PDA

View Full Version : thought i'd be wise ass today and...

m1k3midg3
02-21-2011, 08:33 PM
bring my kayak to julian for some kayak sledding. turns out that kayaks make really shitty sleds. who woulda thunk it? It was anticlimatic really. I spent like 20 minutes trying to get the kayak to the top of the slope just for it to slide down as slow as it took me to bring it up.

sterling
02-21-2011, 09:18 PM
That's funny. I have a Tarpon that is almost completely flat bottomed. With a steep enough slope it may slide.

yaknewb
02-21-2011, 09:24 PM
My river kayak worked but i couldent turn my head for a month after rolling down the hill in it one time.

yakety-yak
02-22-2011, 12:46 AM
I almost killed myself when I took my kayak up to Mt. Baldy once. Flew off the yak and slammed into a log. Ripped open my ski pants, jeans, AND thermals. The huge bruise didn't heal properly and my ass is lopsided to this day.

gupppy
02-25-2011, 07:46 AM
...The huge bruise didn't heal properly and my ass is lopsided to this day.

what were the injuries due to the yak? :biggrinjester:

yakety-yak
02-25-2011, 11:01 PM
what were the injuries due to the yak? :biggrinjester:

The yak survived :D. They're indestructible. I had it fly off on the 5 when my removable thule roof rack came loose :eek:. It bounced off 2 cars and only received superficial damage to the surface amazingly. The guy I eventually sold it to didn't even notice the scratches until I mentioned them. A few months later I traded the SUV for a truck so I could transport my yaks more securely :rolleyes:.

trob
03-03-2011, 11:49 AM
this thread rocks :luxhello:

pretty funny