Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New Guy, New Yak, and maiden voyage (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=16897)

roadx 02-07-2013 07:47 PM

room for two?? PM, seriously i have been thinking of the same platform for a while now

Cadiyak 02-07-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadx (Post 147010)
room for two?? PM, seriously i have been thinking of the same platform for a while now

PM sent

MrPatrick 02-08-2013 04:42 AM

Landings

I think superman landings might be best when the surf is larger.

jorluivil 02-08-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPatrick (Post 147036)
I think superman landings might be best when the surf is larger.

I will pay to see that!!!

JarrodMc 02-08-2013 12:19 PM

Yeah man I saw you out there at the same time we were launching. that thing is badass!

flytuber4 02-08-2013 03:48 PM

That thing is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!! Nice work :you_rock:

A friend of mine has been looking for a hull of one of those for awhile. If anyone knows where to get another cheap leme know please :luxhello:

flytuber4 02-08-2013 03:56 PM

Ps. Don't pay any attention to my avatar..... Please.[/QUOTE]

Kinda hard not to..... Thats disturbing to say the least:confused:

mtnbykr2 02-08-2013 05:33 PM

that is one sweet ride right there, and look what can be done with a little imagination and "get er doneness?" welcome to the, well I don't even have to say it..."the addiction"

MotoHero 02-08-2013 07:46 PM

Paddle Choices?

With all that leverage you can generate I was wondering if a larger paddle would be in order. Maybe a cupped version or something to minimize any slip.

Looks very cool, kinda like an Edsel but still cool,

Dwayne

sandsquirt 02-09-2013 08:47 AM

That thing would be sweet with a Mirage Drive and be able to move the seat fore and aft.

TheBentRod 02-09-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 146997)
Someone has to ask

Which side is the bow of the kayak?

Since it is a rowboat with catamaran stylings, you will face the stern with your back to the target. I like it!

PESCAHOLIC 02-11-2013 05:05 AM

If paddling backwards isn't your thing. I had a similar catamaran that I used as my fishing kayak. With the right length paddle you should be able to sit facing forward...Check out some of my old posts for reference.

TJones 02-11-2013 06:37 AM

75$ ?

are you missing a zero? can it hold yourself and any passengers? if so, that good bring many priceless memories with your children . :cheers1:

Cadiyak 02-11-2013 10:45 AM

Thanks for positive feedback and replys. I was wondering if people would think I was crazy, or a poser/kook.

The whole rowing thing actually isn't that foreign to me. Back in my college days I did crew, so I'm used to whole going backwards thing. Due to the center of gravity on the hull, I'm pretty much stuck sitting towards the bow. If I sat aft, the scuppers and stern would be low. I contemplated paddling it, but that idea seemed like it would be more (physical) work. I certainly could get more torque going if I had larger cupped blades and longer shafts, but then there would be more hardware going off the back. Since I was uncertain how this would work out, I tried not to go overboard on cost and kept things relatively simple. Surprisingly, things started adding up quickly as I added on all the hardware. We'll see how long I can "keep the costs down", seeing that I can't wait to get back out on the water again. ;)

-Eric

Cadiyak 02-11-2013 10:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TJones (Post 147285)
are you missing a zero? can it hold yourself and any passengers? if so, that good bring many priceless memories with your children . :cheers1:

The price was right, kinda was too good to pass up. It is made for two people, but that's sailing, rowing makes it hard to have two full grown bodies on board, but it is perfect for kids. Here's a picture I took with my son (4 1/2) on Lake Miramar, hopefully I can get him out on the big pond eventually.

Attachment 8397