PDA

View Full Version : miramar lake on thursday

newguy01
12-21-2010, 10:18 AM
anybody interested on catching trout for christmas or just antbody to tag along is welcome

Siebler
12-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Possibly. time?

dfroggy54
12-22-2010, 07:51 AM
deng it id roll out but going to Dland with la familia. GL out there. btw you get that bait tank setup?

Kesepton
12-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Ill be there at open if I can get up in time.

Red hobie sport.

Might go Christmas too if I can convince the lady.

dsafety
12-22-2010, 04:41 PM
I have not tried fishing the local lakes in a kayak. Anyone care to share some tips?

What do you use for bait? Do you troll, drift, cast? Does anyone fish with flies? Which lakes are open to kayaks? Is there a boat launch fee? What about Quagga issues?

Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks in advance for any info.

Bob

newguy01
12-22-2010, 09:00 PM
deng it id roll out but going to Dland with la familia. GL out there. btw you get that bait tank setup?

yes testing it out on thursday ill be on the yellow revo ill try to get there when they open need to load the in 0the morning see you guys on the water meaning lake.

jhook
12-23-2010, 06:49 AM
I have not tried fishing the local lakes in a kayak. Anyone care to share some tips?

What do you use for bait? Do you troll, drift, cast? Does anyone fish with flies? Which lakes are open to kayaks? Is there a boat launch fee? What about Quagga issues?

Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks in advance for any info.

Bob

This thread will answer most of your questions:
http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=8966

I had luck trolling and throwing Kastmasters. I saw a guy on a float tube that was getting bit on flies (didn't ask which), and I talked to a couple of kayakers that were getting bit on Kastmasters and nightcrawlers under a bobber.
Boat launch fee is $2. Daily permit is $8.

garcia0425
12-24-2010, 08:04 AM
Personal best for me yesterday at Lake Miramar. No stringer of fish for me, I had two hook ups that got away and I guess the third one was the charm.

Also I got there early and was set up to head out at 5:30 only to be told that they don't allow anyone on the water until a half hour before sunrise. Sunrise was scheduled for 6:45 so I along with a few others that were there early were told we had to wait till 6:15. I wasn't aware of this and just wanted to let everyone one know.

Kesepton
12-24-2010, 11:57 AM
I was there yesterday too, I managed a stringer by 8.30. I didnt know bout that water thing too. Ive gone before and just launched... oops!

I know a lot of guys are good at trolling, and do real good with it. I suck at it though, can never get my lines sorted and can never get the speed down. I usually head to a cove and fish the very end of it. The trout school up and move along the shore line/tullies. They get all backed up in coves, and its like fish in a barrel. We had multiple doubles yesterday between these two guys on a boat and myself.

Mine were on mini jigs, they were using PB