Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   fish finder suggestions? (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=14898)

Jimmyz123 08-21-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by October (Post 130266)
really dude? What a helpful post. Lots of people are new to using FF. Me for example. I have been fishing my whole life and JUST started using them and am really unfamiliar with good brands, reliable units, which do better in saltwater, etc.

seriously, when did fisherman become such tools? or is it just here in CA? go back to bloody decks, mang

Dude some people just aren't willing to help or nice at all. This site has plenty that will give you helpful information.

bus kid 08-21-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by October (Post 130270)
Well now you have me intrigued.....

Iceman said it best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 130161)
maybe we need to weed out all the chest pounding trophy hunters and keep the "fishermen" who get it. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 (Post 130285)
Dude some people just aren't willing to help or nice at all. This site has plenty that will give you helpful information.

its getting harder and harder to be nice thats all. I just PM now.

October 08-21-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 (Post 130285)

ya i know. sorry, i get a little worked up when i see people acting like punks to other people for no apparent reason. And it seems to be a lot lately on every single fishing forum for some reason

lowprofile 08-21-2012 08:22 PM

everyone has a little fish stick in them.

bus kid 08-21-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by October (Post 130290)
some reason

The reason is, fishing is slow....

Don't worry 1/2 of us don't like you either. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowprofile (Post 130292)
everyone has a little fish stick in them.

baawhhhaaaaa

October 08-21-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bus kid (Post 130293)
The reason is, fishing is slow....

Don't worry 1/2 of us don't like you either. :D

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/8163/fjaayimgur.gif

echo1er 08-21-2012 11:30 PM

get that DSI that :the_finger: is awesome. but yeah I like the Mark 4. Your in Oceanside right. You can come check it out on base if you want to.

lowprofile 08-21-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echo1er (Post 130304)
get that DSI that :the_finger: is awesome. but yeah I like the Mark 4. Your in Oceanside right. You can come check it out on base if you want to.

or you can go with me thursday evening and i can check it out then. ;) :D

lowprofile 08-23-2012 12:59 AM

went to BPS today. they had no clue what i was talking about when i said "6 payments plan... or 6 month payment plan?" but they told me all about the bass pro credit card... :redface:

looked at all the units, got the hand out books for hummingbird and lowrance.. still not sure what i want. lol.

thinking the elit 5 fishfinder/chartplotter or the the Elit 5 DSI... but not sure how i would mount the transducer for the DSI since it needs to be in the water.

Deefeesha 08-23-2012 05:22 AM

Phone or online orders only. The store won't have a clue about the plan, however, you can do a store pick up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowprofile (Post 130446)
went to BPS today. they had no clue what i was talking about when i said "6 payments plan... or 6 month payment plan?" but they told me all about the bass pro credit card... :redface:

looked at all the units, got the hand out books for hummingbird and lowrance.. still not sure what i want. lol.

thinking the elit 5 fishfinder/chartplotter or the the Elit 5 DSI... but not sure how i would mount the transducer for the DSI since it needs to be in the water.

danjor 08-23-2012 07:03 AM

The 6 pay plan at bps is tempting but bps wont price match websites like west marine will and bps extended warrenty sucks in my opinion. Had to return a $99 fish finder a couple times and $20 for insurance each time i returned it on a $99 item is high considering the charged tax on the money they returned to me when i turned in my finder and when i bought the replacemnt so not only i got charged $20 for the insurance but got taxed 3 times on a item exchange... dont get me wrong i love bps but that was a conplete rip off when the finder cost $99 but all said and done it cost $56 to replace with there "warrenty"
But real moral of the story dont buy $99 fish finders they dont work. Lol

packeryakker 08-23-2012 07:18 AM

I have the mark 4 installed on my outback. I was looking at the hds5, and was saving for it. I have never owned a FF before and didnt know if the hds was too much unit to start with. I really like the mark 4 it gives (I think) accurate readings I can see bait with no problem and track my rig to the bottom most of the time. GPS works real well and pinning way points is easy. If you are looking for a good solid entry level unit the mark 4 is a good choice. Having said that I can see upgrading in the next couple of years after I have a better understanding of how to use all of the features. I have the xducer installed using a modified wet mount system and it has worked great.

gupppy 08-23-2012 07:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lowprofile (Post 130446)

you could mount it like mine:

boxturtle 08-23-2012 08:50 AM

thinking the elit 5 fishfinder/chartplotter or the the Elit 5 DSI... but not sure how i would mount the transducer for the DSI since it needs to be in the water.[/QUOTE]

very easy just buy a pa12 :doh: