PDA

View Full Version : La Jolla 3/19

wiredantz
03-20-2011, 07:16 PM
It was unexpected I told my wife i was going fishing...(i didn't tell her where) :cool:

Went to La Jolla launched around 3 pm for the first time made bait and caught a 14 inch calico bass, and a seal who took off with my mac and my 4/0 hooks. The seal started jumping up out of the water like 6 times before he tore the hooks out of my line. I also lost my sun glasses as i broke through the 4 ft surf.

After the sun went down it started getting real cold.
Then i received a phone call from my wife around 7pm and told me to bring dinner for the kids.(she didn't know I drove two hours away to go fish away from the storm) I told my wife I was way out in the water and should be home around 9:30pm... she got mad!! So i ended the cell phone conversation. The wind was blowing to the E so paddling back was easy.

I packed up all my expensive electronics into the milk crate along with my gaff, paddle, net, and gaff, and put the milk crate over my shoulder and my fishing rods on my other hand and headed toward the car while leaving the yak on sand. I then threw everything to the car and drove back to get my yak. ( it was still there... next time ill put my kayak wheels inside the kayak)
It was fun i drove back going 80 to 90mph back to los angeles. I had my kayak on my roof rack tied down with 6 ties and one going through the window. I didn't want my kayak flying off my roof. I left La Jolla at 745pm and i arrived back at home at 9:30pm. The gas i used was almost like $40 going back and forth.

When my wife took the car this morning she asked me where all the gas go? My wife just gassed up on Wednesday, and i told her not to put in the cheap fuel because it burns faster... LOL :D

jhook
03-20-2011, 07:25 PM
That's awesome! :cheers1: Congrats on the first La Jolla trip. (I'm yet to get out there). Sounds like it was pretty successful. Just a matter of time before :wsb:

GregAndrew
03-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Way to get out there Frank. That is some funny chit you told your wife lol.

Amish Ed
03-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Hope they weren't prescription. One day I lost a $350 pair launching, then forgot to take off my regular glasses landing. Lost those too. My wife was actually really nice about it, just called me a dumb ass.

jorluivil
03-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Sounds like we all married the same girl.

Rusty
03-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Sounds like we all married the same girl.

Yup

Great work on the mission buddy.

radastaff
03-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do,
and come up with a good story later.

WahooUSMA
03-21-2011, 06:14 PM
It was unexpected I told my wife i was going fishing...(i didn't tell her where) :cool:

Went to La Jolla launched around 3 pm for the first time made bait and caught a 14 inch calico bass, and a seal who took off with my mac and my 4/0 hooks. The seal started jumping up out of the water like 6 times before he tore the hooks out of my line. I also lost my sun glasses as i broke through the 4 ft surf.

After the sun went down it started getting real cold.
Then i received a phone call from my wife around 7pm and told me to bring dinner for the kids.(she didn't know I drove two hours away to go fish away from the storm) I told my wife I was way out in the water and should be home around 9:30pm... she got mad!! So i ended the cell phone conversation. The wind was blowing to the E so paddling back was easy.

I packed up all my expensive electronics into the milk crate along with my gaff, paddle, net, and gaff, and put the milk crate over my shoulder and my fishing rods on my other hand and headed toward the car while leaving the yak on sand. I then threw everything to the car and drove back to get my yak. ( it was still there... next time ill put my kayak wheels inside the kayak)
It was fun i drove back going 80 to 90mph back to los angeles. I had my kayak on my roof rack tied down with 6 ties and one going through the window. I didn't want my kayak flying off my roof. I left La Jolla at 745pm and i arrived back at home at 9:30pm. The gas i used was almost like $40 going back and forth.

When my wife took the car this morning she asked me where all the gas go? My wife just gassed up on Wednesday, and i told her not to put in the cheap fuel because it burns faster... LOL :D

Welcome to the darkside! :cheers1:

Ndavissd
03-21-2011, 06:48 PM
congrats on your LJ launch - its on my short list

StinkyMatt
03-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Nice fishing with you Frank, sorry we couldn't get into some good stuff. :D

DESTROYER
03-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the CLUB! You are officially an addict:biggrinjester:

Gino
03-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Make sure you dont use the same excuse twice. :biggrinjester:

wiredantz
03-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Nice fishing with you Frank, sorry we couldn't get into some good stuff. :D

Yes it was fun, until i lost you guys, and then i could not figure out what channel you guys were on. So i just fished right out side the yellow bouys.

Next time ill spend all day there if the yellows come back.
We will do it again ill just make sure and throw me a tow cable.

Slappy
03-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Its easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.