Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Cambria Slam Down II Report (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=19620)

kauaiboy04 09-24-2013 10:19 AM

sweet report of central cal! miss my old college town of slo. absolutely a hidden gem as far as fishing goes, be it fresh/surf/bay/kayak/etc.

+1 for ruddells!!

sanjuancapokayak 09-24-2013 11:33 AM

Thanks for the Report

Enjoy reading kayak fishing reports like these! Way to take the family and still have a great time yourself. Looks like you know how to make a trip fun for everyone, so Kudos to you. Thanks again for the terrific report, and good luck in the future tournaments up there.
Whit-

blitzburgh 09-24-2013 11:47 AM

GREAT report! :luxhello:

ful-rac 09-24-2013 01:47 PM

3 time, 3 time, 3time!!!

World Champion!!!

jorluivil 09-24-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ful-rac (Post 170777)
3 time, 3 time, 3time!!!

World Champion!!!

Bye the way....did Matt show you the submission pics of the potential newest member?:ack2:

jorluivil 09-24-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ful-rac (Post 170777)
3 time, 3 time, 3time!!!

World Champion!!!

Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean
Jelly Beeeeeeeeeeeeeean

philr21 09-25-2013 06:16 AM

Absolutely awesome report and pics. Makes me miss home, although haven't lived there for 18 years, could only imagine going back to Norcal and a fishery like that.

rogersmith 09-25-2013 01:55 PM

great write up and thanks for the pics. I visited that area for the first time this past christmas, loved it

wiredantz 09-26-2013 07:24 AM

Great Report! Grade A.

The report felt like i was there. :luxhello:

Awesome Trip

MrPukaShell 09-26-2013 03:58 PM

I too had a great time. Fishing was awesome and the pot luck at the end of the day was the best. Everything from Soup to tri-tip. The launch was easy if you paid attention. We pre-fished on Friday and when returning I never even looked over my shoulder. Sweet set up with the ramp going to the sand made for a short drag to the water. I was so stoked when I got home I was already planned my next get away. 3.5 hour drive from my house makes it feasible for a long day but would be worth it. Till next time.

T-Rex 09-26-2013 09:32 PM

Very nice report and pics! Gonna try to make a trip up there this winter.

+ 2 for Ruddells. They've got some pretty good smoked salmon sandwiches too!

Cbad Mike 09-27-2013 11:41 AM

Thanks for taking the time to write such an awesome report and sharing it. Looks like a great time was had by all.
:cheers1:

tunaseeker 09-28-2013 12:48 PM

I was up in Morro Bay for work and ran into some yakers at the Morro Bay fish cleaning station. They had some lings and a fatty cab from the tournament. Very cool area my first time up there. We hit up the rock fish on a friends Davis boat and pulled out my personal best red! Next time gonna take they yak!
Great report! Stayed at the Quality Suites in SLO, free happy hour, all the DBA you could handle. I'm a hop head too!
Cheers!:cheers1:
Todd

rhyak 09-30-2013 11:52 AM

Stevoo, Thanks for the great write up and thanks all the guys that made the long drive up the coast, hope everyone had a good time.

I honestly cant believe that this tournament grew so fast and has joined the top tournaments in the state to become one of the largest on the west coast.

Some true legends at this event. Even had Spike sign up for his first kayak tournament that he participated in.

Good beer selection man, next year hopefully we can get more socal guys up on the Central Coast for a good time.

Fisheye Channel Video should be coming very soon.

Ryan