Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Thanksgiving ROSSMAN in ASUNCION (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=28913)

makobob 10-31-2016 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 271081)
Not going this year's gonna hurt...:(

Jim

I feel for you, Brother.

romspacenut 10-31-2016 09:50 PM

Sorry Bob, can't make it out this year.

makobob 11-01-2016 09:36 AM

Bummer.

Just Jeff and me. Meeting Paul and his wife and daughter there.

Deamon 11-10-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 271081)
Not going this year's gonna hurt...:( Jim

Ummmm....the door just swung back open!

:sifone::star::bandit::aetsch::elefant::reddy: :hahaha: :driver::hello:

makobob 11-10-2016 03:26 PM

A week from today, Buddha, Jeff, Deamon, Jim and myself will be on our way to Asuncion to spend Thanksgiving with Rossman!!! This will be year 4 for this Asuncion trip. This year we plan on fishing Asuncion Island, San Roque, punta Quebrada and Punta Eugenia. Of course that will depend on weather forcasts for those areas. Ross told me that there have been some bruisers lately. Will be good to see some old friends in Asuncion, catch fish, eat great meals and look for petrified shark teeth. Tight Lines.

WELCOME BACK Brotha. Guess I can leave the driving to you. You can drive MY truck and Jeff and I will ride. Tight Lines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 271728)
Ummmm....the door just swung back open!

:sifone::star::bandit::aetsch::elefant::reddy: :hahaha: :driver::hello:

makobob 11-17-2016 01:23 PM

With Thanksgiving a week away things are getting hetic. Beep, beep and watch out, Jim will be driving a truck loaded for ASUNCION. From here to Gonzaga it will be almost empty, but leaving Gonzaga it will be LOADED. 3 yaks, extra diesel, water, food, 2 smoker/grills, camping and sleeping gear, plus all our fishing stuff. Then add a yak cart for Ross and two quad tires, and goodies for people in Asuncion which includes a jewelry buffer, 2 gallons outboard motor oil, fishing jigs plus two turkeys, it will leave little or NO room for clothes. BUT the extras are what make the trip so much fun. Tight lines, and will see you in December. Happy Holidays.

Mahigeer 11-17-2016 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 272032)
With Thanksgiving a week away things are getting hetic. Beep, beep and watch out, Jim will be driving a truck loaded for ASUNCION. From here to Gonzaga it will be almost empty, but leaving Gonzaga it will be LOADED. 3 yaks, extra deisel, water, food, 2 smoker/grills, camping and sleeping gear, plus all our fishing stuff. Then add a yak cart for Ross and two quad tires, and goodies for people in Asuncion which includes a jewelry buffer, 2 gallons outboard motor oil, fishing jigs plus two turkeys, it will leave little or NO room for clothes. BUT the extras are what make the trip so much fun. Tight lines, and will see you in December. Happy Holidays.

Maybe a rental trailer should be considered. Does Luis have one to loan?

Can you use your boat trailer to carry the kayaks and other stuff? Easier to load and unload.

Just thinking out loud.

Have a safe trip anyways. It will be good to see pictures, but no one seems to take them.

makobob 11-17-2016 01:50 PM

I will take pictures, but do not do well getting them posted...Jim might get a few online for us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahigeer (Post 272033)
Maybe a rental trailer should be considered. Does Luis have one to loan?

Can you use your boat trailer to carry the kayaks and other stuff? Easier to load and unload.

Just thinking out loud.

Have a safe trip anyways. It will be good to see pictures, but no one seems to take them.

rossman 11-17-2016 03:33 PM

No stressing allowed for the next 10 or 15 days. Whatever doesn't fit, we will make do. Yaks and fishing gear are important. The rest is just background noise. Keep it simple.

BTW Anything that Jim is in charge of lashing down.... Check his work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 272032)
With Thanksgiving a week away things are getting hetic. Beep, beep and watch out, Jim will be driving a truck loaded for ASUNCION. From here to Gonzaga it will be almost empty, but leaving Gonzaga it will be LOADED. 3 yaks, extra deisel, water, food, 2 smoker/grills, camping and sleeping gear, plus all our fishing stuff. Then add a yak cart for Ross and two quad tires, and goodies for people in Asuncion which includes a jewelry buffer, 2 gallons outboard motor oil, fishing jigs plus two turkeys, it will leave little or NO room for clothes. BUT the extras are what make the trip so much fun. Tight lines, and will see you in December. Happy Holidays.

makobob 11-17-2016 04:55 PM

YES we will be looking for his camprite the whole way down. Soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 272038)
No stressing allowed for the next 10 or 15 days. Whatever doesn't fit, we will make do. Yaks and fishing gear are important. The rest is just background noise. Keep it simple.

Deamon 11-17-2016 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 272038)

OMFG...thanks for the reminder Ross...besides the Kamprite that was road donated...I lost that 8' Teramar last year at Punta Asuncion...DAMMIT!!!!!

And this Saturday looking to hang with "SeeBad" at the HOW event! :ack2::the_finger::stupid::help::vroam::banghead: :shot: :stoned::reddy::boxing_smiley:

makobob 11-17-2016 07:27 PM

And all this time I thought it was "SeaBad".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 272046)
OMFG...thanks for the reminder Ross...besides the Kamprite that was road donated...I lost that 8' Teramar last year at Punta Asuncion...DAMMIT!!!!!

And this Saturday looking to hang with "SeeBad" at the HOW event! :ack2::the_finger::stupid::help::vroam::banghead: :shot: :stoned::reddy::boxing_smiley:

rossman 11-18-2016 02:09 AM

And don't forget my beloved Crock Pot with road rash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 272046)

Deamon 11-18-2016 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 272049)
And all this time I thought it was "SeaBad".

Well, now you've got me thinking...Never actually seen his driver's license, only heard him called SeeBad...maybe it is SeaBad or CeeBad.

So if it's not SeeBad, can someone tell him to stop holding my arm (or shoulder) whenever we're hanging together? It's always made me feel "uncomfortable". I'm just saying...:the_finger:

erinoo 11-18-2016 07:05 AM

If it makes you feel uncomfortable Jim, I suggest you
Get some play dough or try a coloring book, maybe go to a safe space area..:D

Deamon 11-18-2016 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 272054)
And don't forget my beloved Crock Pot with road rash.

:the_finger::the_finger:

Quote:

Originally Posted by erinoo (Post 272057)

:the_finger::the_finger:

Zed 11-18-2016 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erinoo (Post 272057)

:biggrinjester:

greenscales 11-21-2016 08:27 AM

Want to join you guys

So - after numerous delays w/my once in a lifetime trip to take my yak and 4x4 to the tip of Baja and back, I finally got my 4Runner feeling good enough (new suspension) to make it happen, even though much later in the season thn I like, Then delayed another week w/the flu. I Had originally planned to skip Ascuncion, but w/timing what it is and remembering how much I enjoyed hanging w/you guys last year and parallel timing, I think I want to crash the party for a few days enroute (Bob - sorry I couldn't join your last group in Gonzaga - but shocks had to bet done first). So Rossman - do you have room for one more tent cot?
I am loading the truck up this AM (Monday) w/most everything and will take it up to some local mountain roads to test handling. If all goes well and if no other logistical issues pop up - want to hit the road Tues PM before LA traffic and get as far South as I can then make it the rest of the way By Wed evening. Stay for a few nights and fish for a few days with you guys - then work my way down the coast or over to the Cortez based upon weather. So if you guys are cool w/another one joining you - then let me know if there are any supplies needed from US or Ensenada I can bring and if their is a meal I can help with? Of course Ill be bringing some craft beer to share as well (Double Bastard aged in Laphroig, Bluberry Sour from Progress, and possibly fresh hopped IPAs from Port- if they arent all gone).

Bob - maybe I can hit up Gonzaga on the way back - likely arund the 13th, again weather depending. PM me if you think that might work.

rossman 11-21-2016 04:17 PM

Soory just saw this but absolutely have room for ya here to set up. Hope you are able to get this whereever you are staying this evening.

Ross

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenscales (Post 272115)
So - after numerous delays w/my once in a lifetime trip to take my yak and 4x4 to the tip of Baja and back, I finally got my 4Runner feeling good enough (new suspension) to make it happen, even though much later in the season thn I like, Then delayed another week w/the flu. I Had originally planned to skip Ascuncion, but w/timing what it is and remembering how much I enjoyed hanging w/you guys last year and parallel timing, I think I want to crash the party for a few days enroute (Bob - sorry I couldn't join your last group in Gonzaga - but shocks had to bet done first). So Rossman - do you have room for one more tent cot?
I am loading the truck up this AM (Monday) w/most everything and will take it up to some local mountain roads to test handling. If all goes well and if no other logistical issues pop up - want to hit the road Tues PM before LA traffic and get as far South as I can then make it the rest of the way By Wed evening. Stay for a few nights and fish for a few days with you guys - then work my way down the coast or over to the Cortez based upon weather. So if you guys are cool w/another one joining you - then let me know if there are any supplies needed from US or Ensenada I can bring and if their is a meal I can help with? Of course Ill be bringing some craft beer to share as well (Double Bastard aged in Laphroig, Bluberry Sour from Progress, and possibly fresh hopped IPAs from Port- if they arent all gone).

Bob - maybe I can hit up Gonzaga on the way back - likely arund the 13th, again weather depending. PM me if you think that might work.

greenscales 11-21-2016 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenscales (Post 272115)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenscales 11-21-2016 04:20 PM

Thanks - not Leaving until LA tomorrow. Anything anyone needs from up here - please Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenscales 11-22-2016 10:03 AM

Should see you tomorrow

No Worries Rossman. Wasn't planning to leave until this afternoon. Now delayed until early AM Wednesday. Should make it in a day though.

Again - if anyone needs anything brought down - please let me know. Will be getting last minute supplies, food, and tackle this PM. Figure in Ensenada when businesses open tomorrow morning.

Zed 11-24-2016 08:01 AM

Happy Thanksgiving!

makobob 11-29-2016 03:56 PM

And a great Thanksgiving it was. Ross thank you for your hospitality, Buddha gets a big thumbs up for a very nice Thanksgiving meal, the turkey was perfect and all the sides were great. And thanks to Richard for some awesome craft beers. Jim your driving was FAST and tight, good job. We spent $400 on Diesel, and maybe another $100 each for misc eats, ice, etc so this IS NOT really expensive becaure we slept at Rossman's house, about a block from the beach. Sure was nice to hear the surf at night, made for great sleeping.
ONLY bummer of the trip was I did NOT catch a calico! Tight Lines and Happy Holidays. WE HAD OUR FISHING LICENSES CHECKED

SDROB 11-29-2016 04:59 PM

[QUOTE=makobob; WE HAD OUR FISHING LICENSES CHECKED[/QUOTE]

Did you guys get checked on or off the water?

Somebody was just telling me that you don't need a license to fish from the yak in Mexico. I told them I WOULD NOT RISK IT.

rossman 11-30-2016 02:05 AM

Definitely need one on a kayak. Shore fishing, no, but any vessel yes. We happened to be in a tin boat when we were checked but the yakers were checked too. The guy was cool even though even though a certain rookie on the tin boat, (Bakomob or something like that) had forgotten his in the truck. He was a representative from PESCA and said he would check us again tomorrow if we were out there. They have been checking at the ramp off and on for the last few weeks. I think it's great so show some level of enforcement here. Less than fiddy bucks for a full year is the best fish and game deal that I know of. Plus you will save a few bucks every time you take one of the sportfishing fleet out of San Diego, headed for Mexican waters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDROB (Post 272279)
Did you guys get checked on or off the water?

Somebody was just telling me that you don't need a license to fish from the yak in Mexico. I told them I WOULD NOT RISK IT.

svendawg 11-30-2016 06:25 AM

enough with the smal talk

How about a fishing report for the trip. I want to know what I missed other than a great meal, great company, and great fishing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossman (Post 272291)
Definitely need one on a kayak. Shore fishing, no, but any vessel yes. We happened to be in a tin boat when we were checked but the yakers were checked too. The guy was cool even though even though a certain rookie on the tin boat, (Bakomob or something like that) had forgotten his in the truck. He was a representative from PESCA and said he would check us again tomorrow if we were out there. They have been checking at the ramp off and on for the last few weeks. I think it's great so show some level of enforcement here. Less than fiddy bucks for a full year is the best fish and game deal that I know of. Plus you will save a few bucks every time you take one of the sportfishing fleet out of San Diego, headed for Mexican waters.

PapaDave 12-02-2016 08:51 AM

When's the next trip? To any destination?

makobob 12-02-2016 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaDave (Post 272380)
When's the next trip? To any destination?

28th Dec to Gonzaga for New Years Eve.

octico 12-02-2016 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 272381)
28th Dec to Gonzaga for New Years Eve.

Until when?

makobob 12-02-2016 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by octico (Post 272383)
Until when?

UNTIL you want to go home!!!!! I should be there until the 5-6th.

Mahigeer 12-02-2016 01:43 PM

I always hear about these trips, but don't see any report with pictures from them!

I guess I have to go myself and make one of my looooong reports.

makobob 12-02-2016 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahigeer (Post 272396)
I always hear about these trips, but don't see any report with pictures from them!

I guess I have to go myself and make one of my looooong reports.

THAT works for me.