Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TV, Pac Warriors (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=27444)

Dirty Curti 10-26-2015 10:17 AM

I watch the JIM SAMMONS show, I've seen about 10 of the shows and it's mostly lakes & streams I was hoping for more of his ocean explorations. I think out of those 10 only one had ocean fishing. But way to many commercials.

I like Jim though so I will continue to watch it. Lot's of good info.

maquinapescado 10-26-2015 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momo fish (Post 245580)
Anyone pick up the setup when using dead bait that makes it appear to swim like a live bait ?

I don't think it works well with mackerel, but I have rigged ballyhoo a bunch. The key elements are a swivel 3-5' from the hook, a ringed hook and the techniques used to rig the ballyhoo itself.

Run your finger and thumb down the belly several times to squeeze all the feces/excrement out, thoroughly break the back by bending it it rather firmly at many points from behind the gills to the tail, bend it in a wave like motion until it is very flimsy, stuff a one ounce sinker and tie in place by crisscrossing under the gills (I always used dental floss but there is fancy stuff specifically for it) and away you go.

I am sure there are youtube videos for it. I don't think mackerel will work as well. Lots of people still just bimini-twist their leader to main line and straight hook, rather than ring hook and swivel though.

Maybe I will dust off my GoPro and make a video next time I go Marlin fishing and actually rig some.

Geno Machino 10-26-2015 11:31 AM

Loved it! What's not too...catching big fish, new technics, beautiful scenery. I take the show with a grain of salt on the action/cut in shots but besides that - it gives me motivation to get out there a catch something big and if I do how these guys get them into there kayaks is informative, also.

Geno

kjsdad619 10-26-2015 11:42 AM

I liked it, 4 y/o daughter liked it..I understand some of the editing was booty but I'll take this show over any other show on T.V. right now...who we kidding, I'm sure all of us would rather be on the water...but this will tide me over in the meantime.:cheers1:

kjsdad619 10-26-2015 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geno Machino (Post 245731)
Loved it! What's not too...catching big fish, new technics, beautiful scenery. I take the show with a grain of salt on the action/cut in shots but besides that - it gives me motivation to get out there a catch something big and if I do how these guys get them into there kayaks is informative, also.

Geno

:cheers1: Agreed Geno!

Ro12 10-26-2015 07:00 PM

Ro1 and son Ro2 liked it
So Ro12 will keep watching for now

Iceman 10-31-2015 07:46 AM

Is Kimi in a Scrambler or a Trident......com on editors! The narrator is starting to come off like what a good Southpark satire would sound like.........still watching. Last night's show was just OK. Jon Jon should have pulled out a grenade!

MITCHELL 10-31-2015 08:13 AM

Way better than Naked and afraid that show grosses me out...don't see what people see in naked people suffering in a swamp or ect...ect..especially when I sit down eat dinner in front of the TV

Iceman 10-31-2015 08:16 AM

SoCal needs to be represented!

http://www.discovery.com/pw-board/?u...acificwarriors

ful-rac 10-31-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 246200)
Is Kimi in a Scrambler or a Trident......com on editors! The narrator is starting to come off like what a good Southpark satire would sound like.........still watching. Last night's show was just OK. Jon Jon should have pulled out a grenade!

Hey bro....I'm not gonna tell you again...you can't fish here...

You got 10 minutes to pack up your shit and leave....or else!

Tandem Assassin 10-31-2015 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ful-rac (Post 246203)

The "brotherhood" is way over played and turns my stomach - I would of dropped him...Try that at LJ..

momo fish 10-31-2015 10:34 AM

And a 35 pound Ono that she easily threw aboard.. Hmmm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 246200)

ful-rac 10-31-2015 10:38 AM

Oh yeah...how about, 15 pound dorado.....cha ching! $100 bucks...

Yeah right....!

jorluivil 10-31-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ful-rac (Post 246203)

You sure they weren't in Malibu?

Iceman 10-31-2015 10:50 AM

I heard the Malibu crew is working on a show deal........with the 1 condition, just can't air the catches for 3 years:D

jorluivil 10-31-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 246208)
I heard the Malibu crew is working on a show deal........with the 1 condition, just can't air the catches for 3 years:D

Hahahahahahaha.......good one iceman! !!!

skrilla 10-31-2015 11:43 AM

Those braddahs must be cracking up right now hurricane popcorn in hand. :D

momo fish 10-31-2015 12:17 PM

I needed a good laugh today !! And after 3 years don't forget you still can't mention the word Malibu..

That's some straight out BS.. I'm sure if the guy wasn't 6'2 300 pounds he would not have the balls to tell a little guy to leave..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 246208)

Dirty Curti 10-31-2015 02:30 PM

Still fun to watch but...What's with the editing on the rods & reels??? Show him cranking on a conventional and then a coffee grinder...figure it out.

And then he rolls his kayak in bumpy water, apparently sharks all around, and then climbs aboard and it's glassy and no sharks anywhere.

Rambo 10-31-2015 04:30 PM

It's a low budget reality show with all these clip chop and put together. I saw the same thing, just like you guys, at one moment you see the coffee grinder scream and then you see the conventional reel on the fish. :confused: