Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2017 GONZAGA on the FLY 2017 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=30199)

stevie951 07-20-2017 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 283166)
CONFIRMED

Put me down for week 1 please and thank you sir, can't miss this one!! P.s. in the mean time let me know if I can save up anything to bring down to Clementina and Luis for the family! Talk to you soon Bob :cheers1:

makobob 07-20-2017 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevie951 (Post 283168)
Put me down for week 1 please and thank you sir, can't miss this one!! P.s. in the mean time let me know if I can save up anything to bring down to Clementina and Luis for the family! Talk to you soon Bob :cheers1:

Done and welcome abourd.

Baja_Traveler 07-21-2017 05:49 AM

I WILL be there first week. How many days is still yet to be determined...

makobob 08-16-2017 09:51 AM

2 MONTHS out. Guys please make this easier on me. PLEASE confirm your trip. I will be in camp from the 15th until the end of the month. ROOSTERS are in the area, Will it be as good as last year? I doubt it but you never know. Right now I heard of dorado in BOLA so it could be another GREAT season. The gregor is running great so we have a safety boat this year.

I need each of you to CONFIRM......also we need to get our dinner meals planned who and what and where, I will host a seafood dinner eack week. Tight Lines amigos tha thank you all.

MrPukaShell 08-16-2017 12:20 PM

Hey Bob,
I will be down for both weeks this year. Not sure when I will arrive on the first week as of right now. Take off the PukaShell+ for week one. I will talk to Serop about week two and get back to you.

makobob 08-16-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPukaShell (Post 284504)
Hey Bob,
I will be down for both weeks this year. Not sure when I will arrive on the first week as of right now. Take off the PukaShell+ for week one. I will talk to Serop about week two and get back to you.

Thank you Robert, week one - one, week two still Serop. Mahigeer and EOD still need to confirm for first week. Week one has room for 2-3 more anglers. If everyone on week two confirms that week will be full. Tight Lines amigos. If YOU are NOT coming please let me know so others might get a chance to attend. REMEMBER this is usually the VERY BEST time of the year to fish Gonzaga.

makobob 08-17-2017 07:02 AM

Alert opening for WEEK 2

There is ONE opening for WEEK 2 of this trip. Brandon (YakDout) will not be able to attend this year. SOOOOO, someone gets a chance to gobble up his spot. There is room on WEEK 1. Or you can put your name on the STANDBY list for week 2. As I said LAST year and the year before this could be the trip of a lifetime. VERY few people have seen the kind of ROOSTER fishing we had last year, any where in the world. This year could be the same, an 80 pounder was seen at the island last month. Also expect to see Yellowtail, skipjack tuna, bass, cabrilla, snappers, triggers, and orange mouth corvina, along with other exotics maybe even dorado or if you are good enough a big grouper. You should also see some turtles, whales and maybe even swim with a whale shark. Bring your free dive gear and enjoy some great possibilities. Tight Lines amigos.

Gr8fuldude 08-17-2017 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 284499)
2 MONTHS out. Guys please make this easier on me. PLEASE confirm your trip.
I need each of you to CONFIRM......also we need to get our dinner meals planned who and what and where, I will host a seafood dinner eack week. Tight Lines amigos tha thank you all.

Hey Roberto!

I'm confirming for second week, willing to share dinner at the restaurant (pescado) with someone. Looking forward to it, amigo!

makobob 08-17-2017 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gr8fuldude (Post 284544)
Hey Roberto!

I'm confirming for second week, willing to share dinner at the restaurant (pescado) with someone. Looking forward to it, amigo!

Paul you are COMFIRMED, now as to your being on time for dinner, you made no promise for this trip, so you are safe to come in late for dinner.

Domtesta27 you and your friend are CONFIRMED. GUYS there is now a waiting list for WEEK 2. WEEK 1 still has 3 spots available. Still NEED everyone to confirm PLEASE. Tight Lines amigos.

Mahigeer 08-18-2017 08:38 AM

Bob,

I sent you a PM today.

Not sure if I can make it, so my spot is available if needed and anybody wants it.

If I can take care of some issues, I will ask if there is room at the "inn".

In my case sand!! Since I use a tent.

makobob 08-18-2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahigeer (Post 284635)
Bob,

I sent you a PM today.

Not sure if I can make it, so my spot is available if needed and anybody wants it.

If I can take care of some issues, I will ask if there is room at the "inn".

In my case sand!! Since I use a tent.

Got Lot's of sand arkadash.

Get Hammered 08-29-2017 04:18 AM

I will be there week 2.

Serop

makobob 08-31-2017 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Get Hammered (Post 285163)
I will be there week 2.

Serop

GOOD for you, I will see you there. YOU guys NEED to confirm so others can have any unused spots. Thanks,TIGHT LINES.

makobob 09-02-2017 02:36 PM

Still waiting for some CONFIRMATIONS, Just a little over a month away. Absolutely the best time of the year for Baja. Weather should be cool enough and last week the winds were 5 mph all week. PERFECT for the island, and remember the Gregor skiff is there for emergency purposes.

Anglers are:
Week 1
Makobob CONFIRMED
Mahigeer
EOD CONFIRMED
EOD+ CONFIRMED
Baja_Traveler CONFIRMED
MrPukaShell CONFIRMED
Sivak CONFIRMED
Sivak+ CONFIRMED
Stevie951 CONFIRMED

Week 2
Makobob CONFIRMED
MrPukaShell CONFIRMED
Serop CONFIRMED
Gr8fuldude CONFIRMED
Mike Scales CONFIRMED
Mike's little brother CONFIRMED
Fish-on-bro
Pdr1269
Domesta27 CONFIRMED
Domtesta27 friend CONFIRMED
Sivak CONFIRMED
Sivak+ CONFIRMED
Monstahfish CONFIRMED

Hope you all can make it to camp, Tight Lines amigos.

John M 09-07-2017 07:22 AM

Bob
I am not going to be able to make the trip, so the 3 spots I had reserved for the 2nd week are up for grabs.
Going to be out of the country for those 2 weeks.
Wish I could do your trip. Had a great time last year.

John

Mahigeer 09-08-2017 06:58 AM

One more obstacle has been removed.

My new personalized license plates are in for the new 4Runner.

I had to have them for the Sentri card.

Still working on other issues before I can confirm.

monstahfish 09-08-2017 10:12 PM

Hey Bob,
I will probably make it for week 2 so I'll take one of those open spots.

Mike scales 09-11-2017 06:02 AM

My bro and I are definitely in!
Ready for rooster madness!

makobob 09-12-2017 07:25 AM

Lots have confirmed for Gonzaga on the fly. Going to be great again. Just back from there last night. Had ROOSTERS driving mullet on our beach 3 days in a row, some 25-30 pounders. Had reports of 2 different marlin spotted from two different groups on different days. Gonzaga itself seems to be more active then Punto Buefo. Tight Lines.

Mahigeer 09-14-2017 07:14 AM

Any damage report?

makobob 09-14-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahigeer (Post 285898)
Any damage report?

All is well in Mako-ville and our area. Tight Lines amigos. Remember mako-ville.com !!!

Druko 09-14-2017 11:28 AM

I'm planning on fishing Gonzaga on my way back from Abreojos/Asuncion, arriving on Thursday, Oct 19th and fishing Fri/Sat and heading home Sunday morning.

makobob 09-14-2017 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druko (Post 285933)
I'm planning on fishing Gonzaga on my way back from Abreojos/Asuncion, arriving on Thursday, Oct 19th and fishing Fri/Sat and heading home Sunday morning.

We will be in camp 15-30 Oct, stop by for a while, say hello and stay the night. Tight Lines amigo.

Druko 09-14-2017 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 285934)
We will be in camp 15-30 Oct, stop by for a while, say hello and stay the night. Tight Lines amigo.

For sure I will. Hopefully, SDROB will be able to make it down next month.....Rob?

SDROB 09-14-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druko (Post 285936)
For sure I will. Hopefully, SDROB will be able to make it down next month.....Rob?

Ill definitely be down next month, (more than likely twice) however Im still unsure of the days. Ill let you know as October nears...

Dannowar 09-14-2017 03:29 PM

thinking about a weekday getaway around oct 1-4

BOB put me to work

anything i can do to help...

monstahfish 09-14-2017 03:40 PM

Do we have a dinner schedule all done up yet? If it's full, Bob just let me know what the place needs and I will make it happen.

makobob 09-14-2017 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monstahfish (Post 285951)
Do we have a dinner schedule all done up yet? If it's full, Bob just let me know what the place needs and I will make it happen.

I just assume..............I will host one dinner for eack week, you guys need to get together and decide the schedule. I do have a small freezer in camp and there is another one at the restaurant, so we can freeze our meats. Tight Lines amigos.

makobob 09-23-2017 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makobob (Post 285952)
I just assume..............I will host one dinner for eack week, you guys need to get together and decide the schedule. I do have a small freezer in camp and there is another one at the restaurant, so we can freeze our meats. Tight Lines amigos.

Tomorrow night I head back to Gonzaga, expect a fishing update on the 3-4 th of October. Tight Lines amigos.

Mahigeer 09-23-2017 11:52 AM

Looks like I am in for the first week and partially the second week.

makobob 09-23-2017 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahigeer (Post 286376)
Looks like I am in for the first week and partially the second week.

You got that right, you have been CONFIRMED Arkadash.

domtesta27 09-29-2017 01:26 PM

Hey anybody driving down for week 2 on sunday the 22nd? It would be great if we could caravan down with any other groups through mexico just for safety reasons.

We will probably be trying to cross the border just after 6 am in Mexicali, meeting up at the gas station around 5 to 5 30 am on sunday before the crossing for anyone that wants to meet up.

Tight lines and cant wait for another amazing trip to Punta Bufeo!!!

Mahigeer 09-29-2017 04:31 PM

I will be at the shell on Sunday to caravan, but plan to leave by myself mid-week of second week.

makobob 10-05-2017 12:43 PM

Dave Sivak and Makobob will arrive in mako-ville around noon on the 14th of OCTOBER for OCTOBER on the FLY. All indicators are looking great. Roosters on our beach from 5-40 lbs. Corvina, bass, triggers, skipjck, cabrilla and snapper in the area, marlin spotted two weeks ago. Yes YOU can. Space still available. Tight Lines amigos.

fishnstix 10-05-2017 01:20 PM

Senior Mako...add me to the week 2 list. I think I will drive down solo on 10/21 and head back on Sunday 10/29. Anything needed down there? If anyone wants to tag along or follow let me know...cant wait to hear that O dark 30 alarm clock rooster next door to you LOL

makobob 10-05-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishnstix (Post 286797)
Senior Mako...add me to the week 2 list. I think I will drive down solo on 10/21 and head back on Sunday 10/29. Anything needed down there? If anyone wants to tag along or follow let me know...cant wait to hear that O dark 30 alarm clock rooster next door to you LOL

ADDED, rooster just Baja Tested and he PASSED. Every morning about 4 am. Just like clock work. SEA you in camp amigo.

makobob 10-05-2017 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishnstix (Post 286797)

You have been added, tight Lines amigo.

Mahigeer 10-05-2017 07:30 PM

Is there 120v power available at the patio at night?

Anybody wants to meet at the Shell station at 5:00-5:30 on Sunday the 15th?

makobob 10-06-2017 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahigeer (Post 286814)
Is there 120v power available at the patio at night?

Anybody wants to meet at the Shell station at 5:00-5:30 on Sunday the 15th?

120 vac and 12 vdc both available on the patio. Better to use in the day but works at night too.See you there arkadash.

Mahigeer 10-06-2017 10:15 AM

Thanks for the reply.

If no one is meeting me on Sunday, I may come on Saturday.

Same place , same time on Saturday?