Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Staying afloat... (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=5177)

fishchaser25 05-30-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DONKEYPUNCH (Post 39122)
Sorry to interrupt your fan club, but how much meat do you need? Fish should only be kept for subsistence. There's a responsibility in being an angler, not to mention a guide. That responsibility is to protect the resource. Do not over-harvest, especially with pre-spawn fish. You can say what you want about numbers released, which don't all survive. Also those targeted, but broken off don't all survive. The bottom line is, keep what you can reasonably use for subsistence, not what you feel you need to prove that you caught by carrying it to the beach to see what it weighs.

the way I see it Josh is well withing his right to harvest 1 fish a day as many times as he wants. he isn't breaking any rules so you need to just back off and keep your stupid comments to yourself. don't get your panties all in a bunch over a fish that you wish you landed. how about you just man up and give credit where credit is do. I dont see you saying anything to those people that keep 2 or more yellows in 1 day. why don't you get off Josh's back and just go fishing

mark kleiter 05-30-2009 09:39 AM

Nice fish! Donkeypunch is in favor of all the closers. :confused:

Matt 05-30-2009 10:07 AM

'tis a BEAST, nice :wsb: bro!

Billy V 05-30-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE (Post 39103)
On this particular day I did something I've never done and something I'll never do again. I used my rudder strap to tie up my rear toggle, in an effort to stop that annoying occasional bump sound (while trying to be deathly quiet ;)).

You lost me here.....
I think you are talking about securing the rear carry handle on the Hobie.

Quality fish you have there.

cioppino 05-30-2009 10:57 AM

PIG!!!!! B U T FULLLLLLL fish.

Fillets off of a fifty pound fish dont last as long as you would think if you dont eat alone. What should he do? Release all his fish then go to the store to pay for wsb fillets? There would be no difference in the amount of fish taken/consumed.

Donkey if you want to worry about people taking too many fish go hassle the commercial guys who take more wsb in one set than Josh will in his lifetime. Better yet go protest at the local grocery store or fish market. If you can get people to stop buying fish all together, commercial guys would stop fishing. Good luck with that donkey.

Congrats again Josh. I am O,fer my last three trips. Gonna put in more time as I am off the next two weeks.

THE DARKHORSE 05-30-2009 10:58 AM

Ahhh, another Hobie angler...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy V (Post 39148)
You lost me here.....
I think you are talking about securing the rear carry handle on the Hobie.

Quality fish you have there.

Exactly Billy, rear carry handle or toggle :dontknow:.

Billy V 05-30-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE (Post 39151)
Exactly Billy, rear carry handle or toggle :dontknow:.

This is going to plague me for the rest of the day.
--Yesterday, for the 1st. time ever, I released the rear toggle from its strap before I launched the kayak at the shores.

I swear to to you its true.
I did it because it would make it easier upon my return through the surf, where I can step off the kayak and more easily grab the rear toggle to walk it through the surf.

I fished the spaghetti from morning, until 7:30 pm last night and did not have the same results as you.

God is in the details.

ratdog 05-30-2009 01:37 PM

Great fish Josh, always a great read and pics. Congrats.

nabeeko 05-30-2009 02:22 PM

how many a year is Ethical??? Please tell me so that I can be ETHICAL...

You unethical fisherman!;)

But as long as you share some of that white meat with me, I promise I won't harrass you...:D
Congrats to you my man!~:cheers1:

kurt 05-30-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Your catching is what inspires our fishing.
So if Josh quit fishing, you would too?:doh:

habanero 05-31-2009 03:16 AM

Nice purple :elefant:

blackcloud9 05-31-2009 08:52 PM

Do Josh's exploits make you want to sell your kayak and tackle, or, tie
some knots and plan your next trip?

License fees help our California DFG team to remain intact, and enforce all
of the stiff regulations that are currently on the books ... like a limit of one
fish per day.

I'm actually wondering .. where is the DFG marketing department? Couldn't
Josh be a posterboy for what's possible (yet far from probable) out there
on a kayak, helping inspire some state license revenue in a time of fiscal
crisis?

To me he seems busy proving that the wsb population is alive and well,
despite any and all current fishing pressure. I'm sold.

And, maybe the limit should be one all year, for HIS SAFETY! :rolleyes: :)

And on behalf of many thousands of local squid and mackerel, I would like
to just say ... THANK YOU Josh!!

Grego 06-01-2009 02:37 PM

Nice catch, especially after spawning.

Dennis 06-01-2009 03:12 PM

:cheers1: Very nice Josh.

bellcon 06-01-2009 04:40 PM

Congrats Josh, on another beautiful fish:cheers1:
And please...
Fellow yakers, with all the MLPA chit going on...
Now is the time to be united...
Lay aside our differences...
We all want the same thing...
Josh just succeeds in getting it done...
On a very regular basis...

“Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.”...Fulton J. Sheen

Let it go...

toadstoadsonly 06-03-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DONKEYPUNCH (Post 39122)
Sorry to interrupt your fan club, but how much meat do you need? Fish should only be kept for subsistence. There's a responsibility in being an angler, not to mention a guide. That responsibility is to protect the resource. Do not over-harvest, especially with pre-spawn fish. You can say what you want about numbers released, which don't all survive. Also those targeted, but broken off don't all survive. The bottom line is, keep what you can reasonably use for subsistence, not what you feel you need to prove that you caught by carrying it to the beach to see what it weighs.

Go hug a tree with PETA, I don't even get to fish LJ since its quite a distance from me I only get to hit the PV kelps. But I still love to read Josh's posts and hope I could get a chance to catch one of those trophy Ghost from the yak one day. Hope MPLA does not close the spot.