Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   2017 GONZAGA on the FLY 2017 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=30199)

makobob 10-10-2017 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahigeer (Post 286846)
Thanks for the reply.

If no one is meeting me on Sunday, I may come on Saturday.

Same place , same time on Saturday?

Saturday I will get to Johnnys at 3:30 am and leave at 4 am sharp. Dave Sivak taking his boat and we might have to stop going in at the import area. Takes about 30 minutes. Hope to see you at Johnnys. PS YOR bad area in the road was good two weeks ago. Tight Lines.

Baja_Traveler 10-10-2017 12:10 PM

I'm going to leave my house at 4am, so I'll probably see you all at the border crossing if you have to stop - I'll be 1/2 hour behind you. If not we'll cross paths in San Felipe...

MrPukaShell 10-10-2017 12:22 PM

I will be down on Monday the 16th and stay till the 30th. I will do dinner at the restaurant on Wednesday of each week. I will be bringing down a pork butt to have them make chile verde for each of the nights. Paul if you are still looking for a partner I am in. Can't wait to see you all.

Gr8fuldude 10-10-2017 07:50 PM

Sounds good Robert Puka Shell

Hey Robert Puka partnering up on dinner sounds great, thanks for the offer. Let me know what else you might want me to pick up for dinner. I'm coming in on the 20th Friday and staying until maybe the 27th. Looking forward to it:cheers1:

makobob 10-11-2017 09:09 AM

Weather reports are showing GREAT weather. Mostly 80's day and 70's night, except for Sunday afternoon(17) mph winds are almost all between 5-10 for the first week, and I expect the same for week two. Fish tacos anyone. Tight Lines amigos.

Mahigeer 10-11-2017 07:15 PM

Had a hell of the time mounting my Helavator on the 4Runner today.

Full report about it later.

Gr8fuldude 10-12-2017 09:46 PM

camping on the island

I'll be coming in on the 20 or 21 and staying until the 27 or 28th. I'm bringing gear to camp out on the island a night or two, if any adventurous souls want to join you are certainly welcome.

domtesta27 10-13-2017 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gr8fuldude (Post 287070)
I'll be coming in on the 20 or 21 and staying until the 27 or 28th. I'm bringing gear to camp out on the island a night or two, if any adventurous souls want to join you are certainly welcome.

DDDDAAAAMMMMMNNNNN Paul that is Ballzy!!!! I'M IN!!!!

makobob 10-13-2017 11:46 AM

Loading up as we speak, 13 hours till lift off. Sea you guys there. Tight Lines amigos.

Mahigeer 10-13-2017 01:30 PM

I have been loading up the 4Runner since 9:00 AM and only half way through.

After all the work and great expense (new car, etc.) fish better be waiting with open mouths to take whatever I am offering.

Lots to do for me to make one of these trips.

See you guys in camp.

Gr8fuldude 10-13-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domtesta27 (Post 287089)
DDDDAAAAMMMMMNNNNN Paul that is Ballzy!!!! I'M IN!!!!

Awesome Dom! Fishnstix said he's interested and I think Dave Sivak may be in also, there might be a decent group wanting to do it. It'd be fun to fish the evening bite out there
:cheers1:

stevie951 10-13-2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gr8fuldude (Post 287115)
Awesome Dom! Fishnstix said he's interested and I think Dave Sivak may be in also, there might be a decent group wanting to do it. It'd be fun to fish the evening bite out there
:cheers1:

Paul, get on those combs for me brother... :cheers1::notworthy:

domtesta27 10-13-2017 04:32 PM

Paul knows all about comb city, caught a brute last year!! Hopefully we get into em again!!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6cecd40096.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YakDout 10-13-2017 04:56 PM

Trump land as we were calling it on the radio. Comb-over.

Gr8fuldude 10-13-2017 07:35 PM

Lol, thanks Dom. Last year was brute city, truly epic. Dom I'm looking for the awesome pic I took of one of your Roosters on the yak.

I understand you're coming back with a beefier fly rod this time. You'll get 'em on the fly this year!

Can't wait!

domtesta27 10-13-2017 07:43 PM

This is my favorite one......I can’t figure out how to zoom it in but my face there says it all on this one cloud nine for a couple months lol
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b76d9a57e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mahigeer 10-13-2017 08:23 PM

Leaving in few minutes.

If anybody is looking into buying a Helavator kayak lift.

Wait unit you see my report in a couple of week.

Do yourself a favor and wait.

Mahigeer 10-26-2017 07:27 AM

Got back yesterday. Will post a short report later.

Too hot. Small fish for me on kayak and surf.

Others who got to ride the boat/s to the island did much better.

New 4Runner was a dream. Thule Helavator not too impressive.

Sivak 10-28-2017 07:35 PM

Mako Bob Update

Guys, after I left camp about 10 minutes later Bob start his hiccupping again and then 20 minutes later he started to vomit. The frequency of his hiccups increased and he had a bit of a hard time breathing. I drove FAST the whole way until we got to the hospital. Rushed him into the ER and they took him in pretty quick. I stayed with him for about 2 hours as they ran tests on his heart, blood, did xrays etc.... Bob called me this morning and he still had the hiccups and told me he has an infection in his foot again and the doctor was supposed to visit him this afternoon. Has not slept much the the last two days. I sent some reading glasses and books to the hospital for him today. Hopefully his recovery will be much faster this time and they can do something for his relentless hiccups.

Rossman, Bob will not make the trip for Thanksgiving. He feels really bad about it but his health won't allow him to travel.

SDROB 10-28-2017 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sivak (Post 287458)
Guys, after I left camp about 10 minutes later Bob start his hiccupping again and then 20 minutes later he started to vomit. The frequency of his hiccups increased and he had a bit of a hard time breathing. I drove FAST the whole way until we got to the hospital. Rushed him into the ER and they took him in pretty quick. I stayed with him for about 2 hours as they ran tests on his heart, blood, did xrays etc.... Bob called me this morning and he still had the hiccups and told me he has an infection in his foot again and the doctor was supposed to visit him this afternoon. Has not slept much the the last two days. I sent some reading glasses and books to the hospital for him today. Hopefully his recovery will be much faster this time and they can do something for his relentless hiccups.

Rossman, Bob will not make the trip for Thanksgiving. He feels really bad about it but his health won't allow him to travel.

Holy crap! I didn't know Bob was in the hospital... Hope he's okay. Thanks for the update.