Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hobie Pro Angler tandem... (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=22665)

makobob 07-16-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 200509)
I think you meant under 52.............. :D

Yes, I heard Hodges

YEA that works, might have to think about one for Las Encantadas after we get the house done. Let's see, peddle from Las Encantadas to Willard/Gonzaga fishing all the way. Spend the night on the beach in Gonzaga, fish all the way back the next day. OR do the 35 miles from Puertocitos to Las Encantadas in 2-3 days beach camping and fishing VIRGIN territory. These boats WILL be AWESOME in the Sea of Cortez. See you later, got to start planning!!!!!

Lets_Fish 07-16-2014 03:40 PM

Hobie link on ProAngler 17T

Specs and all here http://www.hobiecat.com/mirage/mirage-pro-angler-17/

What a beast!

YakDout 07-16-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannowar (Post 200508)
Is that lake hodges?

They caught a couple fish in the video, can't be hodges.

Zed 07-16-2014 04:56 PM

It is definitely the best valued hobie boat in pounds per dollar.

PapaDave 07-17-2014 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 200506)
So with the length to width ratio it should be faster than the PA14 with one person, AND much faster with two. Still might be tuff in the surf zone, but pratice would make it better. The younger crowd, under 50, should have a ball with this, AND what a BAJA machine it would make!!!!!

What you be sayin!? Under 50, says who? :rolleyes:

Iceman 07-26-2014 12:57 PM

Bump! Morgan making it look too easy........and fun!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qw1VE46N3Ts" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sasha 07-26-2014 02:58 PM

At what point a kayak becomes a boat???
I do see that it could be fun to share time with a friend..

rossman 07-26-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasha (Post 201374)

My question is; at what point does a Hobie become a kayak. Certainly does not fit and definition of kayak that I have ever seen.

Gerry 07-26-2014 04:51 PM

At this point, just buy I skiff!!!

Fishwhisperer619 07-26-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerry (Post 201385)
At this point, just buy I skiff!!!

My thoughts exactly

lowprofile 07-27-2014 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasha (Post 201374)

the PA was never classified as a Kayak. ok, it might have been at first but was quickly subject to debate and soon after you couldn't find "Kayak" written anywhere near a PA, except on the forums.

too many people are trying to wrap their heads around the idea of this "huge kayak" instead of just taking it for what it is, a supped up pedal boat ready to take you and your partner practically anywhere inshore and possibly offshore.

PAL 07-27-2014 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannowar (Post 200508)
Is that lake hodges?

The shots with Kevin and his girlfriend were at Barrett. I'm not sure where they filmed Hank Parker and Jackie Slater.

Wintersun 07-27-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 200506)
So with the length to width ratio it should be faster than the PA14 with one person, AND much faster with two. Still might be tuff in the surf zone, but pratice would make it better. The younger crowd, under 50, should have a ball with this, AND what a BAJA machine it would make!!!!!

Dream on. There is this thing called displacment and effort/energy is required to overcome it. This is going to be a 180 lb. boat in the water designed to support 800 lbs. or more. The advantage will be with two independent pedalers on the boat driving it forward. The trick will be using the paddles effectively when the Mirage drive is out of the boat.

As for trailering all the Pro Angler boats are best trailered unless you have a pickup truck and don't mind having all your gear in the cab and go from home to water and back again with no stops where anything not locked down will get stolen.

Hobie has gone outside the box with its TI and PA boats and not been bound by how much weight a person can lift over their head or carry down to the water. That market for boats weighing under 75 lbs. is where 99% of the other manufacturers compete and Hobie wisely created their own market where they really do not have any competition at all, much like with the Hobie Cat sailboats.

The PA17 is for protected waters. I cannot imaging two guys in the ocean with the boat turtled being able to right it again and make it back to shore. It is an alternative to a bass boats and skiffs out on lakes and inland waters. The PA17 with its trailer will cost less than the outboard motor alone on a fishing boat.

Put it on a Hobie trailer and it can be pulled along and launched with a Subaru station wagon or even a Honda Fit. Lighter boats can be carried on much lighter trailers. The PA17 with its trailer will weigh half of what the trailer alone weighed that I used with my 17' Boston Whaler.

johnnyblaze2009 07-27-2014 10:32 AM

I seen one yesterday on top of a truck around Miramar area. I didn't think they were out yet so I was in disbelief until my girlfriend confirmed on the side it said mirage 17 or whatever they say. It looked cool, but for that price, hmmm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oxbeast1210 07-29-2014 03:46 PM

Looks like one guide is already using it...
http://m.kayakfishmag.com/featured-c...ro-angler-17t/

makobob 07-29-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 200348)
Might make a good guide boat!

Yea, I thought I said that back when this boat was first announced. Hindsite is so awesome. I still keep seeing one in my BAJA dreams.

Iceman 10-24-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Yup. Article says it's the livewell XL
Just got an update on when XL will be available. March 2015 :D

ctfphoto 10-24-2014 03:12 PM

Take out the front seat, rig it for sleeping, build a custom zippered tent top.

Put the clicker on, take a nap.

FISH11 10-24-2014 07:46 PM

Hey Chris don't forget a 20HP outboard.