Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge

Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/index.php)
-   Kayak Fishing Reports (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Slooooooooow at the Jewel (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=28222)

Geno Machino 02-09-2016 11:31 AM

Slooooooooow at the Jewel

No fish or even a bite this morning.

Bait was easily made. Squid was unproductive, also

Water was cool (57-58) and green.

Launch and landing were as easy as it gets.

Good luck out there.

Geno

GregAndrew 02-09-2016 12:03 PM

I will second that and raise you a few Sea Lions. Lots of boats and yaks for a Tues. but did not see any of them hooked up to anything but dogs. Lots of Red Crabs from top to bottom.

ful-rac 02-09-2016 12:12 PM

Yeah that's what they usually say when it's stoopid wide open!!! How many seabass and yellows did you ice today greg?

bolocop 02-09-2016 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ful-rac (Post 253104)
Yeah that's what they usually say when it's stoopid wide open!!! How many seabass and yellows did you ice today greg?

I was out there as well. Got yelled at by a PB'er for getting too close to his anchor line. I guess folks are cranky when no one is catching! BTW, I wasn't that close, pretty sure he couldn't hit me with an iron (new standard for distance).

Dead out there, didn't see any hookups nor any fish landed.

Bait easy to make and willing to throw themselves at the sabiki but they are the little 6-7" variety.

What happened to the monster fish?

YakDout 02-09-2016 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bolocop (Post 253108)
I was out there as well. Got yelled at by a PB'er for getting too close to his anchor line. I guess folks are cranky when no one is catching! BTW, I wasn't that close, pretty sure he couldn't hit me with an iron (new standard for distance).

Bait easy to make and willing to throw themselves at the sabiki but they are the little 6-7" variety.

I noticed the bigger baits were biting when trolling the sabiki, or casting and winding pretty quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

driftwood 02-09-2016 01:32 PM

You're all a bunch liars! I saw TON AND TONS of fish on the web cam!!
My eyes don't deceive me. :rolleyes:

dos ballenas 02-09-2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bolocop (Post 253108)

Good question? Where did they go? On your "reports" last week I thought you said there were "plenty to go around" :confused:

Did they swim back to Mexico? Or did they go north to Alaska? I hear they catch yellowtail in Oregon this time of year?

RK 02-09-2016 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dos ballenas (Post 253114)
Good question? Where did they go? On your "reports" last week I thought you said there were "plenty to go around" :confused:

Did they swim back to Mexico? Or did they go north to Alaska? I hear they catch yellowtail in Oregon this time of year?

Some big fat meany in a tin boat with a NOAA shirt on kept nose hooking macs and letting them swim at me, must have been a local flexing his muscle..

Dirty Curti 02-09-2016 02:16 PM

Geno, Text me the real scoop...I know you are out there killin' it! :reel::wsb:

bolocop 02-09-2016 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dos ballenas (Post 253114)

You mean my report from a month ago? Nope, they didn't go anywhere. Each and every one of them were caught already. Not one YT left in LJ now.

GregAndrew 02-09-2016 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwood (Post 253112)
My eyes don't deceive me. :rolleyes:

You might want to reload the page so you are not seeing video from the summer :D

ctfphoto 02-09-2016 03:12 PM

Slooooow, but super beautiful today

dos ballenas 02-09-2016 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bolocop (Post 253123)
You mean my report from a month ago? Nope, they didn't go anywhere. Each and every one of them were caught already. Not one YT left in LJ now.

Ok good to know thanks. Let me know when la jolla gets a fresh stocking then I will go fishing again

ful-rac 02-09-2016 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dos ballenas (Post 253153)
Ok good to know thanks. Let me know when la jolla gets a fresh stocking then I will go fishing again

Oh you know he will!

Harry Hill 02-09-2016 06:48 PM

I think I'm just going to fish for panfish until the big fish pick up again. Catch some of those blue gilled kelp perch.

Tandem Assassin 02-09-2016 07:53 PM

[QUOTE=driftwood;253112]You're all a bunch liars! I saw TON AND TONS of fish on the web cam!!
My eyes don't deceive me. :rolleyes:[/

Go hump your fist Driftwood. You saw a few post that backed up what I saw a day after I posted.

If you put down the pipe long enough you will remember my post back in June when I was catching Bluefin 5 miles off Dana Point.

Andy & Yanni went out after seeing my post and scored...

I don't blow smoke up anyone ass and just try to contribute as I am anti code group and like to share info when I encounter a bite as BWE has given me some good intel over the years.

The only thing I would change in my post is the title - I should of said looks like a good day at the jewel - my bad.

eekamouse463 02-09-2016 08:15 PM

:luxhello:
Quote:

Originally Posted by ctfphoto (Post 253129)
Slooooow, but super beautiful today

#truth Was there on Monday from 1am to 9:30 am Nothing. Some did hook up but very scratchy. :iagree:

driftwood 02-09-2016 09:52 PM

[QUOTE=Tandem Assassin;253160]
Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwood (Post 253112)
My eyes don't deceive me. :rolleyes:[/

Go hump your fist Driftwood. You saw a few post that backed up what I saw a day after I posted.

If you put down the pipe long enough you will remember my post back in June when I was catching Bluefin 5 miles off Dana Point.

Andy & Yanni went out after seeing my post and scored...

I don't blow smoke up anyone ass and just try to contribute as I am anti code group and like to share info when I encounter a bite as BWE has given me some good intel over the years.

The only thing I would change in my post is the title - I should of said looks like a good day at the jewel - my bad.

For years and years I contributed with fishing reports Tandem assassin. I even spent a ton of time and money fighting the MLPA. I stopped because the kayak fishing sport has gotten HUGE!!!!

Less fishing grounds means bumper to bumper kayaks and boats! BTW, you can catch Yellowtail/WSB almost everyday in La Jolla. There, how is that for fishing report?

Didn't mean to get your panties in a wad. I was just playing around sorry.

If you want to contribute go ahead. who I'm I to say you can't? the choice is yours.

surfisher 02-09-2016 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dos ballenas (Post 253153)

I wonder how many lbs they will stock on the next run. I sure hope there's a good amount to go around for everyone.

FullFlavorPike 02-10-2016 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geno Machino (Post 253094)
No fish or even a bite this morning.

My first post here. Been lurking a bit. Lots of good info. Started fishing off my kayak because the diving's not really happening.

I spent the day out there yesterday. Hooked up around 3:30 after scorching in the sun all day. Farmed it like the king of kooks. :doh:

Still, one hell of a nice afternoon on the water.