Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hobie bait tank fix (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=25421)

YakDout 05-02-2015 12:56 PM

I do appreciate experience.

CheapPelican 05-02-2015 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorluivil (Post 226711)
Maybe he's carry one of these to help him when that happens

http://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/i/spin/ima...4&op_sharpen=1

That's ridiculous, everyone knows Hobie uses SAE hardware. He could leave half of that at home

YakDout 05-02-2015 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheapPelican (Post 226721)
I guess you got all the bases covered. Might be hard to blow air through a screen like that if it's all clogged, unless you remove it by cutting the zipties. You could try removing the hose and sucking the stuff out. Let us know if that works.

Everyone else should just save the $20 for the bait barge.

The clogging will , once again, be on the outside of the screen. Not much makes it past my intake, and for the 4th time, it gets stuck in the pump. I appreciate it though you inexpensive-crow.

😬

CheapPelican 05-02-2015 01:37 PM

How is this going to stop your tank from draining if the hose is laying on the bottom like that. If your pump fails and the tank drains, most likely the only way you will notice is when your bait starts flopping around. By then its already too late.

One more time, where does all the debris get stuck?

I just want to know all the details before I do this awesome mod.

YakDout 05-02-2015 01:39 PM

You take the end of the hose and lift it above the water line. What's your second language? Maybe I can try to google translate? You, take, the, end , of, the, hose, and lift, it, above , the hatch, so, that, the, tank, does, not , drain, when, you , lose, power,

😬

PeliCant, are you an engineer also?

CheapPelican 05-02-2015 01:44 PM

Oh! Now that make sense! You should post a picture of that. Does it float or does it just stay above the water line all by itself like that?

YakDout 05-02-2015 01:45 PM

All you would have to do is shut the hatch on the hose....

CheapPelican 05-02-2015 01:51 PM

I see, thats gonna look clean. Yeah, we will need a screen for all those extra scales we're going to get from the bait banging into another thing in there.

YakDout 05-02-2015 01:54 PM

Hopefully it's true that the bait guys will still have plenty of sardines this year.

momo fish 05-02-2015 02:02 PM

I actually have a great solution that has resolved all your issues and have tested it for 3 years and works great and here it is....

Actually never mind.. You will just call me names and criticize my offer for help.. But like you said you welcome constructive feedback... Sure you do...

YakDout 05-02-2015 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momo fish (Post 226736)
I actually have a great solution that has resolved all your issues and have tested it for 3 years and works great and here it is....

Actually never mind.. You will just call me names and criticize my offer for help.. But like you said you welcome constructive feedback... Sure you do...

Well I'm calling your bluff, so let's hear it. What's your 3 year tested fix? Enlighten me, por favor.

YakDout 05-02-2015 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 226737)
Well I'm calling your bluff, so let's hear it. What's your 3 year tested fix? Enlighten me, por favor.

Oh and Momo, I better not see this mod in your Hobie tank.

momo fish 05-02-2015 02:10 PM

Sorry, me no habla englis... ☺️..

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 226737)

YakDout 05-02-2015 02:11 PM

SÃX mÃX tooo.

YakDout 05-02-2015 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanw (Post 226719)
Why are you getting so many scales off your bait? Something is wrong, scales = beat up bait.

Also, to drain the water you could just dump it out. It's just a bucket.

Maybe its because of my 7.5 mph average on the water.

TJones 05-02-2015 03:22 PM

I mentioned this in another post

Actually, I think Andy posted this update . Hobie came up with a new screen for intake . It is not so fine as to clog rapidly , but I am hoping it has just enough filtration to prevent the dreaded sea grass from entering pump . I'm sure they did some good testing . Another horrible scenario is spending two or three hours to make 3 pieces , only to release them so you can clear the pump because of grass . :banghead: . Is it only me ? The updated kit is around 10 bucks ?

TJones 05-02-2015 03:24 PM

Lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 226738)
Oh and Momo, I better not see this mod in your Hobie tank.

Too late . :boxing_smiley:

tsugg 05-02-2015 03:57 PM

No comprende

Keep it and this site will be just another SDFISH. A few frustrated half assed anglers trying pass all their failed attempts on to everyone else.

Leave the beeeching on the other site.

This site is still pretty legit.

Comprende? Amigo:you_rock:

StinkyMatt 05-02-2015 04:30 PM

Please don't yell at me.......

Just offering simple advice.

Steps to no failures with bait:

1)Buy a battery that lasts all day

2)remove the bait tank switch (as you did)

3) install a basic intake screen

Three simple steps..........

Trust that people on here actually want to help.:D

alanw 05-02-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 226741)
Maybe its because of my 7.5 mph average on the water.

How do you think that is beating up your bait?