Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   SHARKA-HALI-RAY (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=19290)

DanaPT 08-20-2013 06:04 AM

nice beast of a fish.

Salty Dog 08-20-2013 08:09 AM

Uugghhhmmm!!! I like me them screamin', 14 year-old girls with Bieber Fever:p

Old Man in the Sea 08-20-2013 08:52 AM

ohhhh Yea!!!!!!! jackpot!!!

awesome = the blood curdling girl scream
nice barndoor = halibut

Jellyfish 08-20-2013 11:08 AM

dam thats a big halibut congrats!

stephenG 08-20-2013 03:48 PM

Holy shit!!!, I don't even know what I'd do when that monster came to the color.

Fiskadoro 08-20-2013 04:07 PM

YES!!!!

seaquinn 08-20-2013 05:52 PM

Yowza! I was just reading a post about how to land a halibut..... that must have been one HECK of a challenge to land!

I actually lost a lot of sleep one night picturing landing something like that.

You the man! And I love your current avatar, she is hot!

Great job!

lamb 08-20-2013 06:34 PM

Just AWESOME!!!

Big time congrats Jorge!

:notworthy:

ericko 08-20-2013 10:32 PM

All this praise hope it doesn't goto your head. lol

Must say having the front row seat to you putting it to sleep impressive..

butt master

undrH2Ohntr 08-21-2013 07:09 PM

Wow...fish of a lifetime, congrat's.

jorluivil 08-21-2013 08:37 PM

I took a chapter out of Tony's video editing, not quite as good as his but it'll do:D

LakersFan 08-21-2013 09:17 PM

Great Fish and Great Job on the video too.:luxhello:

Im bent 08-21-2013 09:50 PM

that is a bueaty I take my hat off to you.How many thoughts race into your mind when you have that thing in sight ? I have never caught anything spectacular but what I have caught still provides for a huge adrenaline rush.
seeing that fish inspires me I have been hitting the kelp like crazy here in cbad.
any tips u could throw my way would be well appreciated. :jig:

jorluivil 08-22-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Im bent (Post 167685)
that is a bueaty I take my hat off to you.How many thoughts race into your mind when you have that thing in sight ? I have never caught anything spectacular but what I have caught still provides for a huge adrenaline rush.
seeing that fish inspires me I have been hitting the kelp like crazy here in cbad.
any tips u could throw my way would be well appreciated. :jig:

Fish until your arms fall off and when they do stitch them back on and fish some more.

Deamon 08-22-2013 07:46 AM

You caught that...there? Geez, I always thought Fred Hall tore down his kids fishing pond when the show ended...:the_finger:

maui jim 08-22-2013 07:51 AM

FRIGGEN' SWEET ! ! ! ! !:cool:

jorluivil 08-22-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 167701)
You caught that...there? Geez, I always thought Fred Hall tore down his kids fishing pond when the show ended...:the_finger:

Cabrillo is a tuff place to fish:

countless clueless private boaters
seadoos/jetski's running amuck
sailboats constantly going in and out of the marina
quadzillion lizard fish
2-3 foot wakes from the ships that are going in/out
average of 10-15 mph winds blowing you away from the launch
seals(I've actually had more issues with seals at cabrillo than any other location)
the worst part of it is the fact that they were dreadging and dumping and now what used to be is no longer

Deamon 08-22-2013 10:43 AM

:notworthy: When I first got the addiction on this plastic boating thing and found BWE Jorge-man, you were already pounding butts AND sharing your info to all who would listen. It couldn't have been caught by a more deserved fisherman. Jim

kobra 08-22-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 167711)
:notworthy: When I first got the addiction on this plastic boating thing and found BWE Jorge-man, you were already pounding butts AND sharing your info to all who would listen. It couldn't have been caught by a more deserved fisherman. Jim

Amen!!! You da man George. :you_rock:

jorluivil 08-22-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deamon (Post 167711)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobra (Post 167734)
Amen!!! You da man George. :you_rock:

Awwwww. When i see you guys I'm giving you a man hug.

A lot of What I know I learned from watching videos on YouTube, doing searches on Google for halibut rigs, asking guys like Greg, Tony, Roby or Matt(yes, I said Matt ) questions about What works and What doesn't work for them. Unfortunately, the answer is that there is no answer, What works for one may not work for another. One thing that I can say that everyone of them(including me) does on a consistent basis is that they/I spend a lot of time on the water, and that my amigo, you cannot put a price on.