Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Best fishfinder for fishing la jolla (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=30949)

GregAndrew 04-12-2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris138 (Post 278210)
What is that, kelp?!? :D;)

Sand Bass party.

chris138 04-12-2017 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregAndrew (Post 278219)
Sand Bass party.

Dang that's an awesome screenshot... I was guessing :wsb:! But on second look i saw the zoom haha:cheers1:

Sheephead 04-12-2017 06:49 PM

Elite 7ti, super clear sonar and easy to use with many helpful features! I love mine and struggle to tell the difference between GB, spanish, sardines, and everything else when I go back to my hook 5 on the revo.

AngryTurtle 04-14-2017 06:08 AM

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Gabe213 04-14-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris138 (Post 278212)
The elite 4 unit is so solid, I'm surprised you say it died. If i were you, I would be sure to completely rewire your power-supply before you install a new unit. That especially includes the battery box if you use one. The majority of issues are caused by faulty PS, or a bad pin on your lowrance PS cable. You'll get a new "red plug" with your new device, but be sure to test your batteries and wiring. I rewire yak and replace SLA batteries every season. Also keep in mind you will be tripling your amps pretty much. Need at least 12v 12ah for a 7ti to work all day.

A lot of times westmarine will just replace shit, when actually the product being replaced was not the issue to begin with. Customer service is so good, maybe too good haha.

I'm an electrician, so yes I tried everything(even bought a new battery). I own two hobie pro anglers and have had problems with this one unit, but thanks for your two cents.

Gabe213 04-14-2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris138 (Post 278212)
The elite 4 unit is so solid, I'm surprised you say it died. If i were you, I would be sure to completely rewire your power-supply before you install a new unit. That especially includes the battery box if you use one. The majority of issues are caused by faulty PS, or a bad pin on your lowrance PS cable. You'll get a new "red plug" with your new device, but be sure to test your batteries and wiring. I rewire yak and replace SLA batteries every season. Also keep in mind you will be tripling your amps pretty much. Need at least 12v 12ah for a 7ti to work all day.

A lot of times westmarine will just replace shit, when actually the product being replaced was not the issue to begin with. Customer service is so good, maybe too good haha.

I tried everything, im an electrician. I own two new pro anglers with the same fish finders, and one is fed-up. But that's for your stupid remark, get a life and have a good night.

chris138 04-14-2017 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe213 (Post 278307)
I tried everything, im an electrician. I own two new pro anglers with the same fish finders, and one is fed-up. But that's for your stupid remark, get a life and have a good night.

Woah! Sorry Gabe wasn't trying to be a jerk. I mean, you did ask for people's opinion on the internet? I'm trying to help...

I mean the answer is simple, the best fishfinder for la jolla is the best one you can afford, which for you sounds like a lot huh? HDS all the way dooood.

YakDout 04-15-2017 06:32 AM

That took a turn. Seemed to me like chris was just trying to help out? How would he know you are an electrician?

captnblood34 04-15-2017 07:39 AM

ANYWAYS....

Gabe,

I am setting up a Lowrance Elite 5 ti on the Outback right now. If you've ran the 4 then you certainly know you can work with the 5" if the 7" is out of the price range. As an electrician you'll also know the 5" model will be more forgiving on your battery.

ALSO... Lowrance has a $100 mail in rebate offer for the 5 it-7ti models ( and a few others). So if you buy from west marine, you basically score a free 2 year extended warranty and $40 off the unit! Not bad at all.

J

Gabe213 04-15-2017 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris138 (Post 278310)
Woah! Sorry Gabe wasn't trying to be a jerk. I mean, you did ask for people's opinion on the internet? I'm trying to help...

I mean the answer is simple, the best fishfinder for la jolla is the best one you can afford, which for you sounds like a lot huh? HDS all the way dooood.

It's all good brotha, and yes I'm very blessed and thankful. Hard work and long hours let me buy my toys. :cheers1:

da22y 04-17-2017 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris138 (Post 278218)
Guaranteed that's your problem. Now you gotta get that crap off the face of your skimmer and clean it as well as you can. DON'T use sandpaper on the business end of the skimmer. Ideally you want your transducer in the water, a couple inches or more below the surface. Im guessing you don't have a scupper w a transducer mount...
:cheers1:

Yup ! Chris 138 ,
You are right , change the transducer to direct contact to seawater solve 99% of the touch screen problem ( still have system freeze one time).

Have you experience this problem? :
Lost GPS destination direction red line.
When I input waypoint to go to, I got distance to destination, but no
direction red line to follow.
Only after many system shut down/ reboot, I do get those GPS
direction line back.
Thanks

chris138 04-18-2017 11:45 AM

Da22y

Try the hard reset and see if it works.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wYWsq2keMPA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

da22y 04-18-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris138 (Post 278447)
Da22y

Try the hard reset and see if it works.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wYWsq2keMPA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It happened to me many times.
Yes, soft/hard reset will resolve most problems I know.
But , am I the only one experience this problem on Elite Ti ?
Never encountered this on my past GPS combo, HDS, Hook, Dragonfly or Garmin, Humminbird....

Thanks