Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Expensive LJ Lesson (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=26337)

WARRIORMIKE 07-23-2015 03:03 PM

totally sucks, I hate lowlifes like that.

TJones 07-23-2015 03:36 PM

Is this same Kevin tough ex- military ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by octico (Post 234826)
I am really sorry for your loss. Damn that Sucks!!

John if you needs some muscle I can round up my posse, Jaime he's a real tough guy so tough he refused to join TeamSewer. Kevin tough ex-military guy (never catches fish). I was going to offer up Jesse but he's a Navy boy.

Has to be , how many Kevin's could there be that don't catch fish ? ;).

Silbaugh4liberty 07-23-2015 04:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TJones (Post 234844)

Attachment 16182

LEEZO 07-23-2015 06:19 PM

Back in the day when i surfed scripps pier, a lot of cars would constantly get broken into. On one occasion I remember seeing a fellow surfer stomping around the bushes with a 2x4 looking for the culpret. La jolla has degenerates lurking about just like most so cal beaches.

I was out fishing LJ today and took my wallet and vhf to the car. The FF was in the hutch in a dry bag. Everything else was there when i returned. Will not be doing that one any more. Sorry to hear this.

Fishin Phil 07-23-2015 08:22 PM

If you are not with a friend don't trust anyone you don't know to watch your stuff. Keep an eye peeled on craigslist the next week. Sorry you were a victim.

octico 07-24-2015 06:34 AM

Quote:

We have a winner!

RK 07-24-2015 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwood (Post 234824)
I have a hunch the thief also knew the camera has been down.

so go figure.....:toetap05:

Gabe your spot on buddy!!! There was a scumbag lowlife thief that was on this forum and has resurfaced on this forum that stole a mirage drive from a fellow fisherman......

People need to show more respect to other people. I have found people lifting kill bags and looking into personal property only to scurry off, one guy drives a grey or silver suv I think it's a 4Runner biggest launch lurker kook on the planet the other used to drive a maroon Toyota fj I'm pretty sure that clown bailed....

Zero tolerance for thieves....

ful-rac 07-24-2015 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RK (Post 234961)
Gabe your spot on buddy!!! There was a scumbag lowlife thief that was on this forum and has resurfaced on this forum that stole a mirage drive from a fellow fisherman......

People need to show more respect to other people. I have found people lifting kill bags and looking into personal property only to scurry off, one guy drives a grey or silver suv I think it's a 4Runner biggest launch lurker kook on the planet the other used to drive a maroon Toyota fj I'm pretty sure that clown bailed....

Yeah I heard Da Guy was back here on BWE...

Anybody remember his name?

driftwood 07-24-2015 12:10 PM

I know who the guy is RK. Why is it that every time this guy resurfaces thing just mysteriously disappear?

My buddy one day landed with the same guy in La Jolla, and when he got back from getting his car, the guy was gone and my buddy's expensive rod and reel was gone too.

Maybe it's the same thief or maybe not. But as long as this guy is still around my stuff and your stuff is not safe!

Zed 07-24-2015 12:18 PM

Git a rope!

h2ofishfo 07-24-2015 01:27 PM

Well be neighborhood watch and let us know his name on the forum so u can look out after this scadoosh PM? My gear ain't cheap

skrilla 07-24-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RK (Post 234961)

Damn I hope you vigilantes don't target my silver 4Runner. At least not until I switch to full coverage. :p

Mr. NiceGuy 07-24-2015 02:20 PM

If someone is working that area looking for targets of opportunity, it might be fun to set up a beach chair and umbrella as an incognito stakeout.
Volunteers could set up shifts and take turns for the sake of the the community. Stick your GoPro on a stick in the sand under your umbrella for extra evidence.

Sitting at the beach in the shade is not a bad way to spend the day.

When the culprit is caught in the act, give him a suitable and justifiable beat-down then tie him up with an anchor rope and sit on him until the police arrive to arrest him. If he tries to get away, gaff him.

Post the video of your trophy catch in the Manly Man thread :)

bolocop 07-24-2015 02:41 PM

The thief does sound like he knows the in's and out's of a kayak. How would someone know if something is under the center hatch tackle box? Perp must have seen you store your dry bag during launch or you took the dry bag out to grab your keys when you landed and spotted it then?

FISH11 07-24-2015 02:42 PM

I say catch him / them, and cut then down to good size bites for the seals. They have to eat and then they might leave our macs alone.

Silbaugh4liberty 07-24-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. NiceGuy (Post 234992)
If someone is working that area looking for targets of opportunity, it might be fun to set up a beach chair and umbrella as an incognito stakeout.
Volunteers could set up shifts and take turns for the sake of the the community. Stick your GoPro on a stick in the sand under your umbrella for extra evidence.

Sitting at the beach in the shade is not a bad way to spend the day.

When the culprit is caught in the act, give him a suitable and justifiable beat-down then tie him up with an anchor rope and sit on him until the police arrive to arrest him. If he tries to get away, gaff him.

Post the video of your trophy catch in the Manly Man thread :)

Citizens arrest! I like it!

sharonkayak 07-24-2015 03:06 PM

I agree with what's been said so far.
This thief obviously fishes. And if I remember correctly I think the guy
Had his girlfriend helping, when the
Mirage drive got stolen. I also think he got busted for posting the item for sale.
Shady and sad if he's back in action.
I remember fishing a squid bite and someone pointed this guy out to me. That same day some rods went missing.

Don't we have a photo of his truck/suv? I thought it was posted. I think I remember the vehicle was
Gray with stickers.

pbb 07-25-2015 09:26 AM

This is why I just park as close as I can to the launch, and then roll everything to the beach on my kayak with my cart. It's more work, but no one is going to steal my mirage drive, or my rods, or anything.

I've been thinking of rigging a shoulder strap with a loop of wide webbing, so my arms don't have to do as much work pulling the yak.

MrM 07-25-2015 10:35 AM

Quote:

Woah woah woah. Some of us who fit that description havent even been fishing in 3 months. :p

Flyak13 07-25-2015 11:56 AM

If I catch any scumbag stealing from me or another kayaker or attempting to do such I will fuxking hurt you very badly, stay vigilante, and try to keep opportunities for this dirtbag as limited as possible, there is no doubt he's on the page, so fuck you dirtbag