting hit by lightning or run over, and avoided getting washed over the rocks. Buty I am now on my 7th straight skunk at LJ. Winter fishing here sure sucks.

BTW - I did'nt see anyone else doing any better in those rough conditions.

blackcloud9
11-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Todd forgot that one.

The Faker
La Jolla conditions were horrible and nobody caught anything. And kayak fishing is not fun. Move along.

Classic old posts Adi thanks for digging them up. Memories.

Matt
11-13-2010, 03:09 PM
F'ing speed bumps!!!!:biggrinjester:

dorado50
11-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Hi Matt....are you going to post up your really big fish today or are you going to wait till the bites over?:p thanks for the stuff...:you_rock:

DESTROYER
11-13-2010, 03:22 PM
I remember that one Adi, but I wasn't trying to copy it. It's threads like this one that burned Todd out on kayak fishing and put him into hiding. He is right, fishing is supposed to be for fun.

I remember getting OTW reports back in the day. No one fished in the winter except Andy, Jim, and Lifeguard Guy. No one wore waders except Quiet Man, and he got shit for it because people said it was dangerous.

We are all being judged everyday by outsiders looking in. I personally am going to say what I want to say and do what I want to do.

I get excited when I catch big fish and because my family doesn't really understand the thrill of paddling out at O'Dark:30 and catching a big fish, it's nice to post a picture and get props from the fishing crowd.

Last Statement:

I don't think what krmaxima said was so bad. Big deal, he's excited about the sport and that's Rad.

A lot of LJ maybe closed down very soon and we might be looking at these old reports in the archives telling are kids how it used to be.
Relax, breathe, and have fun. Life is too short to be a hater.:cheers1:

Tight Line

Moyer

DESTROYER
11-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Hi Matt....are you going to post up your really big fish today or are you going to wait till the bites over?:p thanks for the stuff...:you_rock:

I don't count Dave!:jig:

WahooUSMA
11-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Amen Adi!

You guys have to give reports because Adi can't fish for a month or do the 5 finger knucke shuffle:D

Man buys kayak
Man fishes in Kayak
Man Catches fish
Man post Report
Man Catches more fish
Man post more reports
Man gets in kayak click
Man buys power boat
Man stops posting report

LOL

This is funny shit!

bubblehide
11-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by C-level http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?p=21381#post21381)
The evolution of kayak fisherman at La Jolla, a timeline-
:p:p:p
The first years-:p:p
Look at me!! Look at me!! I caught a fish, it's so big...I'm so cool!!!:p:p
:p
The helper-:p:p
Now that I know how to catch some fish, I'll do my best to help other catch some too...:p:p
:p
The arguer (#1)-:p:p
Thanks for the out dated report, bites over… if you don’t post, then don’t read post… your all wrong…you’re a tool… you have no right to ____!!!:p:p
:p:p

The population explosion-:p:p
Where did all these other fisherman come from, it used to be so quiet here? Why is it that when I post my fish there is so many people out?:p:p

The realization-:p:p
I miss the quietness that there used to be... it's much harder to catch those fish now? I work hard and put in countless hours to find this bite. Ouch…my foot hurts from where I shot it…:p:p

The competitor-:p:p
I better be careful with what I say or my competition is going to get the jump on me.:p:p

The arguer (#2)-:p:p
Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag… way to ruin the bite…you’re a tool... you have no right to ___... how dare you...... STFU!!!
The final straw-:p:p
WTF is all this politics and bickering on The Board, it's getting old... this is fishing! it's supposed to be fun... I’m done with this shit! I fish for me, my piece of mind and to have a good time with my friends. Who care what the general public thinks, I don't know them anyway... Hey buddy what's you phone # so we can share info with each other and not the rest of the world. :p:p

The outside viewer-:p:p
Nothing has changed, politics, BS and more and more new people on the timeline... it will never end. Will it?

It's fishing, have fun, quit bickering...:p:p

Just an opinion / observation from a nobody… bring on the arguers

The preceding information has not been evaluated by BWE, use as described, results may vary.

from a fisherman formly known as C-level

Oh how we need to turn this into a pole of where your at on the above scale:reel::D:D:D:D:D

T Bone
11-13-2010, 05:55 PM
To quote Schultz: "I KNOW NUTTZING!!!"

Matt
11-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Dude you quoted Sgt. Schultz......:notworthy::notworthy:, well played sir, well played!

j mo
11-13-2010, 07:42 PM
^Were you fishing a "panga" today? that things is sweet!

sorry for the thread jack....

Jimmyz123
11-14-2010, 06:10 AM
Amen Adi!

Man buys kayak
Man fishes in Kayak
Man Catches fish
Man post Report
Man Catches more fish
Man post more reports
Man gets in kayak click
Man buys power boat
Man stops posting report

LOL

I must be broken because I went the other way on this. For years my dad and I owned boats, as you know BOAT mean
Bust
Out
Another
Thousand
I couldn't afford the constant repairs and such so I donated my old boat to Father Joe. Then I spent a few years researching Kayak fishing and finally made the leap. Tore my bicep tendon on my first trip out had surgery and 8 months later I'm back at it. This sport and community of fisherman, Boaters and Kayakers, is too important for us to all bash each other for posting a report.
Yes, I agree one should post only their reports unless otherwise authorized to do so. Does that make Scally a bad fisherman? No.
You name the fish board, BD, SD, or whatever and you will always find those who want to preserve a fishery so they tell you not to speak of an area of fishing for fear that it will be over fished. I believe that we all love to catch fish, and we all know there are newbies out there that would also love to catch fish. When you see a newbie land their first big fish, hands shaking from the rush, and the smile on their face, man that's what it's all about. I'll catch my first big fish from the Yak someday and you know I'll be posting a report.

Let's all just get out and catch some fish. :jig:

maui jim
11-15-2010, 08:41 PM
I had some real good times........and good stuff..I Think I did:sifone:
Didn't I ????? I'll be back......

Mtobolsky
11-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Haven't posted for a while but all you whiney little bitches Rippen this guy up cuz he congratulated another fellow fisherman on a catch, go fuck yourself you selfish douche bags, I'm so sick of all you dick tanks telling people not to post or don't give away secrets for fear of jerks coming in and hogging all the fish... Got news for you..,,,,you guys are the jerks or the rude assmonkeys killin the comoradere.... Go catch a one eyed trouser trout, I bet that's all your good at,,,,,fags try being friendly

DESTROYER
11-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Haven't posted for a while but all you whiney little bitches Rippen this guy up cuz he congratulated another fellow fisherman on a catch, go fuck yourself you selfish douche bags, I'm so sick of all you dick tanks telling people not to post or don't give away secrets for fear of jerks coming in and hogging all the fish... Got news for you..,,,,you guys are the jerks or the rude assmonkeys killin the comoradere.... Go catch a one eyed trouser trout, I bet that's all your good at,,,,,fags try being friendly

Wow! I don't disagree with you, but jeez! Might want to rate it NC17 next time:rolleyes:

Mtobolsky
11-16-2010, 02:08 PM
10-4....overcome with rage....hulk smash.....aarghgjlkmsdfoijs....you gotta like the last part about being friendly though

TCS
11-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Lighten up Francis.

DESTROYER
11-16-2010, 02:18 PM
10-4....overcome with rage....hulk smash.....aarghgjlkmsdfoijs....you gotta like the last part about being friendly though

Except for the Fag part.:y:

Mtobolsky
11-16-2010, 02:25 PM
i have lots of fag friends....I LOVE UM!!!!!!! if your gay you can say it....if your black you can say the N word even though im white as a sheet of paper and i call my friends the N word if your a dude you cant say chick......whatever.....all this PC BS is absolutely ruining this country.....i hate everyone equally......

a principality is run by a prince
a kingdom is run by a king

who runs the country....a bunch of ^&%*'s
:the_finger:

DESTROYER
11-16-2010, 02:50 PM
:goodnight::goodnight:

On that note...

chris138
11-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Save your furious anger for the thresher sharks! Some of the more experienced kayakers hold themselves to a strict code of conduct with regards to posting, which in reality means we all will have a better chance at big fish if you just get out there regularly. Don't hate on scurvy old scallywag just cuz he puts in the real legwork and gets more fish than you... I'm sure we'd all be out in LJ 4-5 days a week if we could :biggrinjester:

Mtobolsky
11-16-2010, 03:49 PM
sweet.....what do i have to do to join the club..... i want in...........please guys please.........can you email or fax me the code of ethics and rule book:cheers1:

bigbarrels
11-16-2010, 07:42 PM
wow! Drama on BWE.......almost as bad as New Jersey Shores....or what ever that freakin lame show is called

This website was even helpful up to a year ago with fish reports, etc

can't wait to get back to Baja where there is plenty of fish and no one around. Oh wait, did I just say that.

roby
11-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Can someone send me a link to the New Jersey Shores and Baja launch site? Can I just drive up or do I have to park first? Thanks.

bigbarrels
11-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Can someone send me a link to the New Jersey Shores and Baja launch site? Can I just drive up or do I have to park first? Thanks.

TOP SECRET:)

DENNYh
11-16-2010, 08:14 PM
This is typical come winter on BWE and spearboards every year, no fish=anger=bitching. Gets old Puceees

Dove Sunday saw 1 wsb, missed a shot, LJ

Matt
11-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Hey Moyer didn't you say "last statement" like 2 pages ago???:D

T Bone
11-17-2010, 02:55 AM
Cool now we can all just sit around the campfire,pass the pipe and sing Cat Stevens songs.....:)

Oh wait a minute.C A R B says the campfire puts out too much emissions,CA didnt pass Prop 19 and Yousef Islam is a terrorist.....:confused:

And on top of all that there are no fish in LJ.WE'RE SCREWED :D

jorluivil
11-17-2010, 03:48 AM
I've never opened a second bag of popcorn during the same show.

newguy01
11-17-2010, 09:46 AM
this trend is to funny web site is keeping insane lol

FISHIONADO
11-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Was it a thresher pup?

Ha, sorry, couldn't resist!

Sherm
11-17-2010, 02:12 PM
You forgot on the evolution of a yak fisherman. Most get started after reading posts on a yak board. It's all Iceman's fault. I remember reading his next day reports 6 years ago and thinking "I gotta do that". Iceman ruined the sport for everyone.

Way to go Andy....................

That was sarcasim if any of the panty wearers are thinking I'm attacking Iceman.

Amazing........I pretty much quit posting about 7 months ago because of this whiney BS. I log back in months later and it might as well be the same post. :stupid:

StinkyMatt
11-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Sherm, and other "used to post it" guys. Please don't feel that a few, vocal, voices characterize the make up and position of the entire board. Many( possibly most) guys on here still have not lost the youthful excitement that comes from :

1 catching fish
2 seeing your friend kick some ass on the water
3 knowing that you helped a guy get on the fish
4 bragging (I mean sharing) about your catch.

Please fish, post if you like.

Gotta get ready for my Calico breeder, trasher pup, black seabass trip this weekend. :D

surfnutnj
11-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Larry- The Rules were a JOKE!:biggrinjester:

I've always shared and still get shit from my friends for doing so.

This is exactly why I never bother to post a fish report EVER even when I do catch a fish...just like surfing...people think they own the ocean and have a right to self regulate it and create imaginary rules or laws.

As long as long as you are respectful and not an "a" hole then I think you should be able to do whatever you want as long as it is within the "real life" laws.

I guess mentioning that you saw "a guy" catch "a fish" is against the unwritten rules. I will have to try to remember that.

sheesh... I have a totally different view of these boards now... o well

DESTROYER
11-17-2010, 04:49 PM
This is exactly why I never bother to post a fish report EVER even when I do catch a fish...just like surfing...people think they own the ocean and have a right to self regulate it and create imaginary rules or laws.

As long as long as you are respectful and not an "a" hole then I think you should be able to do whatever you want as long as it is within the "real life" laws.

I guess mentioning that you saw "a guy" catch "a fish" is against the unwritten rules. I will have to try to remember that.

Don't let it get to you. I never judge a person by their internet rants. You never know how many :cheers1: they've had when they wrote that Chit. I find that a simple private message usually does the trick. Cheers!

driftwood
11-17-2010, 05:44 PM

You have never posted your own fish report? Like many, I have posted quite a bit. And I have never seen anyone be presecuted for that.

I personally, would love to see your fish report. I think its safe to say, that many in this forum would love to read your report and give you props. Try it, I think you'll like it.

But make sure its your own, not someone else's. :cheers1:

Sherm
11-18-2010, 06:25 AM
You have never posted your own fish report? Like many, I have posted quite a bit. And I have never seen anyone be presecuted for that.

I personally, would love to see your fish report. I think its safe to say, that many in this forum would love to read your report and give you props. Try it, I think you'll like it.

But make sure its your own, not someone else's. :cheers1:

Not exactly bro.................back in April I posted my PB yellowtail on this board. I posted three days after i caught it and it was a good three weeks into the bite. The next thing you now guys with 19 posts and shit were giving me a hard time about posting. I was being blamed for private boats....yaks.....spearos being out fishing. It's kinda crazy.

Oh ya.....I got two big WSB back in June..................is that waiting long enough to post ;)

Mtobolsky
11-18-2010, 08:22 AM
one last thing..........ive been out to LJ a lot...not as much as some more than others and odly enough, my best day ever was with 200 of my closest friends... a good split between PB'rs and yakers but we did outnumber them......there were sphincters out there and luckily i was right next to one of them when i pulled up about 50 yards away from him (about as far away as you could get from anyone) and set up my 1'st, 2n'd, 3rd and 4th drift and slammed a yellow or bruiser BSB (safely released) every freakin time....it was the best thing on this planet.... i was just being friendly asking what all the baloons were about making conversation with a fellow angler even though he was a pb'r and he started cussing up a storm about all these other people gettin in on his space and how he's been there all nigh with nothing to show for it. What sweet redemption to just get slammed right in front of him!!!!

baloons.....ha....guess he didn't know the squid were on the bottom along with every other fish in the sea slurpin them up.....good times.....

One thing that pissed me off though was that i saw him get whacked with a 5 min fight only to see it was a bat ray so his dumb ass took his anger out on the poor thing and shanked the thing about fifty times before dropping him back in davies locker...wht a prick!!

all i know is i consider all you yakers out there my comrades when im there, happy to share and greatfull for info...there's enough fish out there trust me, even on the busy days.

:cheers1:

driftwood
11-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Not exactly bro.................back in April I posted my PB yellowtail on this board. I posted three days after i caught it and it was a good three weeks into the bite. The next thing you now guys with 19 posts and shit were giving me a hard time about posting. I was being blamed for private boats....yaks.....spearos being out fishing. It's kinda crazy.

Oh ya.....I got two big WSB back in June..................is that waiting long enough to post ;)

I see your point sherm. But, my point is more general. Many have posted their own fish report when the fishing was slow. Even if you post/report just once a year thats good. ( your own)

Now, as far as posting durring a hot bite, Well, that all depends if you like fishing with a small crowd or a very large crowd. too many different opinions regarding that.
And how long should you wait to report after a hot bite? Not sure about that one.:confused: Like Bush once said... "you can't be all things to all one" Has it been a hot bite lately? Well, I don't know work has been keeping me away from fishing.

I guess the only way to find out is "go fish." soon. And if its wide open balls out fishing I'll send you a P.M. Sherm. But thats just me. :cheers1:
I don't own the whole ocean just as small part of la Jolla in front of the condo - soooo stay away you PB's! :biggrinjester:

surfnutnj
11-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Did not know saying you saw a guy catch a fish constitutes as posting a fish report for him....?

I get the point though so i am done with this convo. I will continue to do what I usually do, use these boards to exchange occasional information about fishing, and leave the reports up to guys like the Darkhorse.

Cheers

Fiskadoro
11-18-2010, 04:45 PM

I post what I can, but I'll also say I have got shit in the past for posting reports, especially about La Jolla, probably for good reason.

My only saltwater report in a good while was the SBI report and I got away with that because it's essentially harmless. No-one could get thier panties in a wad, or claim that that report ruined a bite or lead to overfishing. I post freshwater no fish reports cuz... well... I mean who cares :sifone:

Bottom line: there's things you can post and things you can't, and it takes time to figure it out...

I do not post real time La Jolla reports, lobster reports with locations, or any reports with inshore white sebass bites. Sue me but I have seen the problems those types of reports cause.

Actually this thread reminds me of one from BD a while back where some guy poached a pic from this website and posted it saying: Huge Yellow On Yak Yesterday...!!!!
My response was: "You rock..... Way to poach someone else's info and broadcast it to the whole frigging world.http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/images/smilies/hali_nuija.gif"

You'd think that was common sense. that it's bad form to steal someones info from another, and then post it on the biggest website in So.Cal. but then I got a bunch of these types of responses:

"99% of kayakers in La Jolla are also BD fans. There is no issue. Jim Day does not represent us, I wish he would shut his fxxxxxx mouth."

Some of those negative responses were from people who post here.

I guess what I'm saying here is you just can't win. People have to learn things on their own time table, and no matter what you say some jerk is probably going to have something negative to say about it. So you have to figure it out for yourself and then post what you think is right. It's weird... I mean on one hand I wish people posted more La Jolla info so I could use it, but on the other hand I know it's not a great thing to do, and there is no reason for me to expect others to post theirs when I don't post mine.

I'd say stealing a report and then posting it on another board is in bad taste. Saying you saw someone catch a fish, while you were actually out there fishing, in contrast is not the same thing, or even that big of a deal in my opinion, but that is just my take.

Jim

jorluivil
11-19-2010, 01:43 AM
Third bag of popcorn is in the micro.:D

gupppy
11-19-2010, 11:55 AM
i was referred to this website by a friend and see this flame war. pretty sad IMO. some act as if their life depended on fishing. i'm pretty sure 99% of those, if not all, that posted in here are NOT in that situation.

GBF
11-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Can I have some pop corn!!

I got beer to trade?

GBF

BWE
11-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Nuff, this thread had gone crazy.