Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   GONZAGA in OCTOBER (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=24809)

makobob 03-08-2015 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socalkayak (Post 221030)
I would like to go in Oct. I went june last years solo. Fun and ya solo not the smartest thing. Fishing was good but oh man the heat was seriously no joke. Slept in my truck one night running all night to have A.C.. it was like 103. So oct sounds much beter. Are killer whales there at that time

We have whale sharks, but I have not seen a killer whale here.

Baja_Traveler 03-09-2015 10:15 AM

Oh why did I schedule a trip to Puerto Morelos that week. Just wasn't thinking I guess...
Hopefully something's going on in November I can have a shot at.

makobob 03-09-2015 10:50 AM

This trip is NOT FULL.

If we can get a septic tank installed before then we can bring down a couple more people

buddha 03-09-2015 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 221162)
This trip in now full, Paddleman aka Pete will be coming. There were 10+ pound orange mouth corvina around this last week.

I went fishing with Defjack today and he said that he wanted to go. I guess you can put him on the waiting list.

makobob 03-09-2015 12:37 PM

I missed up Paddleman was not in on this trip. DEFJACK can Definately come.

makobob 03-09-2015 12:53 PM

UPDATED

Robert, aka Mr Puka Shell, you are in.
Brandon, aka YakDout, you are in.
Sven, aka Svendawg you are always in.
Jeff, aka Buddha you are in.
Danjor you are in.
Jack, aka Defjack you are in.
SoCalKayak you are in.

THIS should be the best trip of the year.
We can take a couple more people but we need to get a septic tank and bathroom installed first. That will be our April and May project for this year.

YakDout 03-09-2015 01:14 PM

I would like to reiterate my offer to drive one person, kayak and gear included. Again, I live in temecula. Split gas/ probably around $150.

defjack 03-09-2015 02:42 PM

Im looking forward to this trip.I have been working on some bucktails that should catch anything without getting chewed by the Triggers. I might make up a few extras but im sure no one would be interested. Jack

makobob 03-09-2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defjack (Post 221206)
Im looking forward to this trip.I have been working on some bucktails that should catch anything without getting chewed by the Triggers. I might make up a few extras but im sure no one would be interested. Jack

YES RIGHT, Jack check out new thread HOW to CATCH

Catching Fish or FISHERMEN.

Your choice.

makobob 03-15-2015 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler (Post 221144)
Oh why did I schedule a trip to Puerto Morelos that week. Just wasn't thinking I guess...
Hopefully something's going on in November I can have a shot at.

Kai, I guess i have to drop a BOMB on you guys, must I post moore often? So for NOVEMBER of 2015 here is what is going on.

ASUNCION #3
This will be our 3rd trip to Asuncion, yes it is a full moon trip. We can leave 21-22-or 23 November and return on the 3rd of December. Might try to take a turkey to Ross. Expect big YT and mucho Calico's if Ross has not fished them out! I will post this trip this week.

Baja_Traveler 03-16-2015 09:36 AM

OK - I'm going to pencil this one in and inform the boss now. Hopefully by then I won't even be in L.A. Anymore...

easyday 03-16-2015 11:34 AM

I really want to get on one of these trips....

makobob 03-16-2015 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 221102)
We have whale sharks, but I have not seen a killer whale here.

Josh, nothing is stopping you except your self, your boss, your wife, your other interests and who knows what else.

Guy's if you really want to do a trip YOU and only YOU can make it happen. If you make it a high priority you can do it. If not you will be 75 and wonder what happened to all your DREAMS. Someone else lived them, maybe it was Rossman and Makobob. Put it off a year, then your wife is PG and guess what? 10 years pass before you can even think about it again. At least YOU have someone you can blame. LIFE GETS in the way, ALWAYS. Tight lines.

easyday 03-16-2015 12:02 PM

Yea if I could afford to take the days off of work I would totally be down. I can get the days off, just can't afford to lose a weeks pay.

YakDout 03-16-2015 12:05 PM

I save some PTO every year strictly for Baja. It's worth it.

easyday 03-16-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 221968)
I save some PTO every year strictly for Baja. It's worth it.

Yea....I don't get that. Also not to sure how big of a fan I am heading into Mexico..... Not exactly the best place to be right now. Especially because I cant be armed.

YakDout 03-16-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easyday (Post 221970)
Yea....I don't get that. Also not to sure how big of a fan I am heading into Mexico..... Not exactly the best place to be right now. Especially because I cant be armed.

Hate to say it man but if that's you're thinking then you may never be able to enjoy Baja. Regardless of vacation time...

Mahigeer 03-17-2015 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danjor (Post 220945)
I'm intrested. I wanted to get on a trip last year but never did. This is a long way out and I don't know what the future holds but I would like to go

Me too. Talking to Momo at the Catalina Mole this past weekend, got me all excited.

I do however am concern about lack of language and driving in Mexico.

Any ride sharing plans in the work?

Quote:

Originally Posted by YakDout (Post 221192)
I would like to reiterate my offer to drive one person, kayak and gear included. Again, I live in temecula. Split gas/ probably around $150.

Lets get in touch via PM. Thanks.

makobob 03-21-2015 01:09 PM

[QUOTE=Mahigeer;222290]Me too. Talking to Momo at the Catalina Mole this past weekend, got me all excited.

I do however am concern about lack of language and driving in Mexico.

Any ride sharing plans in the work?

Nice talking with you last night, hope I got you squared away, if not call again. Thank you. We will get together soon.

Mahigeer 03-25-2015 02:54 PM

Thanks Bob for your time.

As we get closer, I will talk to Momo and see what I/we can do.

I would love to drive with you if at all possible. If it is, I am 90% go as of now.