Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   General Kayak Fishing Discussion (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   When life deals you lemons....🍋 (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=37371)

MITCHELL 07-04-2023 08:06 AM

When life deals you lemons....🍋

1 Attachment(s)
Grow something yellow 💛 hook neck squash
From a 5gal bucket 🪣

MITCHELL 07-04-2023 08:10 AM

Green....

1 Attachment(s)
Zucchini squash

MITCHELL 07-04-2023 08:12 AM

Beef

1 Attachment(s)
Stake tomatoes 🍅

MITCHELL 07-04-2023 08:15 AM

You need basil....

1 Attachment(s)
To go with the tomatoes 🍅

MITCHELL 07-04-2023 08:15 AM

Fishing slow 🐌

Here

MITCHELL 07-04-2023 08:23 AM

This is what 6lbs of ground turkey looks like

1 Attachment(s)
After dehydrateor minus a few oz's of tasting 😋
A full 1gal zip 🤫 🔐 lock bag.

MITCHELL 08-28-2023 03:44 PM

Up date on the Basil...

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MITCHELL (Post 319460)
To go with the tomatoes 🍅

Bon appetite

MITCHELL 08-28-2023 03:54 PM

Add....

1 Attachment(s)
Some tuna

MITCHELL 08-28-2023 04:22 PM

Beef 🐮

1 Attachment(s)
Steak...

PapaDave 08-30-2023 06:29 AM

Gardening...

Nice to see someone else is into gardening. I grow stuff as well, mostly squash and tomatoes, also have a lot of blueberry and blackberry bushes, and other stuff...

:canabis:

MITCHELL 08-30-2023 07:23 PM

Going to cut in 1in slabs....

1 Attachment(s)
And plastic wrap for the deep freezer
Along with whole tomatoes 🍅 and slice tomatoes
I like tomato basil garlic oil olive pasta
The hook necks yellow squash the skin gets tough if you let them get big, but not the zucchini squash
All summer long....:eating:

MITCHELL 08-30-2023 08:31 PM

I have had just a squash dinners

Cut up a big one, 20in black ⚫️ iron skillet.
Saute in butter/oil olive salt black pepper garlic and onion powder, onions optional.
Extra sharp graded cheddar cheese 🧀👌
Delicious 😋

MITCHELL 08-31-2023 04:22 AM

I make alot of soups with my leftover bones....

1 Attachment(s)
Powdered chicken broth but no salt.Between the chicken broth and the soy sauce there's more sodium than you need, if you put to much, but garlic and onion powder spices herbs 🌿 get the green light. I will have plenty of frozen tomatoes basil and squash to make my soups this winter. The Japanese and other Asians are smart get hydrated and a meal in one from a bowl meal.
Love these noodles they cook quick and are the last thing I add to my soups. I order the buckwheat and the Ramen noodles.

MITCHELL 08-31-2023 04:44 AM

BTW....

Does anyone know how to transfer your fishing pictures back into your cell phone, incase BWE crashes. I lost all my old pictures when I switched phone carriers. I used to be a member of Kayak fishing addicts but that website crashed and I lost all my information.
Some of else here have alot of history.
Hate to see that gone Some day.
BWE for eternity.

PapaDave 08-31-2023 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MITCHELL (Post 319701)
Does anyone know how to transfer your fishing pictures back into your cell phone, incase BWE crashes. I lost all my old pictures when I switched phone carriers. I used to be a member of Kayak fishing addicts but that website crashed and I lost all my information.
Some of else here have alot of history.
Hate to see that gone Some day.
BWE for eternity.

Try downloading them to your computer, then plug your phone into the computer and copy them to it. Or to a flash drive.

Here's a recipe for you...

Take a spaghetti squash, cut it in half length wise, remove the seeds. Wrap it in foil and bake for 45 minutes at 325 or so.

While you're doing that, brown some ground beef then add spaghetti sauce and simmer.

When the squash is semi soft, remove from oven and pour the meat sauce into the cavity, top with shredded parmesan cheese and place it back in the oven for about 15-20 minutes. Remove, cool and dig in.

MITCHELL 09-02-2023 08:50 AM

Thanks for the recipe sounds good.

I thought about adding ground meat and rice but been holding off because to much leftovers I don't like eating the same thing all week to keep from going bad.
Great for a family meal.
If I have a garden next year, I'll plant a spaghetti squash
Probably better to hollow out than a zucchini squash.
But I'll make a marinara sauce with my tomato Basil and have a meat squash tomatoe sauce melted Italian cheese meal .
BTW I don't have a computer anymore, had a state of the art computer with all the bells whistle in the year 2000 along with a fax machine, xerox copy maker. It's recycled trash now. Playing the end game now just a cell phone with internet service is all I need now.

MITCHELL 09-05-2023 07:19 PM

The mother 👩 load....

3 Attachment(s)
All week long.....

MITCHELL 09-05-2023 07:27 PM

Something seems so pure....

1 Attachment(s)
With just tomatoe🍅 basil garlic onion pasta.
Nothing had to die....no added sugar just red pepper flakes.....

PapaDave 09-06-2023 06:13 PM

Nice looking dishes you have there.

I'm afraid I'm too lazy to do a lot of fancy stuff. I cook just about everything in a frying pan... with butter. Or sometime the air fryer.

MITCHELL 09-06-2023 06:47 PM

Thanks David I'm in hog heaven

Nothing like having homegrown tomatoe marinara sauce
In the freezer. Alot of different meal dishes to choose from. Since the age of Google on your cell phone my cooking got Alot better. Stuffed bell peppers and tomatoe basil pizza and chillbeans coming up next.
Once the tomatoes are boiled for one minute and the skins are removed and the tomatoes are stewed
For a couple of hours with garlic onions and herbs and seasoning the work is mostly done.

MITCHELL 09-06-2023 06:49 PM

I forgot to mention

The fresh salsa and the BLTs wow.

JohnMckroidJr 09-08-2023 04:33 PM

Lots of good organic stuff there...... where's the Lemonade?

MITCHELL 09-09-2023 04:22 PM

No Lemonade.....

I
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMckroidJr (Post 319718)
Lots of good organic stuff there...... where's the Lemonade?

But there's going to be lemon juice in my last harvest of canned tomatoes 🍅 stay tuned, tomatoes 🍅 in my fridge, tomatoes in my freezer, tomatoes on my shelf.
Tomatoes in my tuna ect.....

MITCHELL 09-13-2023 04:48 AM

I have Canned tuna buy the case load....

1 Attachment(s)
But a first time for home grown tomatoes 🍅 basil garlic
One lid did not seal can't wait to add to onions garlic saut?ing in olive oil for whole wheat pasta dish.going with Ramada cheese and maybe add one of my canned tuna. Stay tuned 😎 you might say a filler for the belly and between fish reports
This is only the second vegetable garden I have planted.
Two things I will do different next year if I plant 🪴 again will be start seedlings earlier I still have green tomatoes on the vine and if your going to germinate 2 seeds make sure you kill the weaker one which I did not causing over crowding and a lot of chopping back from over growth also pull tomato suckers sooner. The local cat 🐈 kelp the rats 🐀 away no need to set traps.

MITCHELL 09-13-2023 05:04 AM

And next time I can tomatoes 🍅....

I'll probably make a marinara sauce so jars are fuller.
Or grind up tomatoes better. They were basically raw and blanched in boiling water for one minute and some of the skin removed. Skin on or off is not really that big of a deal to me. But taste is everything. I better have at least one good tasting meal every day. I see why Gordon ramsay blows his ass when it taste bad. But I have alot of respect for him because he exposed all the dead sharks hiding on roof tops waiting to sell for shark fin soup, in a TV show.

MITCHELL 09-13-2023 05:54 AM

And being a senior citizen....

And eating half as much as I used to, a good tasting meal, is everything in the day. Shitty meal Shitty day you might say. 🙃 :D

MITCHELL 09-20-2023 02:08 PM

Happy 64th birthday to me....

2 Attachment(s)
Beef stake tomatoes 🍅 with ribeye and coconut 🥥 shrimp and cheese cake

MITCHELL 09-20-2023 02:15 PM

I like ranch dip sour cream dressing with my wedge salad

And a balsamic vinegar olive oil
Garlic brown sugar honey 🍯 dressing around the edges
And lots of crushed black ⚫️ pepper
BTW...Took the picture before I added the red onions 🌰

MITCHELL 09-26-2023 12:09 PM

Pot of love ❤️ going down

1 Attachment(s)
Fresh off the vine, pizza sauce
It's not like we're overwhelmed with fish reports

MITCHELL 09-26-2023 01:16 PM

Cooling down.....

1 Attachment(s)
To room temperature 🌡 before add to pizza dough

MITCHELL 09-26-2023 01:21 PM

No meat....

Added, trauma free pizza 🥖
You might say. By no means am I a veg head.

MITCHELL 09-26-2023 04:19 PM

Bon appetite 😋

2 Attachment(s)
Wow 👌mozzarella Romano cheese mix.

MITCHELL 09-26-2023 04:23 PM

Honestly......

I don't even miss the pepperoni or sausage ect....

MITCHELL 09-29-2023 08:00 PM

Had some left over.....

1 Attachment(s)
Tomato Basil marinara sauce from the pizza 🍕
So were going right into a pasta dish.
Sharing the harvest

MITCHELL 09-29-2023 08:13 PM

This truly might be the best combination on earth 🌎

3 Attachment(s)
Canned tuna and Canned tomatoe basil.
Combined, the favors there...all natural just added
water 💧 debating adding finely chopped carrots, celery, onions and relish like I always do with my tuna and alittle mayo.
But it's so good now I don't want to ruin the favor.
I'll have to try just half and half.

Doing a taste test both are excellent tasting it comes down to a mood thing 😋

MITCHELL 09-29-2023 08:14 PM

Got soda....

Crackers

PapaDave 09-30-2023 07:13 AM

How do you 'can' your fish? I'm familiar with canning things like fruit, but have never tried it on fish.

MITCHELL 09-30-2023 04:48 PM

Canning fish is easy....

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaDave (Post 319813)
How do you 'can' your fish? I'm familiar with canning things like fruit, but have never tried it on fish.

From the Time your pressure cooker weight starts hissing and rocking slow, cooking time is 90 to100 minutes. I cut up fish into 1ins pieces raw and stuff sterilized 12oz Mason jars full. I like to cut out the dark meat and cook that separate in a pan with butter lemon and hot sauce and eat right away if fresh.
Getting back to canning. I first put salt 1/2 teasp jalape?o skin 1 Tbs olive oil, garlic clove and stuff raw fish yellowtail or yellow fin pretty much taste the same canned
Packed in jars add drinking water to the bottom of the threads of Mason jar. Then I take a knife 🔪 and get all the air bubbles out of jars and cut through the fish at the same time because I mash it up anyway but never fill more water than to bottom of threads. Put bands on jars finger tight don't over tighten important. I use a 7qt presto pressure cooker it holds 7 small mouth 12oz jars
Fill add hot water 3/4 full close and cook.

MITCHELL 09-30-2023 04:54 PM

Low and behold....

1 Attachment(s)
What was green turned red, easy to spot....
Tomato 🍅 basil

MITCHELL 09-30-2023 04:57 PM

BTW Dave

You only want to can fish that is oily